+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test Completed But BACKGROUND CHECK in progress.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Yes Oct 2022. Spouse received FP Req on Feb 22, FP received Mar 13, and her BGC on Mar 14. So I guess my criminality also passed with her on Mar 13-14, but Security in process since Feb 22?? No idea. Also I don't know whether it went in Security Screening or generally security is pending, as noticed on this thread, test pass and security in process mostly cases are of SS, thats what makes me wonder whether mine is in SS or just security is in process due to procedural delay. Hence the worry here and notes not arrived so I don't know. Hence was asking how come I be certain whether its SS or not.
I think you're worrying too much given that your only just applied a few months ago. Wait for your test.

It could be procedural.
If you're really concerned, you could apply for notes under the privacy act from CBSA and Specifically ask for "security screening activities". In my case it said clearly referred to CSIS (but in later requests, it was blanked out). And If you apply to CSIS, they will only confirm if they have your file or not. But I wouldn't make needless requests at this early stage.

Reactions: jojee2k6

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Feb is pretty recent. If you haven't already, apply for notes from CBSA under the privacy act and Specifically ask for "security screening activities". In my case it said clearly referred to CSIS (but in later requests, it was blanked out). But even if it is in security and it took 7 months, you could still get citizenship within a year so I wouldn't worry too much.
Thanks I've already applied thru CBSA and 30 days already been passed yet not received, when I'll receive I'll check and seek your advice. Hopefully its not in SS. Given current strike dynamics and pending security really giving me nightmares.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Thanks I've already applied thru CBSA and 30 days already been passed yet not received, when I'll receive I'll check and seek your advice. Hopefully its not in SS. Given current strike dynamics and pending security really giving me nightmares.
Everyone has some security screening. Some are selected for further screening. Even if you are in that category and it took 7-8 months, it would be done by the fall by which time you would have completed your test and would be at the last stage at the one year Mark, which is pretty good given the long wait for many of Us.

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Everyone has some security screening. Some are selected for further screening. Even if you are in that category and it took 7-8 months, it would be done by the fall by which time you would have completed your test and would be at the last stage at the one year Mark, which is pretty good given the long wait for many of Us.
High hopes, even by fall I would be fine, I guess. Yet SCR is my VO which is also proven to be sluggish even after BGC, there would be new counter of LPP and Oath, fingers crossed!

Guptavv

Oct 15, 2017
NA
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
21-07-2017
Doc's Request.
13-10-2017
AOR Received.
06-11-2017
IELTS Request
10-07-2017
Med's Request
25-10-2017
Passport Req..
04-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2018
LANDED..........
04-06-2018
Is any movement happening after the strike or the process has come to standstill ?

Hummingbird89

Mar 18, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
Security was pending, Criminality was passed in late October after submitting fingerprints in August 2022.
I don’t have exact dates but I believe my security was started end of July 2022. Hope this helps.
When did you get your final decision? Thanks!

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016

So, I received my GCMS notes today from CBSA (after 39 days), I redacted info and combined spouse's notes as well with some remarks in 'red'.

What wonders is me is that there's no sub-activities section/page under Security Clearance, by which I could perceive that my BG is in 'Security Screening'. The only sub-activities section I see is under Criminality regarding the FP Requests.

Secondly, Grant Review Ready-PM01 - doesn't it mean that LPP is near?

Based upon your experiences, what's your opinion or take away from these notes?

Thanks!

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016

So, I received my GCMS notes today from CBSA (after 39 days), I redacted info and combined spouse's notes as well with some remarks in 'red'.

What wonders is me is that there's no sub-activities section/page under Security Clearance, by which I could perceive that my BG is in 'Security Screening'. The only sub-activities section I see is under Criminality regarding the FP Requests.

Thanks!
Seniors please suggest @legalfalcon @scylla thank you!

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016

Thanks!
@johnjkjk u had also similar observations in ur notes?

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016

Thanks!
Security is in progress. Have to wait. As I told you before, it can take 7-9 months so you may have to wait until the fall for background, since security only started in Feb. They often redact CSIS referral information, nothing to worry about. Review ready is a good sign. In my case it still says test ready (not good).