+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test Completed But BACKGROUND CHECK in progress.

Guptavv

Oct 15, 2017
NA
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
21-07-2017
Doc's Request.
13-10-2017
AOR Received.
06-11-2017
IELTS Request
10-07-2017
Med's Request
25-10-2017
Passport Req..
04-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2018
LANDED..........
04-06-2018
Most people will see an update in 1-2 months.

If You're selected for further scrutiny, it could take a long time.
1-2 months keeping fingers crossed, just crossed 1 month mark after BG completed for 2 time, hoping any delay from 1 month is because of strike but that me being optimistic

Reactions: johnjkjk

bd2017

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
I’ve almost passed the one month mark after BG complete. Here hoping it’s coming soon…

kareem.h.sakr

Feb 9, 2023
Still waiting for my background check to be marked completed, my security screening started on October 26, 2022 and still in progress. fingerprints received and criminality passed on Nov. 30, 2022, test marked completed Nov. 18, 2022, Physical presence and language marked completed on April 14, 2022
have you any idea guys how my application status could be? BG is taking long time, now is my month 7 since its started.
Im exactly the same

h348400034

Star Member
Jan 26, 2023
Most people will see an update in 1-2 months.

If You're selected for further scrutiny, it could take a long time.
Any updates from your application?
I left Canada after I apply citizenship, I am now live in US with work visa, not sure if this is the reason my LPP is so slow.
I saw lots of people got update 1 week after bg check.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Any updates from your application?
I left Canada after I apply citizenship, I am now live in US with work visa, not sure if this is the reason my LPP is so slow.
I saw lots of people got update 1 week after bg check.
Your bg was completed April 11. Add a couple of weeks for the strike and you could see an update end of May at the earliest. That is, if your LPP is straightforward. Living in the US could complicate matters. Another person's file was put on hold for a year because they'd (honestly) provided their US address. IRCC eventually asked for a Canadian address to continue processing.

h348400034

Star Member
Jan 26, 2023
Your bg was completed April 11. Add a couple of weeks for the strike and you could see an update end of May at the earliest. That is, if your LPP is straightforward. Living in the US could complicate matters. Another person's file was put on hold for a year because they'd (honestly) provided their US address. IRCC eventually asked for a Canadian address to continue processing.
I always put the Canadian address on the file, but with a US cell phone number. At this moment, I no longer meet 3 out of the last 5 years, but I still keep my PR status. Hope this won't affect Physical Presence.

jaskaran90

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
I always put the Canadian address on the file, but with a US cell phone number. At this moment, I no longer meet 3 out of the last 5 years, but I still keep my PR status. Hope this won't affect Physical Presence.
If you no longer meet 3 out of the 5 years, then how come you have applied for citizenship?

h348400034

Star Member
Jan 26, 2023
Also, I heard in some threads, people can choose e certificate since mid April, not sure it's available for everyone. I would love to get an e-certificate, so I don't need to wait the paper one mail to me.
Also, self-administered oath is coming in June based on previous news, but no update on that since early April, not sure if we can do self-administered oath.
I saw a new passport design coming in July, probably we will get the new passport based on our timeline.

h348400034

Star Member
Jan 26, 2023
If you no longer meet 3 out of the 5 years, then how come you have applied for citizenship?
I meet 3 out of the 5 years when I apply citizenship, but I left Canada after that, after 17 months, I no longer meet.
I was using 2 years from PR, then another 2 years (only count half) from temporary resident.

Reactions: jaskaran90

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
As Long as you're maintaining your PR (2 our of 5 year’s). However the can be fussy about being in Canada and they Will have access to your entry/exist records. Many people who took their test outside Canada were asked to provide proof of return. Don't know if this applies to the US but you never know.

h348400034

Star Member
Jan 26, 2023
As Long as you're maintaining your PR (2 our of 5 year’s). However the can be fussy about being in Canada and they Will have access to your entry/exist records. Many people who took their test outside Canada were asked to provide proof of return. Don't know if this applies to the US but you never know.
My wife is canadian citizen, so I won't lose my PR even I leave outside of Canada. One thing I am worry about is if somehow they reject my citizenship application, and I have to re apply then I need to move back to canada for several months.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
My wife is canadian citizen, so I won't lose my PR even I leave outside of Canada. One thing I am worry about is if somehow they reject my citizenship application, and I have to re apply then I need to move back to canada for several months.
You still need to live here for 2 years out of 5, even if your wife is Canadian. If you fall below the 2 year mark, they will reject your application. It’s better to ensure that you’re well above two year mark and have proof ready if asked. I know there are certain rules for the US but they may still ask about your return plans. Many here have been in you’re situation (living in USA). You can connect with them and ask for advice

h348400034

Star Member
Jan 26, 2023
You still need to live here for 2 years out of 5, even if your wife is Canadian. If you fall below the 2 year mark, they will reject your application. It’s better to ensure that you’re well above two year mark and have proof ready if asked. I know there are certain rules for the US but they may still ask about your return plans. Many here have been in you’re situation (living in USA). You can connect with them and ask for advice
Thanks, Should be good for me. I am fine with 2 years out of 5 until Jan 2025, I think I will get citizenship approve before that.

Reactions: johnjkjk