+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test Completed But BACKGROUND CHECK in progress.

rdpatel1201@yahoo.in

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
Scarborough office
Online applicant
6 June 2022 AOR
29 Nov 2022 BG COMPLETED
Test invite on 14 Jan 2023
20 Jan to 9 Feb 2023 Test window
20 Jan test given
Test updated to complete on Jan 20, 2023.
Ghost update 2 Mar 2023
LPP in progress
Ceremony not started

AlCanPR

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
Depends on what's been completed and what's in progress (criminality and security). Call IRCC and ask for the status.
I called IRCC today. My background check process has started last August. Security is still in progress. The other component was completed last August. Does anyone know how long the security component takes to get completed?

jaskaran90

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
I called IRCC today. My background check process has started last August. Security is still in progress. The other component was completed last August. Does anyone know how long the security component takes to get completed?
You should see an update within the next month or so

Reactions: AlCanPR

superde

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Guys, I'm bit concerned here and I will need your opinions please,

I got FP request on 19th January from Montreal (same day like other 3 guys on this forum who have now all had their BG completed after they submitted their FP report to the office). Meanwhile, the first and only time i called IRCC, I was told by the Agent that my Security screening is completed and that it could take up 30 days for FP to be updated after it has been received by the office.

As at today which is clearly more than 30 days since the FP report was confirmed delivered to MTL office ( I tracked the delivery as I forwarded the FP report to Montreal after i received it from RCMP), my BG has not been updated and I have not been able to get through IRCC on the phone again for a week now.

The concern here for me is that the RCMP Agent that did my FP did not include my citizenship application file number on the FP report (as requested by IRCC on the FP request letter). I'm kind of paranoid that this might be causing issues and probably that is why my FP has not been updated like every other 3 days guys that reported theirs updated already with BG completed. Please note that when i forwarded the FP report to IRCC Montreal office, I attached a written letter (stating my UCI and file number) which i think should suffice.

I'm right now thinking of re-doing the FP with an RCMP approved Agency or RCMP office it-self if that will make sense. Unfortunately i cant even get through to IRCC again if that will save me sometime. This is given me a lot of anxiety and i don't know how long i can keep calm. What do you guys think?

Once again

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
Guys, I'm bit concerned here and I will need your opinions please,

I got FP request on 19th January from Montreal (same day like other 3 guys on this forum who have now all had their BG completed after they submitted their FP report to the office). Meanwhile, the first and only time i called IRCC, I was told by the Agent that my Security screening is completed and that it could take up 30 days for FP to be updated after it has been received by the office.

As at today which is clearly more than 30 days since the FP report was confirmed delivered to MTL office ( I tracked the delivery as I forwarded the FP report to Montreal after i received it from RCMP), my BG has not been updated and I have not been able to get through IRCC on the phone again for a week now.

The concern here for me is that the RCMP Agent that did my FP did not include my citizenship application file number on the FP report (as requested by IRCC on the FP request letter). I'm kind of paranoid that this might be causing issues and probably that is why my FP has not been updated like every other 3 days guys that reported theirs updated already with BG completed. Please note that when i forwarded the FP report to IRCC Montreal office, I attached a written letter (stating my UCI and file number) which i think should suffice.

I'm right now thinking of re-doing the FP with an RCMP approved Agency or RCMP office it-self if that will make sense. Unfortunately i cant even get through to IRCC again if that will save me sometime. This is given me a lot of anxiety and i don't know how long i can keep calm. What do you guys think?
Don’t worry. My spouse‘s app was updated after 3 months althought they received it. once it is updated, that mean you will updated LPP soon, and take oath.

superde

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Don’t worry. My spouse‘s app was updated after 3 months althought they received it. once it is updated, that mean you will updated LPP soon, and take oath.
Is your Spouse's processing Montreal too? and was the file number missing on the FP report? Just looking for someone with similar case..

degm

May 31, 2017
Is your Spouse's processing Montreal too? and was the file number missing on the FP report? Just looking for someone with similar case..
Hey buddy, if it's making you too anxious why don't you just redo the FP with an agency? Worst case scenario, IRCC would receive two reports with the same information.