+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test Completed But BACKGROUND CHECK in progress.

AlCanPR

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
Sometimes background takes time. You can call to ask whether criminality and security are in progress (the two components of background checks).
Thanks, how long does it usually take to have the background check completed in such a case like mine?

AlCanPR

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
Hi folks, just to share that my BGC has finally been updated to Completed this afternoon. I never feel "safe" with IRCC but for now I'm glad to see the change in my online tracker. I hope a speedy process for y'all.
Congratulations, what’s the timeline for your application?

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
How to request CBSA notes? is there anything specific I need to mention in the request? I am planning to request GCMS and CBSA notes at same time. Can you please advise on this?
They're both provide the same gcms notes. CBSA can also offer additional details on background screening (mention it in your request). However in your situation, I don't think you will gain anything. Your background will probably be completed beforehand you receive the notes lol

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
They're both provide the same gcms notes. CBSA can also offer additional details on background screening (mention it in your request). However in your situation, I don't think you will gain anything. Your background will probably be completed beforehand you receive the notes lol
Hopefully, I will wait till end of this month.
Good luck for your LLP and Oath, keep us updated.

Reactions: johnjkjk

AlCanPR

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
Depends on what's been completed and what's in progress (criminality and security). Call IRCC and ask for the status.
Thanks! I will call them tomorrow. Could you also tell me for each scenario what the common processing timeline is?

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Thanks! I will call them tomorrow. Could you also tell me for each scenario what the common processing timeline is?
Security can take 9 months to a year. Criminality usually clears quickly. If not, I can't say.

You should also ask when your background (criminality/security) started. If this was around test time, you could be waiting until later this year and an update.

jaskaran90

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
Rare to see criminality Pending for so Long without FP!

@ROCK ON have you got any update yet?
Been seeing this for either case...if Security is complete, Criminality is taking 6 months or so, and if Criminality is complete, Security is taking 6 months or so...its more of the application getting stuck in a queue for further review.

Reactions: ROCK ON

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Did you submit fingerprints after all? Someone had suggested that you should do it, it may spark some movement in your application.
Letter is needed for submitting fingerprints. Without the letter nothing can be done.

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Been seeing this for either case...if Security is complete, Criminality is taking 6 months or so, and if Criminality is complete, Security is taking 6 months or so...its more of the application getting stuck in a queue for further review.
Dont know. its been 9+ months for me. Stuck at criminality