+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test Completed But BACKGROUND CHECK in progress.

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
Lots of people got it. Seems to be a system update. Waiting for LPP here.
Thanks, waiting for Background and LPP.
I have a question: my criminality was started in late July with Fingerprints submitted in early August and passed in October, Test was completed after the criminality passed. As per ATIP notes security is blank but its show requested clearance for RCMP/ blank : Y does this means it was started at same day? Any other way to find the security information when it was started?

Hoping for the good news sooner.

rmtl

Aug 27, 2021
I have a question: my criminality was started in late July with Fingerprints submitted in early August and passed in October, Test was completed after the criminality passed. As per ATIP notes security is blank but its show requested clearance for RCMP/ blank : Y does this means it was started at same day? Any other way to find the security information when it was started?

It is hard to tell I got my ATIP yesterday, my background is already completed but in ATIP from CBSA says RCMP/CSIS requested for clearance and my security is blank. but criminality is done. It is really hard to understand what's going on in these codes.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016

Did you request/receive a page from CBSA called “security screening activities” with some dates and a sub-details page? If not, write to the named contact on the cbsa atip cover letter, saying that it is missing- please send it.

Security info is often blanked out from atip but we can deduce the start date from notes. Usually it’s the same start date as criminality, so late July for you. You can expect to see background update in 8-9 months up to a year, so you’re almost there

Reactions: manmoi31

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
Did you request/receive a page from CBSA called “security screening activities” with some dates and a sub-details page? If not, write to the named contact on the cbsa atip cover letter, saying that it is missing- please send it.

Security info is often blanked out from atip but we can deduce the start date from notes. Usually it’s the same start date as criminality, so late July for you. You can expect to see background update in 8-9 months up to a year, so you’re almost there
No I requested GCMS notes and it was last year. Criminality and Security clearance started on same time in late July, criminality passed in October.

Hopefully see the movement sooner, otherwise will request CBSA notes and will ask you for guidance.

AlCanPR

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
Hi everyone,
I have a question about the background check. I got my AOR on June 30, 2022. There was no update for my application until I got test invite. I completed the test on Feb 14, 2023. Everything else is still in progress. Is this normal? I thought background check was supposed to be processed before the test.
Thanks

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Hi everyone,
I have a question about the background check. I got my AOR on June 30, 2022. There was no update for my application until I got test invite. I completed the test on Feb 14, 2023. Everything else is still in progress. Is this normal? I thought background check was supposed to be processed before the test.
Thanks
Sometimes background takes time. You can call to ask whether criminality and security are in progress (the two components of background checks).

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
No I requested GCMS notes and it was last year. Criminality and Security clearance started on same time in late July, criminality passed in October.

Hopefully see the movement sooner, otherwise will request CBSA notes and will ask you for guidance.
Yes so hopefully you will hit the 8-9 month mark by April. Hang in there, your update is on the way!

Reactions: manmoi31

MoJoMo

Feb 9, 2023
I just got my CBSA Notes:

Knowledge: Passed
Language: Not Started
Residence: Not Started
Prohibition: Not Started
Criminality:In Progress

Criminality Clearance:
Type: CIT RCPM Screening
Validity Date:
Assigned to: RC8090 ( Sydney Office from Googling it ( Also my secondary office) )
Due Date: 06/20/2021

3 Notes:
Application Started Date
Invited To Exam Dated
Passed Exam Date

What do you guys make of this ?

I called CIC and they said to just wait :/

Nov 17th, 2020, Application received
Feb 10th, 2021: AOR
April 6th, 2021: Application Started
Sept 14th. 2021 : FP Requested
Oct 5h, 2021: FP submitted
Oct 8th, 2021: Test invitation
Oct 29th, 2021: Test Scheduled
Nov 17th, 2021: Test Completed (tracker)

Thank you

Last edited:

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
I just got my CBSA Notes:

Knowledge: Passed
Language: Not Started
Residence: Not Started
Prohibition: Not Started
Criminality:In Progress

Criminality Clearance:
Type: CIT RCPM Screening
Validity Date:
Assigned to: RC#### (I hid the numbers)
Due Date: 06/20/2021

3 Notes:
Application Started Date
Invited To Exam Dated
Passed Exam Date

What do you guys make of this ?

I called CIC and they said to just wait :/

Nov 17th, 2020, Application received
Feb 10th, 2021: AOR
April 6th, 2021: Application Started
Sept 14th. 2021 : FP Requested
Oct 5h, 2021: FP submitted
Oct 8th, 2021: Test invitation
Oct 29th, 2021: Test Scheduled
Nov 17th, 2021: Test Completed (tracker)

Thank you
Call RCMP to check whether your FP was processed and mailed to IRCC. And call IRCC to check if they received the result. Perhaps it got lost in the mail.

Since FP is only valid for one year, they will request your FP again anyway, so you can just go ahead and get your FP done again (showing the previous letter). Someone recently did this and it worked for them. Try a different FP agency this time.

MoJoMo

Feb 9, 2023
Call RCMP to check whether your FP was processed and mailed to IRCC. And call IRCC to check if they received the result. Perhaps it got lost in the mail.

Since FP is only valid for one year, they will request your FP again anyway, so you can just go ahead and get your FP done again (showing the previous letter). Someone recently did this and it worked for them. Try a different FP agency this time.
Thank you!
Is there any special phone line for this or just the number on RCPM website ?

Thank you

penguin123

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Thank you!
Is there any special phone line for this or just the number on RCPM website ?

Thank you
RCMP closes the phone line for FP check, so you won't be able to reach anyone by calling. I'd suggest sending them an email with all your info plus the ID number from your FP document. They'll answer in about a month.

Reactions: MoJoMo

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
Yes so hopefully you will hit the 8-9 month mark by April. Hang in there, your update is on the way!
How to request CBSA notes? is there anything specific I need to mention in the request? I am planning to request GCMS and CBSA notes at same time. Can you please advise on this?

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
Hi folks, just to share that my BGC has finally been updated to Completed this afternoon. I never feel "safe" with IRCC but for now I'm glad to see the change in my online tracker. I hope a speedy process for y'all.
Congratulations and good luck

• Love
Reactions: degm