+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test Completed But BACKGROUND CHECK in progress.

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
Guys....

Got Updated oath date this morning:

Application : Single, Online
Physical Presence : 1456 days
Application sent and received : Dec 03, 2021.
AOR : Feb 11, 2022
Test Invite - June 9, 2022
Test Window - June 13 to July 03, 2022
Attempt - June 13, 2022
Completed - June 15, 2022
Background Check - Jan 12, 2023
Prohibitions - Jan 30, 2023
Physical Presence - Jan 30, 2023
Language - Jan 30, 2023
Oath Ceremony - Mar 01, 2023
Congrats

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
I called IRCC regarding my pr card replacement and they said they didn't even open my application yet. They are processing the applications received before Jan 3, 2023. I guess I will just be travel and wishing my pr card will arrive in my mail box before my flight back. Such a gambling situation but I have no choice.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
I called IRCC regarding my pr card replacement and they said they didn't even open my application yet. They are processing the applications received before Jan 3, 2023. I guess I will just be travel and wishing my pr card will arrive in my mail box before my flight back. Such a gambling situation but I have no choice.
You could request urgent processing with flight details. They may or may not accept it but there's no harm trying. It works for passports.

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
You could request urgent processing with flight details. They may or may not accept it but there's no harm trying. It works for passports.
I did it everyday but they said the application is not even in the system so urgent request has no use. Unless I'm sending another paper application with "urgent"written in the envelop so it can be treated urgent from the beginning so it can be in the system faster. I'm sending it tmr, priority mail.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
I did it everyday but they said the application is not even in the system so urgent request has no use. Unless I'm sending another paper application with "urgent"written in the envelop so it can be treated urgent from the beginning so it can be in the system faster. I'm sending it tmr, priority mail.
Won't that result in a duplicate application? Priority still takes a week to reach and another week to get opened.

jaskaran90

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
Is your current PR card still valid?
If it is, you can travel using the existing PR card and re-enter the country as long as it is within the 60 days of the issue of the new PR card.

degm

May 31, 2017
Is your current PR card still valid?
If it is, you can travel using the existing PR card and re-enter the country as long as it is within the 60 days of the issue of the new PR card.
Can you please point our where to find this information? My PR card expires the 26th of June and I'm planning a work trip earlier that same month. I was considering applying for my new card upon my return, but maybe I could begin the process sooner if it's allowed to have two valid cards...

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Can you please point our where to find this information? My PR card expires the 26th of June and I'm planning a work trip earlier that same month. I was considering applying for my new card upon my return, but maybe I could begin the process sooner if it's allowed to have two valid cards...
If you apply now you will receive your new card in time.

degm

May 31, 2017
If you apply now you will receive your new card in time.
Will I? Isn't it taking like 5 months for the cards to be issued? I fly out the 1st of June and return the 20th, I need to be 100% sure that I'll have a card available to fly out and to return.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Will I? Isn't it taking like 5 months for the cards to be issued? I fly out the 1st of June and return the 20th, I need to be 100% sure that I'll have a card available to fly out and to return.
I think the current processing time is 90 days. You can check. I got mine in 45 days recently.

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
@johnjkjk - Hello Hope you are doing well. My card is going to expire early next month and will only be renewing the card by April once move to new address as they send card to residential address not mailing address. Do we need to have valid card while on citizenship processing or during OATH ceremony? ( Just being hopeful if get Oath before new card)
Thanks

Last edited:

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
Won't that result in a duplicate application? Priority still takes a week to reach and another week to get opened.
It's advised to do on their website.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/urgent.html
If you select already applied but not in system yet, they would ask you to send another one writing "urgent" on it. They will only charge you once and return the application that they couldn't charge you so it's fine I guess.
I feel better if I know my application is already in the system before I leave better than waiting for another 3 weeks and not sure if it will be in the system or not for regular processing because up till now they are only looking at application received on and before Jan 3, mine was received on Jan 26

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
@johnjkjk - Hello Hope you are doing well. My card is going to expire early next month and will only be renewing the card by April once move to new address as they send card to residential address not mailing address. Do we need to have valid card while on citizenship processing or during OATH ceremony? ( Just being hopeful if get Oath before new card)
Thanks
I think you can have an expired card during oath. Please confirm on their website.

Reactions: manmoi31

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
It's advised to do on their website.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/urgent.html
If you select already applied but not in system yet, they would ask you to send another one writing "urgent" on it. They will only charge you once and return the application that they couldn't charge you so it's fine I guess.
I feel better if I know my application is already in the system before I leave better than waiting for another 3 weeks and not sure if it will be in the system or not for regular processing because up till now they are only looking at application received on and before Jan 3, mine was received on Jan 26
I see. I guess they processed mine as urgent then. I sent it in a fancy card envelope (all that was available!). Could have fortunately have ended up in the urgent pile :)

I should have applied for citizenship by paper.

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
I see. I guess they processed mine as urgent then. I sent it in a fancy card envelope (all that was available!). Could have fortunately have ended up in the urgent pile :)

I should have applied for citizenship by paper.
You mailed the application to the P.O. Box address or the office address for courier? I mailed the urgent one to the office address but I just realized I put urgent on my envelop but ups put my envelop in their envelop and I didn't write urgent on it. It's like no use, I'm so stupid, didn't realize it until now and it's already on the way to Sydney