+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test Completed But BACKGROUND CHECK in progress.

rmtl

Aug 27, 2021
I hope you're right...
Yes, i did that in 2021 and it was marked completed after two months but now it is in progress again since it is valid only for a year.
Just don't expect that your file will move very quickly since requesting FP will put your file under non-routine application.

degm

May 31, 2017
Yes, i did that in 2021 and it was marked completed after two months but now it is in progress again since it is valid only for a year.
Just don't expect that your file will move very quickly since requesting FP will put your file under non-routine application.
I'm already 13 months in. May I ask how come you haven't applied for Mandamus since you're a 2020 applicant?

jaskaran90

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
That's not true...SO many FP requests have BG cleared within a week after requests are received. It is more or less non-routine if your BG is not cleared after FP request has been received for over 2-3 weeks.

degm

May 31, 2017
That's not true...SO many FP requests have BG cleared within a week after requests are received. It is more or less non-routine if your BG is not cleared after FP request has been received for over 2-3 weeks.
Yeah I think folks that submitted in 2020/early 2021 have experienced an insane amount of roadblocks that are uncharacteristic from what the majority has gone through. I guess time will tell.

Inderjeet1539

Jul 12, 2015
Hi Folks, I have scheduled for oath on Feb 1 from Calgary Office. So, the problem is I have booked my tickets to go India on Feb. 5 so I will not able to get my citizenship certificate and passport in 4 days.

I can take oath and go back to my country on Indian passport for 3 months after the date becoming citizen of Canada. But the real issue is if I cut my PR card on Feb. 1 so I will not able to board on plane from India to Canada without PR card. So I am thinking to reschedule my oath in mid March.

Reactions: manmoi31

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
Hi Folks, I have scheduled for oath on Feb 1 from Calgary Office. So, the problem is I have booked my tickets to go India on Feb. 5 so I will not able to get my citizenship certificate and passport in 4 days.

I can take oath and go back to my country on Indian passport for 3 months after the date becoming citizen of Canada. But the real issue is if I cut my PR card on Feb. 1 so I will not able to board on plane from India to Canada without PR card. So I am thinking to reschedule my oath in mid March.
Congratulations for Oath :)

Reactions: Inderjeet1539

superde

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
I got the FP request from the MTL office as well. It definitely sounds as if they work on applications by batches.
Nice to know that others stuck in background check got FP like me from Montreal office.

You are the closest to me in terms of timeline ( online Dec 21 vs Jan 22 application date). I will like us to keep ourselves updated with the progress of the application as we play this waiting game with IRCC. The earliest appointment i could get for my fingerprinting (no fee for the actual fingerprinting) with the RCMP office covering my locality here in Halifax is for Thursday 26th January ( even though I wish I can it done as early as Monday or Tuesday). I will keep you updated when that is done.

Out of my curiosity, how did you know that the security part of your BG check is complete? I see that in your timeline. did you order the GCMS notes? looks like once your finger prints are received, your BG checked should be cleared. (I'm really hoping it's same with me too that the security check of the BG is already done). I have refused to order any notes.

Reactions: degm

penguin123

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Nice to know that others stuck in background check got FP like me from Montreal office.

You are the closest to me in terms of timeline ( online Dec 21 vs Jan 22 application date). I will like us to keep ourselves updated with the progress of the application as we play this waiting game with IRCC. The earliest appointment i could get for my fingerprinting (no fee for the actual fingerprinting) with the RCMP office covering my locality here in Halifax is for Thursday 26th January ( even though I wish I can it done as early as Monday or Tuesday). I will keep you updated when that is done.

Out of my curiosity, how did you know that the security part of your BG check is complete? I see that in your timeline. did you order the GCMS notes? looks like once your finger prints are received, your BG checked should be cleared. (I'm really hoping it's same with me too that the security check of the BG is already done). I have refused to order any notes.
Is your tracker updated with request for FP? Mine isn't.

Reactions: degm

Hila.sym

Apr 24, 2022
Hi every one,

My office is Montreal and my criminality has been completed but I am stuck in security. No FP has been requested from me so far. IS there anyone in the same boat so far? Montreal office, stuck in security?

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Hi every one,

My office is Montreal and my criminality has been completed but I am stuck in security. No FP has been requested from me so far. IS there anyone in the same boat so far? Montreal office, stuck in security?
There are lots of us in this situation, this is why this thread exists! Please share your detailed timeline.

If your criminality has been completed, you won't be asked for FP. Security screening is done by third parties (CSIS, CBSA). For some reason, a lot of people have had their screening take a long time. The good news is that forum members have reported getting background cleared recently c.9 months after background start (which could start several months after submission- only way to tell is from gcms notes or by asking the call centre).

If you applied recently you just have to wait.

Reactions: Hila.sym

Hila.sym

Apr 24, 2022
There are lots of us in this situation, this is why this thread exists! Please share your detailed timeline.

If your criminality has been completed, you won't be asked for FP. Security screening is done by third parties (CSIS, CBSA). For some reason, a lot of people have had their screening take a long time. The good news is that forum members have reported getting background cleared recently c.9 months after background start (which could start several months after submission- only way to tell is from gcms notes or by asking the call centre).

If you applied recently you just have to wait.
Thanks for your response. I applied for ATIP, no response yet. I contacted the call center, the agent told me that my criminality has been completed, but they could not provide the start date of sceering. So to get the exact dates of when my security start processing, I should get CBSA notes, but I am thinking that I should wait a month or two and then get CBSA notes. I am seeing a progress in early September 2021 cases and I am October 2021 applicant, so let's hope for the best. Here is my timeline:

Citizenship Application submitted (Online, single): Oct 13th 2021
AOR Received: Jan 10th 2022
Processing Office : Montreal
Test completed: July 25th

In Progress:
* Language Skills
* Background Verification (Criminality completed, Security in progress)
* Physical Presence
* Prohibitions
* Citizenship Ceremony: Not started

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Thanks for your response. I applied for ATIP, no response yet. I contacted the call center, the agent told me that my criminality has been completed, but they could not provide the start date of sceering. So to get the exact dates of when my security start processing, I should get CBSA notes, but I am thinking that I should wait a month or two and then get CBSA notes. I am seeing a progress in early September 2021 cases and I am October 2021 applicant, so let's hope for the best. Here is my timeline:

Citizenship Application submitted (Online, single): Oct 13th 2021
AOR Received: Jan 10th 2022
Processing Office : Montreal
Test completed: July 25th

In Progress:
* Language Skills
* Background Verification (Criminality completed, Security in progress)
* Physical Presence
* Prohibitions
* Citizenship Ceremony: Not started
Well some call centre staff are more willing to help. September applicants with April/early May screening background start have seen updates recently so hopefully you may see some progress in 2-3 months.

Reactions: Hila.sym

degm

May 31, 2017

Hi there! Yeah for sure let's keep each other updated. You can DM as well if you wish.

I found out about passing the security check through an ATIP request, and then got confirmation by a call center agent over the phone.

I got my fingerprints taken on Friday, but just like you and others, nothing has changed on my tracker (there's no mention of the FP request at all). It's all so mysterious and confusing so I'm trying not to stress too much.