+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test Completed But BACKGROUND CHECK in progress.

baimmeb

Nov 21, 2016
Calgary, AB
I just got word from MPs office. Criminality passed. Security in progress. Does anyone know how long security takes? I submitted FP in May 2022.
  • Criminality passed
  • Security in progress
  • Language, residence, prohibition assessments not started
  • There are no outstanding documents
  • There are no concerns on file
my security took like a year to complete...

• Sad
Reactions: ecekid

ecekid

Star Member
Jun 2, 2013
I got same thing too, really hope is ghost update! lol
My application also got ghost updated on December 16, 2022 as well. so it's probably for everyone? Also I asked MP to help request info from IRCC so it might trigger mine that way.

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
Hopefully it is all together for u. But for me it was only bg completed.
I got the same, making me think it's more like a system update again since almost everyone has it, how about other people who already had background check done or application is almost finalized, do they have that "updated December 16" too? If we all have it then it's not ghost update but only us "background check pending" have it then there is hope. Let's hope

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
I think it's a system update, I went down to application history I saw all the old updates were marked as "new update", that the update that we had. System update. gave me wrong hope for a moment. Hate this.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
My application also got ghost updated on December 16, 2022 as well. so it's probably for everyone? Also I asked MP to help request info from IRCC so it might trigger mine that way.
I think it's a system update, I went down to application history I saw all the old updates were marked as "new update", that the update that we had. System update. gave me wrong hope for a moment. Hate this.
Lots of people got the Dec 16 ghost update including recent 2022 applicants.

Nothing to see here folks. See you for oath in 2024 or maybe 2026 if there's a new pandemic.

• Haha
Reactions: OTW5074

Hila.sym

Apr 24, 2022
I got the ghost update yesterday, but what I noticed is that they changed the graphics of my tracker page, for example there was the word "NEW" in front of the tracker history ("Activity status updated: Citizenship test"), but today the word "NEW" is gone. I hope we will get our bg checked, but I doubt that it was just more of a website design change.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
I got the ghost update yesterday, but what I noticed is that they changed the graphics of my tracker page, for example there was the word "NEW" in front of the tracker history ("Activity status updated: Citizenship test"), but today the word "NEW" is gone. I hope we will get our bg checked, but I doubt that it was just more of a website design change.
New just means new status update. You only see it the first time you login with a new update. In this instance, old updates (test) were marked as new. I'm guessing a glitch.