+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test Completed But BACKGROUND CHECK in progress.

YAS1979

Oct 30, 2022
Some of Ottawa applications were transferred to Niagara Falls for oath I believe. You can call the helpline and once you find out you he office can get the office's email address here and email saying you application is very old and hasn't gotten oath yet.

Typically the resonse rate seems to be better in general for older, backlogged applications.
Post long experience with IRCC, nothing much in your hand to do other than waiting once nothing still required from your end . All calls, emails & follow - ups, reach out to your MP, etc... are just more stress for us. Leave it for the time until they finish & close it.

Reactions: ROCK ON

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Post long experience with IRCC, nothing much in your hand to do other than waiting once nothing still required from your end . All calls, emails & follow - ups, reach out to your MP, etc... are just more stress for us. Leave it for the time until they finish & close it.
I agree with you. Its nothing but stress builder.

Inderjeet1539

Jul 12, 2015
I am also in same boat. Test completed in June and finger prints received by CIC in April 2022. everything in process.

as long as my experience with CIC, If you stuck once on something then you stuck. be patient and leave everything on time. Its almost a year now for AOR and my cousin got AOR in January 2022 and he is ready for his oath next week with same processing office. I think our files are in Non Routine Category.

mofass

Jun 28, 2022
please see my timeline in signature : waiting for an update since july 5th .... ( test completed that day )

deepika3891

Sep 20, 2021
I have done my test on January 21 and no update since then.. it's been 10 months and really frustrating.. atip notes and ircc calls , nothing seems to be of any help.. just waiting anxiously and putting all travel plans at bay

• Sad
Reactions: OTW5074 and ROCK ON

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
I have done my test on January 21 and no update since then.. it's been 10 months and really frustrating.. atip notes and ircc calls , nothing seems to be of any help.. just waiting anxiously and putting all travel plans at bay
Kindly share your timeline. Thanks

Saad1985

Nov 22, 2014
Guys, my citizenship test was completed on 14th July. My language skills, physical presence, and Prohibitions are still 'In Progress'. However, on overall application status, top-right-corner of the page, says Updated: 25th October 2022. Do these updates mean anything?

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Guys, my citizenship test was completed on 14th July. My language skills, physical presence, and Prohibitions are still 'In Progress'. However, on overall application status, top-right-corner of the page, says Updated: 25th October 2022. Do these updates mean anything?
I got interview 4 months after test so you'll probably get an update within 2 weeks.

PAB

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Hi, I had my BG status as Completed after I sent FP in Mar 2022. 1 month after the test was updated as Completed, I got an update that my BG status went back to In Progress. Has this happened to anyone?

ashvez

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
I am an Aug 2021 Applicant. My BG got complete din Dec 2021 and I gave the test in May 2022. Till now other factors are in progress and no oath invite. Whenever I call the IRCC, they say everything is fine , you will get it soon. I had also sent a webform. They came back and gave the same reply like they give when we call IRCC. Super frustrating!

degm

May 31, 2017
Test passed but BGC and everything else is IP. I ordered GCMS note to see if there's anything relevant but I'll prepare for the worst.

MajdB

Star Member
Feb 8, 2016
Test completed one year ago (Nov 2021) and BG check and everything else is still in progress.. It seems like it is a long wait.

Do we know of any similar cases which got their BG check completed? What would be the average time for the BG check to be completed for these similar cases?

Reactions: ROCK ON

YAS1979

Oct 30, 2022
Test completed one year ago (Nov 2021) and BG check and everything else is still in progress.. It seems like it is a long wait.

Do we know of any similar cases which got their BG check completed? What would be the average time for the BG check to be completed for these similar cases?
[/QUOTE

I had completed my test more 11 months ago. Its family application. They requested FP in Mar 2021 for me. Submitted it in May 2021 tgen BG for me completed in June 2021 then opened again May 2022 because FP expired and I resubmitted it again Then BG completed again End of June 2022. Now still waiting Oath. You have no other choice than wait.... Unfortunately

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021

Criminality or security pending ?

baimmeb

Nov 21, 2016
Calgary, AB
online application submitted on July 2021, stuck in Security screening since like March 2022?or since my AOR date in Oct 2021????
anyway, test got completed in June 2022 and its ben 5 months now nothing happened like wtf....