+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test Completed But BACKGROUND CHECK in progress.

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Been looking for reasons as to why a file could be referred for more detailed security screening. Apart from the usual red flags that are taked about on this forum (military/political/government work, country of origin, travel history, race/religion etc), this immigration lawyer suggests the possibility of a "poison pen letter" (to IRCC) from a disgruntled ex/co-worker/neighbour etc that may accuse an applicant of all kinds of things and which could result in a lengthy investigation by security agencies. So apart from the backlog, general inefficiency and waiting on info from other countries, it would seem that there are all kinds of unsuspecting things which may cause perfectly normal and law abiding individuals to be caught up in a needlessly lengthy background check. They should just schedule an interview if they want to ask questions to clarify anything!
what about delay in criminality screening ?

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
what about delay in criminality screening ?
I haven't researched criminality. Have you ever been arrested/charged but not convicted? Did you submit a PCC for all relevant countries? Have you travelled after application? Perhaps you may want to ask your LO to schedule you for fingerprints if they require it. It seems that inexplicable delays could mean anything: inefficiency, file forgotten about, agencies not properly communicating between each other, the current backlog etc.

Reactions: ROCK ON

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
I haven't researched criminality. Have you ever been arrested/charged but not convicted? Did you submit a PCC for all relevant countries? Have you travelled after application? Perhaps you may want to ask your LO to schedule you for fingerprints if they require it. It seems that inexplicable delays could mean anything: inefficiency, file forgotten about, agencies not properly communicating between each other, the current backlog etc.
To answer your question, please look at the points below :-

1) Arrested/Charged - No

2) PCC was not needed in my application as it is clearly mentioned that if 183 days or more continously spent outside Canada after becoming PR in the last 5 years from the date of application, then PCC is required. I went outside Canada for 2 months only to my country of origin to visit family after becoming PR and before applying for citizenship. Also nothing extra is being requested.

3) Don’t know how to contact LO. Webform was submitted but got a generic reply and realized its of no use.

Last edited:

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
To answer your question, please look at the points below :-

1) Arrested/Charged - No

2) PCC was not needed in my application as it is clearly mentioned that if 183 days or more continously spent outside Canada after becoming PR in the last 5 years from the date of application, then PCC is required. I went outside Canada for 2 months only to my country of origin to visit family after becoming PR and before applying for citizenship. Also nothing extra is being requested.

3) Don’t know how to contact LO. Webform was submitted but got a generic reply and realized its of no use.
If yours is the Scarborough office, you can try emailing the test invite email

IRCC.DNCitSCRScheduling-ConvocationSCRCitRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

quote your full name, uci and application number.Be courteous and to the point. Perhaps something like I’m still waiting for my fingerprints request to resolve criminality check, which has been pending for x amount of time. At the very least, your email will go on gcms.

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018

quote your full name, uci and application number.Be courteous and to the point. Perhaps something like I’m still waiting for my fingerprints request to resolve criminality check, which has been pending for x amount of time. At the very least, your email will go on gcms.
I did try to email them to ask for update and I got back an automatic email and it said the email is only for citizenship exam purpose and that's all, no one paid attention to the email.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
I did try to email them to ask for update and I got back an automatic email and it said the email is only for citizenship exam purpose and that's all, no one paid attention to the email.
Don’t know if they respond to update requests. They do respond to document requests etc. Can also try

IRCC.DNSCRCitizenshipe-Apps-DemandesenligneCitoyenneteSCRRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

“This mailbox should ONLY be used to provide requested documentation or to provide a reasonable explanation for not being able to attend an online test, interview or ceremony‎ (with documentary evidence).”

I emailed both these addresses to provide documentation of my return Canada after taking the test outside), and I did get a reply. So if it’s processing related (fingerprints request), they may reply.

Last edited:

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021

I really appreciate your concern. Yes my application is processed by Scarborough. But I want to ask you, if I send an email, will it cause delay to my application ?

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021

Also I never received Test invite email. Only saw the notification on the tracker.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Don’t know just asking.
Well, you already sent a web form so there’s no harm trying to email. To attract their attention, make it very specific ie subject fingerprints request and don’t ask for a general update. Sometimes they will add this correspondence to your gcms.

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Well, you already sent a web form so there’s no harm trying to email. To attract their attention, make it very specific ie subject fingerprints request and don’t ask for a general update. Sometimes they will add this correspondence to your gcms.
Even if fingerprints might not be requested still mentioning it is ok ?