+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test Completed But BACKGROUND CHECK in progress.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
I tried to apply for csis notes for about 35 days now and didn't get any response! Is that normal?
Did you submit a privacy or information act request? They should normally respond within 30 days, and if you haven't received a response, you may try sending an email to the address stated in your request confirmation email.

Reactions: yhome

yhome

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
Did you submit a privacy or information act request? They should normally respond within 30 days, and if you haven't received a response, you may try sending an email to the address stated in your request confirmation email.
Thank you! I submitted under privacy act, is that correct?

alexander_Schwartz

Apr 17, 2014
1 year and nine months for pr card renewal ? Isn't it only 4 months for processing time? You scared me
I think a year and nine months for the renewal is a very long time. The only reason I applied for it is because citizenship applications are taking a long time. Seems that I applied for nothing at this point. IRCC agents say they cannot say why it is taking so long. Just the same…..wait wait wait; if we need anything we’ll let you know

• Sad
Reactions: OTW5074

alexander_Schwartz

Apr 17, 2014
Where is your application stuck at the moment, if you don’t mind sharing ?
For the PR card renewal all they say is that it is in process. They are unable to give any information other than that. If they need more information they will contact me. That is the most frustrating part of both the PR renewal application and citizenship is that no one gives thorough information about what the hold up is even though both of my applications are well over their stated processing times

Reactions: ROCK ON

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
Finally long wait of 8 months is over now.

Updates

Nov 25: Background verification status updated to Completed.

Nov 26: Language Skills, Physical presence and prohibitions updated to completed.

Now wait game starts for Citizenship Ceremony

All the best for everyone else waiting for Background Checks to be completed.
Congratulations, at least someone here is moving to somewhere. 6 months of waiting for me since citizenship exam, hope I will receive something soon.

johnyrose

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
NOC Code......
A
For the PR card renewal all they say is that it is in process. They are unable to give any information other than that. If they need more information they will contact me. That is the most frustrating part of both the PR renewal application and citizenship is that no one gives thorough information about what the hold up is even though both of my applications are well over their stated processing times
If you don't mind me asking - are you protected person in canada or did you obtain PR through refugee status? If you are/did then did you travel to your home country or did you renew your passport?

alexander_Schwartz

Apr 17, 2014
If you don't mind me asking - are you protected person in canada or did you obtain PR through refugee status? If you are/did then did you travel to your home country or did you renew your passport?
No problem at all! No, I did not come to Canada as a refugee or receive any kind of protected status. I came to Canada through obtaining a selection certificate from the government of Québec. This makes it even more puzzling as to why it is taking so long.

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Did you apply for PR card renewal urgent processing ??

johnyrose

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
NOC Code......
A
No problem at all! No, I did not come to Canada as a refugee or receive any kind of protected status. I came to Canada through obtaining a selection certificate from the government of Québec. This makes it even more puzzling as to why it is taking so long.
The reason I asked that I have seen some discussion in this forum relating to people who were protected or received refugee status and then travelled to their home country before obtaining citizenship and got reported by IRCC to CBSA for cessation of their protected status.

I am no expert but I think your case is just simple and somehow fell through the cracks. One suggestion would be ask your MP to look into it - a lot of times people have noticed that application moved after contacting MP but no one is sure if that was the case of the movement.

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
The reason I asked that I have seen some discussion in this forum relating to people who were protected or received refugee status and then travelled to their home country before obtaining citizenship and got reported by IRCC to CBSA for cessation of their protected status.

I am no expert but I think your case is just simple and somehow fell through the cracks. One suggestion would be ask your MP to look into it - a lot of times people have noticed that application moved after contacting MP but no one is sure if that was the case of the movement.
You are right. No one knows how the system works. Just have to go with the flow.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Been looking for reasons as to why a file could be referred for more detailed security screening. Apart from the usual red flags that are taked about on this forum (military/political/government work, country of origin, travel history, race/religion etc), this immigration lawyer suggests the possibility of a "poison pen letter" (to IRCC) from a disgruntled ex/co-worker/neighbour etc that may accuse an applicant of all kinds of things and which could result in a lengthy investigation by security agencies. So apart from the backlog, general inefficiency and waiting on info from other countries, it would seem that there are all kinds of unsuspecting things which may cause perfectly normal and law abiding individuals to be caught up in a needlessly lengthy background check. They should just schedule an interview if they want to ask questions to clarify anything!