+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

temporary worker in Quebec with Closed work Permit, Target is to Get PR asap. join here

imondal

Mar 11, 2020
India
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Need Help. Please share, Any thoughts will be very helpful.

At present, I am in India and was Planing on moving to Canada. I have applied for jobs and received a job offer as a software Data Engineer (NOC 2172) from a company in Montreal and they will process a closed work permit for me. For Now, My Employer applied for LMIA and CAQ.

My CRS score will be around 440 With My Current Qualification and Experience and Hopefully If I write IELTS and Get 8777.

My main target is to get the PR.

Question:
  1. Can I Apply for CSQ immediately after started working, or do I need to wait for 1 Year?
  2. Still, let's say I worked 1 year in Montreal and after that, I decide to relocate to another city outside QB, will my 12-month Canadian experience (in Montreal) be counted on the CES application? After all, I worked in Canada...
  3. A temporarily closed work permit applicant in Quebec applies for the Express Entry? Any Implications?
  4. An LMIA from Quebec can be used for EE applicants to claim points?
    50 points I think. If not, why not?
  5. What are the ways can I get PR quickly? Please please help.
  6. Should I even move to Quebec with this closed work permit?

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

At present, I am in India and was Planing on moving to Canada. I have applied for jobs and received a job offer as a software Data Engineer (NOC 2172) from a company in Montreal and they will process a closed work permit for me. For Now, My Employer applied for LMIA and CAQ.

My CRS score will be around 440 With My Current Qualification and Experience and Hopefully If I write IELTS and Get 8777.

Question:
  1. Can I Apply for CSQ immediately after started working, or do I need to wait for 1 Year?
  2. Still, let's say I worked 1 year in Montreal and after that, I decide to relocate to another city outside QB, will my 12-month Canadian experience (in Montreal) be counted on the CES application? After all, I worked in Canada...
  3. A temporarily closed work permit applicant in Quebec applies for the Express Entry? Any Implications?
  4. An LMIA from Quebec can be used for EE applicants to claim points?
  5. What are the ways can I get PR quickly? Please please help.
  6. Should I even move to Quebec with this closed work permit?
If you are working and living in Quebec, you will need to apply through the Quebec Skilled Worker immigration program. Express Entry requires you to have an intent to live outside of the province of Quebec and IRCC will request hard evidence that you will be relocating (i.e. job outside of Quebec, evidence you have already moved). If you are taking a job in Quebec, you should be focusing on apply for PR through that provinces program.

imondal

Mar 11, 2020
India
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
If you are working and living in Quebec, you will need to apply through the Quebec Skilled Worker immigration program. Express Entry requires you to have an intent to live outside of the province of Quebec and IRCC will request hard evidence that you will be relocating (i.e. job outside of Quebec, evidence you have already moved). If you are taking a job in Quebec, you should be focusing on apply for PR through that provinces program.
Thank you So much for replying to this. A couple of more questions. So I will be moving to Quebec in the month of June and can I apply for the Quebec Skilled Worker immigration program immediately after Joining the Company or Do I need to at least work for 1 year before applying. Also, How much time does it takes to get the PR through Quebec province once who doesn't know French? Please suggest

anurag123sri

Star Member
Feb 11, 2019

Question:
  1. Can I Apply for CSQ immediately after started working, or do I need to wait for 1 Year? You need to wait for 6 months
  2. Still, let's say I worked 1 year in Montreal and after that, I decide to relocate to another city outside QB, will my 12-month Canadian experience (in Montreal) be counted on the CES application? After all, I worked in Canada... Yes
  3. A temporarily closed work permit applicant in Quebec applies for the Express Entry? Any Implications? You need to Apply for QSW program
  4. An LMIA from Quebec can be used for EE applicants to claim points? Yes
  5. What are the ways can I get PR quickly? Please please help. You need to get a VJO (validated job offer from Quebec ministry your chance will be very high to get CSQ)
  6. Should I even move to Quebec with this closed work permit? You can if you can arrange a validated Job offer. It will boost your Arima score by 10 points and high probability of getting CSQ

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you So much for replying to this. A couple of more questions. So I will be moving to Quebec in the month of June and can I apply for the Quebec Skilled Worker immigration program immediately after Joining the Company or Do I need to at least work for 1 year before applying. Also, How much time does it takes to get the PR through Quebec province once who doesn't know French? Please suggest
You are going to need to actually take the time to research the Quebec immigration process yourself. The information you are asking is easily found on the actual website.

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
To obtain the PR through the province of Quebec you will need to work more than one year and obtain the B2 level in french in order to get CSQ(Quebec provincial nominee). After that, you can apply for the PR.

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
@imondal
I was once starry eyed like you when I came to Quebec to work with LMIA work permit in 2016. Its been 4 years and still I havent got my PR.
You are making a huge mistake by coming to work in Quebec on a temporary work permit. Dont do it. Please work in any other province. But not in Quebec.

I do not want to explain it again. Here are my previous discussion on why you should not make the same mistake like I did.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-in-quebec-or-move-to-toronto.662832/#post-8311883

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/quebec-for-non-french-speaking-folks.664144/#post-8314309

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/is-quebec-a-wise-choice-if-you-are-a-high-skilled-immigrant.652728/page-2#post-8155988

imondal

Mar 11, 2020
India
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
@imondal
I was once starry eyed like you when I came to Quebec to work with LMIA work permit in 2016. Its been 4 years and still I havent got my PR.
You are making a huge mistake by coming to work in Quebec on a temporary work permit. Dont do it. Please work in any other province. But not in Quebec.

I do not want to explain it again. Here are my previous discussion on why you should not make the same mistake like I did.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-in-quebec-or-move-to-toronto.662832/#post-8311883

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/quebec-for-non-french-speaking-folks.664144/#post-8314309

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/is-quebec-a-wise-choice-if-you-are-a-high-skilled-immigrant.652728/page-2#post-8155988
@nikhil56
Thank you so much for your reply and for showing the ground reality, Appreciate it . One last question, If I move to Ottawa and work for the same employee from Montreal with permission from my employee, I guess I can apply EE , However my doubt is can I get the 50 Point for Work Experience, Where employer still is in Quebec.

imondal

Mar 11, 2020
India
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
To obtain the PR through the province of Quebec you will need to work more than one year and obtain the B2 level in french in order to get CSQ(Quebec provincial nominee). After that, you can apply for the PR.
Hi Aeya,

Thank you for your reply, Without B2 Level French Knowledge, How Long does it take for PR and can I get the 50 Point for Work Experience, Where employer still is in Quebec and I am applying for Express Entry.

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019

Question:
It is based on a point system which the immigration dept of Quebec says they follows. But so far no evidence of them selecting candidates based on points. Everyone thinks its based on NOC Code and Skin color & French language. Sorry to be blunt, but it seems like that so far with the new Arrima system.
  1. Still, let's say I worked 1 year in Montreal and after that, I decide to relocate to another city outside QB, will my 12-month Canadian experience (in Montreal) be counted on the CES application? After all, I worked in Canada...
Yes it will be counted. This is your best course of action to get a fast PR. Applying thru Quebec will set you back by 2-3 years for your PR.
  1. A temporarily closed work permit applicant in Quebec applies for the Express Entry? Any Implications?
Yes your application have very high chances of being rejected.
  1. An LMIA from Quebec can be used for EE applicants to claim points?
No, because 50 points is for an employer in Quebec. EE applicants should state their intentions for not staying in Quebec when they apply EE from Quebec.
Claming 50 points for an LMIA from an employer in Quebec can backfire this intention for not staying in Quebec.
  1. What are the ways can I get PR quickly? Please please help.
Do not come to work in Quebec period. Apply for Express Entry to any other provinces or use any other immigration system other than Quebec.
Are you not doing your research on how messed up Quebec's immigration is right now ?
  1. Should I even move to Quebec with this closed work permit?
NO, its from my own experience and many others in this forum. Tell your employer Quebec's immigration system is messed up and you are not interested in working in Quebec for this reason. Trust me man, you will be a slave to your employer on closed work permit and you wont be able to change jobs not even ask for a raise. Indentured servitude.

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
@nikhil56
Thank you so much for your reply and for showing the ground reality, Appreciate it . One last question, If I move to Ottawa and work for the same employee from Montreal with permission from my employee, I guess I can apply EE , However my doubt is can I get the 50 Point for Work Experience, Where employer still is in Quebec.
That might work out, your EE will have less chances of rejection as you are residing in Ottawa.
That 50 point thing try claiming it when you are in Ottawa, because you being residing in Ottawa might overshadow the Quebec employer based LMIA 50 points claim.

Here are the some of the experiences of others who have applied Express Entry from Quebec.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/any-temporary-worker-in-quebec-but-applying-for-express-entry-join-here.551767/

A rejection of EE application is not misrepresentation. You can reside in Ottawa and try EE which has less chances of being rejected.

Note:
Currently, Quebec immigration dept is completely messed up for non French speakers. It might improve, but still it wont be faster like Express Entry. If you the appetite for risk and is young, you can try Quebec. But CAQ govt of Quebec is very anti immigrant and they will get a second term too. So take a calculated risk if you want to.

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
Hi Aeya,

Thank you for your reply, Without B2 Level French Knowledge, How Long does it take for PR and can I get the 50 Point for Work Experience, Where employer still is in Quebec and I am applying for Express Entry.
Without the french it is impossible to obtain the CSQ.

imondal

Mar 11, 2020
India
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Without the french it is impossible to obtain the CSQ.
Thank you for your reply, so that means the best way would be to go through Express entry and show proof of intention to move out of Quebec.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you are thinking of doing the same thing you can’t use the job offer from QC yet be applying for express entry out of Quebec.