+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

temporary worker in Quebec with Closed work Permit, Target is to Get PR asap. join here

stnguyenvn

Aug 23, 2020
I'm on the same boats. If I relocate to outside of Quebec but still work remotely for the Montreal based company:
1. Is it legal? (the closed work permit says "not authorized to work in any location other than stated - Montreal").
2. Will I be able to apply for EE CEC? I bring my family along so I guess "evidence" wised we have rental, daycare proof, and possibly my wife can find a job in the new place.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm on the same boats. If I relocate to outside of Quebec but still work remotely for the Montreal based company:
1. Is it legal? (the closed work permit says "not authorized to work in any location other than stated - Montreal").
2. Will I be able to apply for EE CEC? I bring my family along so I guess "evidence" wised we have rental, daycare proof, and possibly my wife can find a job in the new place.
You won’t be able to move due to your closed work permit.

lostinquebec

Feb 8, 2019
1. You can relocate, but you cannot work outside Montreal.
2. You can apply as long as you get an ITA, but it's be up to you to convince the officer with evidence that you will not relocate back to Quebec once you get the PR.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Quite shocked that he actually got approved given that he was working on a Quebec closed work permit while outside of Quebec. It did look like a big fight. Wouldn’t guarantee that another agent will approve and your employer will have to be ok with you moving. If you read the list of what they had to do it was pretty extensive and involved taking out private health insurance and other things.

Reactions: stnguyenvn

Sanjar718

Apr 4, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-08-2021
Hello, can you please help me to understand? So i have a lmia job offer and got closed wp visa, hopefully soon will be in quebec. So once i go their can my employer apply to vjo? And is it easier to get vjo if im already working for the company? Or is vjo and lmia is the same thing?
and after i get vjo, should i just got through regular Arima? Quebec skilled worker program? Im confused. Please help :)

shaktisharma

Dec 31, 2019
Hello, can you please help me to understand? So i have a lmia job offer and got closed wp visa, hopefully soon will be in quebec. So once i go their can my employer apply to vjo? And is it easier to get vjo if im already working for the company? Or is vjo and lmia is the same thing?
and after i get vjo, should i just got through regular Arima? Quebec skilled worker program? Im confused. Please help :)
First of all, Congrats for your job :)
1. VJO and LMIA are totally different things. you can ask your employer for VJO {mine did not provide :( }
2. if you get VJO, it will brighten your chances in ARRIMA_QSW(Quebec skilled worker program) to get CSQ.
3. you can apply this program even without FRENCH knowledge. If you know FRENCH, that will add few points.
4. CSQ might take 6 months to 1.5 years
5. If you get CSQ, then journey from this stage to PR will take approx 18 to 24 months (could be less or more)

CSQ + PR = 1 year + 2 Years = 3 years approx

**EE is always way faster than Quebec Process.

Verdict : without FRENCH and without VJO, veryyyyyyyyy slim chance in CSQ but a VJO can support heavily in your process
Good luck and enjoy this beautiful FRENCH Canadian Place :)

P.S : Above info is duly verified/ provided by a Canadian Attorney who charged me 275 dollars and asked me to leave QUEBEC since i dont have FRENCH and no VJO.

Reactions: Sanjar718

Sarvesh Ahuja

Jan 5, 2021
I have same question here!
I'm on closed WP for 2 years in Quebec. But after watching some threads I don't see smooth process for PR in Quebec.
(Of course no one wants to wait approx. 3 more years for PR)
If I stay in Ontario and WFH for my quebec employer then I'll be having Lease/Sublease transfer on my name in Ontario. And if I convince my employer to send me a letter stated he's fine if I WFH.
Would these enough to convince EE VO and apply in Express Entry CEC(with extra 50 points)?

shaktisharma

Dec 31, 2019
Need Help. Please share, Any thoughts will be very helpful.

At present, I am in India and was Planing on moving to Canada. I have applied for jobs and received a job offer as a software Data Engineer (NOC 2172) from a company in Montreal and they will process a closed work permit for me. For Now, My Employer applied for LMIA and CAQ.

My CRS score will be around 440 With My Current Qualification and Experience and Hopefully If I write IELTS and Get 8777.

My main target is to get the PR.

Question:
  1. Can I Apply for CSQ immediately after started working, or do I need to wait for 1 Year?
  2. Still, let's say I worked 1 year in Montreal and after that, I decide to relocate to another city outside QB, will my 12-month Canadian experience (in Montreal) be counted on the CES application? After all, I worked in Canada...
  3. A temporarily closed work permit applicant in Quebec applies for the Express Entry? Any Implications?
  4. An LMIA from Quebec can be used for EE applicants to claim points?
    50 points I think. If not, why not?
  5. What are the ways can I get PR quickly? Please please help.
  6. Should I even move to Quebec with this closed work permit?
1. Yes , under QSQ Gia Arima
2. Yes
3. No
4. No
5. EE is the fastest n transparent way to get the PR.Quebec PR without French will take ages or no surety
6. You can use one year of quebec experience in Canadian exp class. Then move to other province if feasible .

note; another quebec Program(Pilot program) but will still take at least 3 years
https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/employeurs/embaucher-temporaire/recrutement-haut-salaire/liste-professions/index.html

good luck Pal

Sanjar718

Apr 4, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-08-2021
First of all, Congrats for your job :)
1. VJO and LMIA are totally different things. you can ask your employer for VJO {mine did not provide :( }
2. if you get VJO, it will brighten your chances in ARRIMA_QSW(Quebec skilled worker program) to get CSQ.
3. you can apply this program even without FRENCH knowledge. If you know FRENCH, that will add few points.
4. CSQ might take 6 months to 1.5 years
5. If you get CSQ, then journey from this stage to PR will take approx 18 to 24 months (could be less or more)

CSQ + PR = 1 year + 2 Years = 3 years approx

**EE is always way faster than Quebec Process.

Verdict : without FRENCH and without VJO, veryyyyyyyyy slim chance in CSQ but a VJO can support heavily in your process
Good luck and enjoy this beautiful FRENCH Canadian Place :)

P.S : Above info is duly verified/ provided by a Canadian Attorney who charged me 275 dollars and asked me to leave QUEBEC since i dont have FRENCH and no VJO.
Hello :)
Its been a while :)
I have another question, its almost 2 years since i've moved to quebec and working here under closed work permit. I have already applied to QSW program last year september, but still havent received AOR. Total silence :(. But I've recently got LMIA from new company from Toronto. And now I can claim additional 50 points in CEC express entry. So, do you think i can try to apply there? and if i get ITA do you think my new job offer can be proof that i'm plannig to move out of quebec?

In the end of the day, we all want to get this PR, and to be able to live here in canada, no matter where and how we get PR.
THanks.