VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
sttk said:
Hi all, I like to apply temp work permit from pakistan my consultant told me within 32 working days you will get approval and CIC islamabad i do,t know how much time they will take to issue the visa. Is it right what my consultant said? please inform me how much time CIC islamabad will take assistance will be appreciated THANKS
Consultants are generally NOT reliable, specially from Pakistan. I have heard of so many weird ones that.... I don't think you really need one to suck all your money.

Any way, this is highly subjective. First, you need LMO for a work permit, which these days is taking time. It could be a few months just to get LMO first which your employer will get for you in Canada.

Average work permit processing times that you see on CIC website for Pakistan is like 8-9 months.

Personally i know highly qualified cases which got through in 2-3 months (for work permit), but it is a highly variable process.

Having a very good highly tecnical job with LMO, having applied online with a complete profile would help to get it done faster. Also it matters WHAT time of year you apply. Since study visas have priority so when embassy is stacked with applications for september intake for admissions, work permits are delayed. So either apply very early in the year (first two months) or apply after september - towards year end since embassy is working more efficiently because they have to meet cirteria of having processed a certain number of applications by year end.

For Zizu and Aoune, it just took 2-3 months to get visa. Also another friend of mine just took the same amount of time.

For myself, it roughly took one full year (though i am highly skilled and had a perfectly clear profile / LMO employer details).

However, in my case there were many unfortunate things because application was complex as i had 3 kids to put along in application.
Some form requirements were written INCORRECTLy on CIC website, then my employer's lawyer made a mistake, then embassy made a few and then Temp work permit rules were changed for a while. Finally they had issues with medicals for one of my kids so we had to go through several more iterations.

Still, my case was an exception. If you have a well paid skilled job offered in Canada with strong credentials in Pakistan and apply ONLINE from Pakistan, you have a good chance of getting visa approval in 3 months.

Let me know if you need any help through out the process.

sttk

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
Thanks fkl for your,s valuable information if any help i need i will let you know THANKS AGAIN

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
No problem! Any time.

One important thing to mention, there is no requirement of "available funds" in your account for temp work permit. After all you have a secured job in Canada. That does not mean you do not submit bank statements, but they are there to show your previous incomes in Pakistan in addition to say pay slips, not some enough funds to support you latter.

I know at least 6-7 people including myself, who applied on work permits and got them successfully. All were highly skilled, did not have much money in their accounts.

And i have heard consultants making suggestions like "you need to show 1.5 million PKR in your account. Give us a 100k and we would help show that". Just dont fall for those kinds of traps.

If you need assitance filling the forms, use common sense and ask here for any confusions. It won't cost you a dime other the CIC fees to apply online.

newmanitoban

Apr 28, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 13
Doc's Request.
Jul 14
AOR Received.
Jan 14
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
Feb 14
Med's Request
Sep 14
Med's Done....
Sep 14
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 14
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 14
LANDED..........
March 15
fkl said:
No problem! Any time.

One important thing to mention, there is no requirement of "available funds" in your account for temp work permit. After all you have a secured job in Canada. That does not mean you do not submit bank statements, but they are there to show your previous incomes in Pakistan in addition to say pay slips, not some enough funds to support you latter.

I know at least 6-7 people including myself, who applied on work permits and got them successfully. All were highly skilled, did not have much money in their accounts.

And i have heard consultants making suggestions like "you need to show 1.5 million PKR in your account. Give us a 100k and we would help show that". Just dont fall for those kinds of traps.

If you need assitance filling the forms, use common sense and ask here for any confusions. It won't cost you a dime other the CIC fees to apply online.
Hi‚
Dear fkl

I feel sad to see only high skilled applicants are getting wp.
If some one is in middle of the career. If the NOC is B‚ C OR D‚ than what ?
Kindly suggest if I am 1211.
Should I stop thinking about wp. As PNP are exempt from LMO .
I was personally thinking to apply for a wp.

Kindly reply

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
newmanitoban said:
Hi‚
Dear fkl

I feel sad to see only high skilled applicants are getting wp.
If some one is in middle of the career. If the NOC is B‚ C OR D‚ than what ?
Kindly suggest if I am 1211.
Should I stop thinking about wp. As PNP are exempt from LMO .
I was personally thinking to apply for a wp.

Kindly reply
Hi newmanitoban,

No Problem. I believe you have a few confusions.

First Skilled job means NOC 0, A or B. So these three NOCs are included in skilled category.

Secondly, the requirement of work permit is basically to have a job offer from a canadian employer and LMO. Without that no one can get a work permit, whether skilled or not is not important.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
syeeda246 said:
it was really they dont need show funds?
In case of skilled work permit, yes you don't. Because you already have a job offer and committed annual salary.

I barely had 30 PKR in my account when i submitted my statement and got approved for a family of five - including spouse and kids. Same goes with at least 4-5 other people that i know personally.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
Can anyone help me with spouse OWP. I am in Canada on PGWP and I want to apply for my wife's open work permit. I have some questions regarding work permit form IM1295

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Sure, post your questions here and we would try our level best to answer.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
fkl said:
Sure, post your questions here and we would try our level best to answer.
I am applying for my wife's open work permit. My job falls in noc B category. I have some questions.

a) My wife just finished her Msc in Applied Mathematics in December 2013 which I already mentioned in form IMM1295E under Education clause; and I am confuse about what to write in Employment clause because she doesn't have any prior work experience?

b) When applying online it only show limited attachment section such as open work permit, schedule 1, passport copy, proof of relation and letter of explanation. So, how can I provide my copy of PGWP and employment letter?

c) Can we show scanned copy of our Marriage Certificate as a proof of relation?

d) Since my wife doesn't have any job experience what should we write on letter of explanation?

Thanks in advance for your kind help.

P.S: I shall very much appreciate if some one kindly give me the specimen of letter of explanation

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
alijumani said:
I am applying for my wife's open work permit. My job falls in noc B category. I have some questions.

a) My wife just finished her Msc in Applied Mathematics in December 2013 which I already mentioned in form IMM1295E under Education clause; and I am confuse about what to write in Employment clause because she doesn't have any prior work experience?

b) When applying online it only show limited attachment section such as open work permit, schedule 1, passport copy, proof of relation and letter of explanation. So, how can I provide my copy of PGWP and employment letter?

c) Can we show scanned copy of our Marriage Certificate as a proof of relation?

d) Since my wife doesn't have any job experience what should we write on letter of explanation?

Thanks in advance for your kind help.

P.S: I shall very much appreciate if some one kindly give me the specimen of letter of explanation
a) Write "no experience" and fill the date fields with current month.

b) Add documents in places where they look most appropriate i.e. write a quick summary on a page, about your relationship, LIST what docs are you attaching as proof, and follow this with all of those docs, scan these all as a single PDF.

c) What else do you think is the primary document for proof of relationship? It should be in english. If not, add a notary translation along with the original. If you are recently married and haven't lived together for much time, may be giving more details like wedding card, details of event, perhaps a few picture would help. It is not uncommon for embassy to ask for these in case of a recent marriage just to ensure though i know it sounds a bit awkward and is NEVER needed if you have been married / living together for long / have kids etc.

d) Just write that my husband is there and in a skilled job so i opted to apply for open work permit. There is really nothing needed here as such. She doesn't have to work. I applied on paper (though our whole family application went together as a single package), we have 3 kids and my spouse has no plans to work, neither did i fill any kind of cover letter, just the forms, and added all proofs like marriage certificate, bayforms, birth certificates of children etc. Of course i added my wife's educational degrees as well to show her credentials.

On line application is no different. Just there are categories in which you could add any info needed. Your work permit etc. has to be there. If you are in a skilled job and have a decent job offer and pay stubs to prove that, it is enough. Statement of funds in your account is not needed though, but you can add if you like. More important factor in a statement is regularly transferred salary earned from a skilled job in Canada, rather than available funds / savings here.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
fkl said:
a) Write "no experience" and fill the date fields with current month.

b) Add documents in places where they look most appropriate i.e. write a quick summary on a page, about your relationship, LIST what docs are you attaching as proof, and follow this with all of those docs, scan these all as a single PDF.

c) What else do you think is the primary document for proof of relationship? It should be in english. If not, add a notary translation along with the original. If you are recently married and haven't lived together for much time, may be giving more details like wedding card, details of event, perhaps a few picture would help. It is not uncommon for embassy to ask for these in case of a recent marriage just to ensure though i know it sounds a bit awkward and is NEVER needed if you have been married / living together for long / have kids etc.

d) Just write that my husband is there and in a skilled job so i opted to apply for open work permit. There is really nothing needed here as such. She doesn't have to work. I applied on paper (though our whole family application went together as a single package), we have 3 kids and my spouse has no plans to work, neither did i fill any kind of cover letter, just the forms, and added all proofs like marriage certificate, bayforms, birth certificates of children etc. Of course i added my wife's educational degrees as well to show her credentials.

On line application is no different. Just there are categories in which you could add any info needed. Your work permit etc. has to be there. If you are in a skilled job and have a decent job offer and pay stubs to prove that, it is enough. Statement of funds in your account is not needed though, but you can add if you like. More important factor in a statement is regularly transferred salary earned from a skilled job in Canada, rather than available funds / savings here.
Thank you so much for your detailed reply it fills me with all the necessary information. Today I have filed my wife's OWP but unfortunately I did not provide any strong ties to back home to support her application. As we do not have anything in our name in back home to mention. I just had a Nikah in November then I had to come back to Canada in 15 days. Please advise

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
alijumani said:
Thank you so much for your detailed reply it fills me with all the necessary information. Today I have filed my wife's OWP but unfortunately I did not provide any strong ties to back home to support her application. As we do not have anything in our name in back home to mention. I just had a Nikah in November then I had to come back to Canada in 15 days. Please advise
You are most welcome. Don't worry too much about ties. Very few people have ASSETS back home. Generally speaking if you have had a good job back home and have had a decent income it serves as good ties because you would likely not over stay in Canada illegally.

All the best

newmanitoban

Apr 28, 2013
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 13
Doc's Request.
Jul 14
AOR Received.
Jan 14
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
Feb 14
Med's Request
Sep 14
Med's Done....
Sep 14
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Oct 14
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 14
LANDED..........
March 15
Hello dear fellows,

No one here in this thread, why???

anyhow stay healthy, be happy.

Regards

RizwanAB

Apr 1, 2013
Dear all,

Any person who's filed their application before 9 NOV, 2013 for TWP in CHC ISL, with LMO of following job occupations:
Cooks (NOC 6322)
Food service supervisors (NOC 6311)
Administrative officers (NOC 1221)
Administrative assistants (NOC 1241)
Accounting technicians and bookkeepers (NOC 1311)
Retail sales supervisors (NOC 6211)

My question is, that are the applications of above said occupations are facing delays other than being of B and c skilled categories.........PLZ SHARE YR EXPERIENCE........