+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello Guys, I applied last week for my parents super visa. We have to provide one of the documents mentioned on document checklist for LICO.
I provided employment letter+my bank statement. Income is way more than required by LICO

Today visas got refused based on the eligibility reason that i have not provided documents to prove LICO & specifically CRA NOA.

Don't understand these people. Any one has insight on this please?
Yes, it was necessary to have submitted your NOA instead to prove you meet LICO

fahad007

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
30-04-2015
AOR Received.
11-12-2014
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
11-12-2014
Med's Request
30-04-2015
Med's Done....
15-05-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-05-2015
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2015
Do you mean that document checklist requirement is not correct

salimnw

Sep 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
Ontario PNP
Med's Request
30th April 2014
Med's Done....
5th May 2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
3rd Feb 2015
VISA ISSUED...
13th Feb 2015
LANDED..........
Inland since 2011
Do you mean that document checklist requirement is not correct
You either have to submit your T4 or NOA for that specific year.
Document checklist says so.
Nowhere it is mentioned in the checklist to submit your bank statements instead!

UrmilaBey

Dec 1, 2017
FINALLY & FINALLY
My mother 's super visa got approved today ...BEST DAY EVER

I couldn't locate address for Jalandhar (Punjab) office to submit passport... please advise
M sooooo happy
I am so happy for you!!!! When will she be coming?

Can I ask what did you write for her purpose of visit?

UrmilaBey

Dec 1, 2017
Hi I NEED YOUR HELP!
@Bryanna!!!!
I've been seeing your comments on every thread since I was introduced to this site and just signed up to ask you a question!

I am a full-time Canadian Univeristy student of from Pakistan. My mother has never been to Canada and she is married now and has 5 kids under the age of 12, infact one is born recently. Since I only have osap and scholarships I do not qualify for supervisa.
I am considering 3 options for my mother to visit me for my convocation (if thats a strong reason to visit - please let me know).

1) I can apply alone for her visit visa

2) I can apply for her and her husband's visit visa and 5 kids will remain with their grandparents (letter from grandparents as well for responsibiliyt of young kids)

3) I can apply for my mother alone and the youngest child as the baby needs to be with mother.

Problems- she has never travelled outisde of pakistan, her husband was rejected for eruope visa recently and visited dubai (which I saw from your other replies that dubai does not count as travel history), they rent a house, they both do not have any property, investments or savings. Her husabnd has a stable job but the salary is very low about Canadian $400 per month. She has always been a housewife.

What do you think I should do?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

I am a full-time Canadian Univeristy student of from Pakistan.
I'm assuming you are on a study permit. As you are not a PR/Canadian citizen, it makes you ineligible to apply for a super visa for your mom.

My mother has never been to Canada and she is married now and has 5 kids under the age of 12, infact one is born recently. Since I only have osap and scholarships I do not qualify for supervisa.
I am considering 3 options for my mother to visit me for my convocation (if thats a strong reason to visit - please let me know).

1) I can apply alone for her visit visa

2) I can apply for her and her husband's visit visa and 5 kids will remain with their grandparents (letter from grandparents as well for responsibiliyt of young kids)

3) I can apply for my mother alone and the youngest child as the baby needs to be with mother.

Problems- she has never travelled outisde of pakistan, her husband was rejected for eruope visa recently and visited dubai (which I saw from your other replies that dubai does not count as travel history), they rent a house, they both do not have any property, investments or savings. Her husabnd has a stable job but the salary is very low about Canadian $400 per month. She has always been a housewife.

What do you think I should do?
IMO, Option 3 is the better not the best bet though.

Do not apply for her + her husband + the youngest baby.

1. Why was her husband refused a Europe visa? And which country?

2. What documents do you intend to submit?

3. Is the rent agreement in her name (along with her husband)?

4. Does she have a joint bank account with her husband?

5. Who will take care of the other children when she is away? Are the other children attending school? BTW how long does she intend to visit?

6. Do they live with any other family members?

Cheers

UrmilaBey

Dec 1, 2017
Hi,

I'm assuming you are on a study permit. As you are not a PR/Canadian citizen, it makes you ineligible to apply for a super visa for your mom.

I am a Canadian Citizen but a university student. I only have OSAP and scholarships as income right now. Should I apply for her visit visa for my convocation as for supervisa I dont need the LICO just yet.

IMO, Option 3 is the better not the best bet though.

Would her coming alone (Option 1) be the best option then if she can manage to have her husabnd take care of the kids, all under 12. Or would it seem suspicious or irresponsible?

Do not apply for her + her husband + the youngest baby.

1. Why was her husband refused a Europe visa? And which country?
I never asked him and I doubt that he will tell me. His salary and bank statements must not be good enough as he only earns $400 per month and has no savings or property on his name.

2. What documents do you intend to submit?
I read online on cic that osap can be shown as income but I am not sure if its osap alone AND some paid work.

so my OSAP
Bank statement with $6000 in savings
My house rental agreement
Invitation for convocation
Letter from me for invitation (notarized)
My passport copy
My birth certificate
My and my moms pictures from the time I visited her

From her
Her husband and grandparents letter for taking care of the children
Her passport
Her house rental agreement
Her kids Bayform (family information)
Her marriage certificate

She does not have a bank account, joint bank account, property or joint property
Do you think, from your experinece that she has strong ties with her country (as she will be leaving 5 kids all underage and a husband), enough documents, and good reason of visit?

3. Is the rent agreement in her name (along with her husband)?
Yes

4. Does she have a joint bank account with her husband?
No, but is that better if she is added even if he doesnt have saving.

5. Who will take care of the other children when she is away? Are the other children attending school? BTW how long does she intend to visit?
3 weeks visit. Yes the children attend school however I will apply for her visit to be in summer so the kids are not in school and their dad and grandparents can take care of them (grandparents do not live in the same house but have property of their own)

6. Do they live with any other family members?
Just the mom and dad.

Cheers
Thank alot!!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Would her coming alone (Option 1) be the best option then if she can manage to have her husabnd take care of the kids, all under 12. Or would it seem suspicious or irresponsible?
Visa or not, it would seem rather careless/inhumane to leave a newborn baby without his/her mother for 3 weeks. However, if she intends to apply next summer then the baby would be older/someone else can take care of him/her.

My suggestions:
1. Her TRV application will depend on your financials which unfortunately are not strong at the moment. You must try and save up some more before you apply for her.

2. Do keep her visit to 2-2.5 weeks max. You must draw up a detailed day-by-day itinerary for sightseeing, your convocation, seeing how you live/work, meeting friends/family, etc with expense estimates and prove that you (ideally your mom) can afford it + airfare.

3. Notarizing the invitation letter is not necessary. Do check with the VAC for her country.

4. Her documents would include:
a. Marriage certificate + birth certificates of all her children + any government issued proofs that everyone stay at the same address

b. Rent agreement + 2-3 rent receipts (although this is not a reason to return because her husband earns/pays the rent)

c. Evidence that the school-going children have enrolled for the next academic year (tuition fee receipts, etc)

d. She must focus on her family ties as that's her only strong tie. Do prepare an explanation 'My strong ties: Family (For her immediate family members: Name/Age/Nationality/Relationship/Address + Extended Family (broadly, for example, 'Both my brothers and their families live in the same city + one maternal cousin and her family live in the same city, etc. Names and details are not required)

e. I suggest she must include her name as a joint account holder for the bank account even if the balance is low. Can they save a bit more by next summer?

f. Apart from her kids, can your mom also prove 1-2 other compelling reasons to return home by a specific date with evidence? For example, wedding in the immediate family, or surgery scheduled for one of the grandparents, etc?

g. Now the key advice: Your invitation letter is most critical. I recommend you make the tone of the letter a bit emotional.... you could mention that your mom made several sacrifices to raise you/your siblings (if any) with good values + to ensure you received good education, etc etc.... and how much it would mean to you to have your mom at your convocation, a proud achievement in your life, also to show her how you live and work in Canada, etc etc.... and this little holiday is a token of deep appreciation, gratitude and a gift to your mom from you, etc

Cheers

UrmilaBey

Dec 1, 2017
Hi,

Visa or not, it would seem rather careless/inhumane to leave a newborn baby without his/her mother for 3 weeks. However, if she intends to apply next summer then the baby would be older/someone else can take care of him/her.
Correct

My suggestions:
1. Her TRV application will depend on your financials which unfortunately are not strong at the moment. You must try and save up some more before you apply for her.

Given her situation of not having any assests, would a supervisa be a better option than a visitor visa if I manage to pass the LICO requirenment by the time I am ready to apply.
2. Do keep her visit to 2-2.5 weeks max. You must draw up a detailed day-by-day itinerary for sightseeing, your convocation, seeing how you live/work, meeting friends/family, etc with expense estimates and prove that you (ideally your mom) can afford it + airfare.

3. Notarizing the invitation letter is not necessary. Do check with the VAC for her country.
Whats VAC

a. Marriage certificate + birth certificates of all her children + any government issued proofs that everyone stay at the same address

b. Rent agreement + 2-3 rent receipts (although this is not a reason to return because her husband earns/pays the rent)
I asked her and she says that her name is not on the agreement. Is it okay to miss this step. This means her only evidence for "ties" is her children and husband. Returning to her sick brother can be mentioned as well as she does meet him on weekly basis.

c. Evidence that the school-going children have enrolled for the next academic year (tuition fee receipts, etc)

d. She must focus on her family ties as that's her only strong tie. Do prepare an explanation 'My strong ties: Family (For her immediate family members: Name/Age/Nationality/Relationship/Address + Extended Family (broadly, for example, 'Both my brothers and their families live in the same city + one maternal cousin and her family live in the same city, etc. Names and details are not required)
Got it

e. I suggest she must include her name as a joint account holder for the bank account even if the balance is low. Can they save a bit more by next summer?
I believe so they can save upto $2500 in their account. She would be added now to the account, is that okay?

f. Apart from her kids, can your mom also prove 1-2 other compelling reasons to return home by a specific date with evidence? For example, wedding in the immediate family, or surgery scheduled for one of the grandparents, etc?
Yes, her sick brother. Not a surgery though

g. Now the key advice: Your invitation letter is most critical. I recommend you make the tone of the letter a bit emotional.... you could mention that your mom made several sacrifices to raise you/your siblings (if any) with good values + to ensure you received good education, etc etc.... and how much it would mean to you to have your mom at your convocation, a proud achievement in your life, also to show her how you live and work in Canada, etc etc.... and this little holiday is a token of deep appreciation, gratitude and a gift to your mom from you, etc
Thank you. You input on the situation has really helped me.

Cheers

InstaAl

May 24, 2015
Hi,

My suggestions:

Cheers
Hey Bryanna,
You seem like someone with a lot of experience with visa applications :)

So wanted to pose this question to you.. In the super visa application for my parents they are required to submit a "Purpose of Travel" document - what could be included here?

My parents have also written and notarized a letter explaining what they are travelling for (my wedding/vacation) and that they do not intend to move to Canada permanently. This letter also lists out ties to their home country (property, business etc) and they will attached supporting docs to this letter (deeds, bank statements, income tax returns etc). Would this go under "Purpose of Travel"?

Thanks!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My parents have also written and notarized a letter explaining what they are travelling for (my wedding/vacation) and that they do not intend to move to Canada permanently. This letter also lists out ties to their home country (property, business etc) and they will attached supporting docs to this letter (deeds, bank statements, income tax returns etc). Would this go under "Purpose of Travel"?
Thanks!
Yes, this letter can be the 'Purpose of Visit'.

I would, however, remove the sections for their individual/collective strong ties + their financial situation + host's financial situation + previous travel, etc and instead include these sections in a separate cover letter

ajcanada

Star Member
Oct 13, 2013
Visa Office......
ottawa
Doc's Request.
rcmp 05-05-2014
AOR Received.
07-01-2014
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
31 may 2014
Med's Done....
2 june and got RPRF same day
Interview........
June 18 status changed to medical recieved
Passport Req..
June 19, status changed to decision made JUNE 20
LANDED..........
July 6
H i guys, my parents are here on supervisa. they are here for 2nd time. first time they stayed for 6 months 3 days.(there was no date on passport when they have to leave)) but this time they want to stay more than 6 months. when they came here at airport immigration officer didn't put any expiry date ( date of leave canada)
so my question is do they have to extend their stay ?

i was looking on cic site which says
How does the parent and grandparent super visa differ from a visitor visa?
Currently, most visitors to Canada may visit for up to six months when they first enter Canada. Visitors who wish to stay longer must apply for an extension, and pay a new fee.

With the parent and grandparent super visa, eligible parents and grandparents can visit family in Canada for up to two years without the need to renew their status.

The Super Visa is a multi-entry visa that provides multiple entries for a period up to 10 years. The key difference is that the Super Visa allows an individual to stay for up to two years on initial entry into Canada, while a 10-year multiple entry visa would only have a status period for each entry of six months only.

There are also specific requirements that you must meet to be able to get a super visa. See the IRCC website for who can apply for a grandparent super visa or Who is eligible for a parent and grandparent super visa?

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
If you dig in this forum, you will find that if there is no date stamp upon entry, it is implied that it is 2 years.

hims0912

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Yes, this letter can be the 'Purpose of Visit'.

I would, however, remove the sections for their individual/collective strong ties + their financial situation + host's financial situation + previous travel, etc and instead include these sections in a separate cover letter
Hi Bryanna, I need an advice urgently please and i think you are the best person to ask here who can give a reliable advice.

I hold a canadian PR since Oct, 2016. My mom lives in India and holds a Tourist visa (valid upto 10 years and was issued back in 2014). I have a stable job (earning more than LICO) and want to apply a supervisa for my mom but my dilemma is:
Is it better that she applies in person from India (through VFS office) or can i apply instead online from here?. she got the upfront medicals done last month (Jan 2, 2018 already).
I did check the online application portal on cic and there is one section called "Purpose of travel - Other" , what document do i need to submit in there? a letter from my mother describing the reason of her visit?
And finally one more question please, god forbid if the super visa application gets rejected that doesn't mean she will lose her visit visa as well, correct?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I hold a canadian PR since Oct, 2016. My mom lives in India and holds a Tourist visa (valid upto 10 years and was issued back in 2014). I have a stable job (earning more than LICO) and want to apply a supervisa for my mom but my dilemma is:
Hi,

I would recommend you first check with the visa office about the validity/cancellation of your mom's TRV before applying for a super visa.

Do go through this thread for a similar situation:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/supervisa-for-mom-who-already-has-a-valid-10-yr-trv.542158/

Cheers