+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
It's advisable to apply for her super visa after you are able to submit at least one NOA (in addition to your bank statement, employment letter, financial investments, etc).

Proof of funds: Your mom's finances

Proof of financial support: Your finances
Is NOA an absolute must? I would like my mom to move immediately as she is dependent on us. So thats why I don't want to wait for NOA. On the financial part - its not an issue ( I can show a good amount in my bank account and in her bank account as well). Let me know.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Is NOA an absolute must? I would like my mom to move immediately as she is dependent on us. So thats why I don't want to wait for NOA. On the financial part - its not an issue ( I can show a good amount in my bank account and in her bank account as well). Let me know.
We have seen refusals for this reason i.e. not able to prove the hosts' finances because at least one NOA was not submitted. Normally, three recent NOAs are needed even for super visa applications.

If you'd still like to go ahead then do make sure you prove that you have stable bank balance (not transferred recently because of the visa application) + your employment letter + other financial investments + pay stubs, etc. It's a risk you'll be taking.

Or, else apply for a TRV

Reactions: Jaywalker

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The fact that your mother is just a visitor and can't live permanently in Canada will keep coming up.

Reactions: Jaywalker

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Dear Bryanna, I am Nam and my story is for you and I think I have the worst luck out of all the people here. My biggest regret in my life is not having my granny here to see my home and my children.

We have been trying to get our grandmother here for the longest time and failed miserbly.

Initially, about 15 years ago my mother applied for a PR application and it was rejected due to not meeting the LICO. It was our fault as we never updated cic about my father's death and change of family size for my mother being only 2 members including my grandmother. Past is past.

Since, than we applied on 3 occasions for visitor visas are were refused.

All the refusal information goes back to "no travel history", "strong family ties in Canada and weak ties and establishment in India", "also the fact that we applied for PR and was refused".

Now, my grandmother 80 years old and since her refusal for PR many years ago, a lot has changed. She does not wish to live in Canada, as she counts her time down to her departure from earth. But she still wants to see Canada and see our livelihood here. We are aiming for a visitor visa for this July, 2018 when our new nephew is coming.

So, thank you for reading up until here....

Now, My question for you Bryanna,: What can I do to show that she is not going to stay here.
1. I was planning to add all her step-children names in her application. We have never done that before, I do not know why. Do you think I should do that now? Because her only child from her first spouse is my mother, and she is here along with 3 children (my brother and my sister) and 5 grandchildren.
2. I was also going to literally write a separate letter titled:"Family Ties and reason to return" Trying to convince the visa officer, why my grandmother is not planning to stay in Canada. Which includes her religious ties, her ageing, her common-law-partner and her step-children and more...her house, Canadian weather.
3. Do you think I should possibly minimise the her stay here to 1 month instead of 6 months? Should it be 2 weeks? I plan on writing a clear schedule for her stay here as well.
5. Do you think I should buy her air tickets?

Many thanks for your time and your kindness.
Hi Nam, Could you please share more information about your situation?? I am in same boat, I am sponsoring my mom and her child (2 in total). My father passed away in 2018 in my country ( he was accompanying dependant in 2016,2017,2018). If I sponsor my mon and her child this year 2019, do I have to count him as accompanying dependant for years past??? I need your advice pls help me.

Kindness101

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
Canada
App. Filed.......
June 24,15
AOR Received.
Aug 28,15
File Transfer...
AIP - November 15, 2016
Med's Request
PCC request Jan 9th, 17
Med's Done....
June 24, 15 and December, 2017
Interview........
None
LANDED..........
April 9, 2018
Hi Nam, Could you please share more information about your situation?? I am in same boat, I am sponsoring my mom and her child (2 in total). My father passed away in 2018 in my country ( he was accompanying dependant in 2016,2017,2018). If I sponsor my mon and her child this year 2019, do I have to count him as accompanying dependant for years past???
I need your advice pls help me.
You are saying "sponsoring", do you mean parent grandparent sponsorship or supervisa? Either way, I think if your father is deceased he is not required to be a dependent in any of the years you will be showing Low Income Cut Off. It is helpful to add a small explanation and add his death certificate.

For all the years you applied for visa or PR sponsorship, whichever you applied for, you must explain why they were denied. Immigration gives you grounds on which the application was denied, explain each one of the them. If things have changed or improved add them all. But be concise, clear and not too emotional. Add the actual refusal letter(s).

Since your application has been denied before, it is important that your application has a strong case. Strong reasons to visit, strong reasons to leave.

I hope this help.

rai786

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
hi bryanna i hope you doing well
my dad visitor visa was refused three times and third time was last month this year. so i think my dad has better chance to get supervisa that visitor visa. the problem is my dad was deported from usa like 10 years ago and also my brother ans sister are here with me on study permit so it really hard to prove strong tis to their home country. their reason for every refusals was family ties ,travel history , financial . so please help me out with this.
thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hi bryanna i hope you doing well
my dad visitor visa was refused three times and third time was last month this year. so i think my dad has better chance to get supervisa that visitor visa. the problem is my dad was deported from usa like 10 years ago and also my brother ans sister are here with me on study permit so it really hard to prove strong tis to their home country. their reason for every refusals was family ties ,travel history , financial . so please help me out with this.
thanks.
Your father will still have to prove strong ties for a super visa to be approved. His profile is complicated give his children are in Canada and the US deportation.

Does he have properties / significant assets in his home country?

rai786

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
yes my father has around $100000 worth of properties including house and some other properties small income coming from business.

Ruby007

Jan 9, 2020
Hello Bryanna and other experienced people in the house.

My dad currently holdS a 4 year TRV approved in 2018.
He visited me from May,2019 till Dec, 2019 (i applied for an extension).
He is coming back in February 2020 for say another 6 months.
I know that i will most likely need to apply for an extension so i am looking at applying for the Super visa option instead and hopefully have it approved before July so i wont need the extension.

My questions are:
1. can i apply for him from Canada?

2. His ties back home are his monthly pension and his own property but my husband and i would like to sponsor the whole process. Will he still need to show bank statements or something to show his finances?

3. i am employed but currently on maternity so i am only getting EI but my hubby's income is way above the LICO. Do i still have to show proof of how much i earn if i wasn't on maternity or can my hubby just solely sponsor the application by showing his NOA for LICO, while i just provide my birth certificate to show his relationship to my dad as son-in-law?

Please advice and thank you very much for your time.

BALKAR089

Jan 19, 2020
Hi,

I would recommend you first check with the visa office about the validity/cancellation of your mom's TRV before applying for a super visa.

Do go through this thread for a similar situation:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/supervisa-for-mom-who-already-has-a-valid-10-yr-trv.542158/

Cheers
hi BRYANNA,

Can you help me with the client information . what is the structure of this while we upload the data on Supervisa file?

Thanks in advance!

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hello Bryanna and other experienced people in the house.

My dad currently holdS a 4 year TRV approved in 2018.
He visited me from May,2019 till Dec, 2019 (i applied for an extension).
He is coming back in February 2020 for say another 6 months.
I know that i will most likely need to apply for an extension so i am looking at applying for the Super visa option instead and hopefully have it approved before July so i wont need the extension.

My questions are:
1. can i apply for him from Canada?

2. His ties back home are his monthly pension and his own property but my husband and i would like to sponsor the whole process. Will he still need to show bank statements or something to show his finances?

3. i am employed but currently on maternity so i am only getting EI but my hubby's income is way above the LICO. Do i still have to show proof of how much i earn if i wasn't on maternity or can my hubby just solely sponsor the application by showing his NOA for LICO, while i just provide my birth certificate to show his relationship to my dad as son-in-law?

Please advice and thank you very much for your time.
1- No, Supervisa must be applied from outside Canada
2-TRV, the applicant shows ties , Supervisa is where the sponsors(you), show support
One thing is that on TRV, he should really be spending more time in his home country versus Canada . Here eight months , leaves for two, coming back very soon after leaving , planning on more than six months, and more than likely looking for an extension. TRV are for visiting , not living here

Teenz

Star Member
May 14, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28 September 2019
File Transfer...
24 October 2019
Hello everyone. My parents applied for supervisa with upfront medical. My dad received his visa, but my mom got a letter for new medical exam. When we contacted the hospital, the staff said everything looks fine from their side and there are no additional test requests. I have 2 querries:

1. My mom underwent her medical exam again yesterday. In how many days approximately will her visa get approved?
2. Can my dad land in Canada before my mom?

Your reply would be of great help. Thanks

Teenz

Star Member
May 14, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28 September 2019
File Transfer...
24 October 2019
Hello everyone. My parents applied for supervisa with upfront medical. My dad received his visa, but my mom got a letter for new medical exam. When we contacted the hospital, the staff said everything looks fine from their side and there are no additional test requests. I have 2 querries:

1. My mom underwent her medical exam again yesterday. In how many days approximately will her visa get approved?
2. Can my dad land in Canada before my mom?

Your reply would be of great help. Thanks
@Bryanna @Copingwithlife

DR.GULRASOOL

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
I just have one query my father in law will be the main applicant for the supervisa and mother in law is financially dependent on him. Their daughter is a PR holder.
I want to ask is it feasible if only my mother in law will travel alone if the visa is issued as my father in law has no intentions of travelling, but he is the primary applicant?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I just have one query my father in law will be the main applicant for the supervisa and mother in law is financially dependent on him. Their daughter is a PR holder.
I want to ask is it feasible if only my mother in law will travel alone if the visa is issued as my father in law has no intentions of travelling, but he is the primary applicant?
why doesn’t the mother apply for a supervisa alone if the father has no plans to come to Canada?