+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa please advise

green222

Jul 16, 2017
Dear All,

RE: Supervisa Application

I wanted to apply supervisa for my mother who is in India. I'm new to this process and collecting all the paperwork which we need to submit along with visa application. I'm unclear on below points, please someone can advise if you know on below:

1) My mother is 70year plus and she doesnot know the Date of birth of her parents as its long time back and she has no records of her parents Date of birth. When we have to fill the family information form, we need to fill her parents Date of birth there. What shall we fill there.? I mean what is acceptable by visa offer in this kind of situation?

2) is CA statement important as a supportive document to add in the file?

3) Do we need PCC (police clearance certificate ) for Supervisa?

4) We are renting the accommodation we live in and NO formal agreement between us and landlord. We are paying monthly rent, its NOT basement. Do we need to add the paperwork of accommodation/ lease of agreement etc. of this rented accommodation as a supportive document?

5) Letter of invitation is only for Visa offer or it could be semi formal.? I mean can we address it to the person we are inviting and can also mention normal wording as we write in an email etc regarding the visit.?

Kindly advise. thank a lot for your time and attention on this post.

Regards.

BHAV

Aug 1, 2014
Dear All,

RE: Supervisa Application

I wanted to apply supervisa for my mother who is in India. I'm new to this process and collecting all the paperwork which we need to submit along with visa application. I'm unclear on below points, please someone can advise if you know on below:

1) My mother is 70year plus and she doesnot know the Date of birth of her parents as its long time back and she has no records of her parents Date of birth. When we have to fill the family information form, we need to fill her parents Date of birth there. What shall we fill there.? I mean what is acceptable by visa offer in this kind of situation?

2) is CA statement important as a supportive document to add in the file?

3) Do we need PCC (police clearance certificate ) for Supervisa?

4) We are renting the accommodation we live in and NO formal agreement between us and landlord. We are paying monthly rent, its NOT basement. Do we need to add the paperwork of accommodation/ lease of agreement etc. of this rented accommodation as a supportive document?

5) Letter of invitation is only for Visa offer or it could be semi formal.? I mean can we address it to the person we are inviting and can also mention normal wording as we write in an email etc regarding the visit.?

Kindly advise. thank a lot for your time and attention on this post.

Regards.[/QUOTE}
If her parents are deceased just mention deceased .No need for date of birth.
CA statement is not required.If she is a pensioner add pension order copy and property ownership documents.and 6 months bank statement showing regular income in India
PCC is not required for supervisa
your rent deed is not required.
Letter of invitation addressed to visa officer giving her passport details,relationship.period of stay and your LICO income and current status, and undertake to bear expenses for her stay etc.

green222

Jul 16, 2017
Dear All
RE: Supervisa for parents, please can someone advise on the below:

1) My paperwork which I have to send from Canada as such - Notice of Assessment, T4, Pay Stubs etc as I will send the Photo copies Not originals, so these photocopies need to be Notarized ..? to submit to visa office.

2) Invitation Letter need to be Notarized ..?

Please advise it will be really big help, thank you so much.

Regards.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1) My paperwork which I have to send from Canada as such - Notice of Assessment, T4, Pay Stubs etc as I will send the Photo copies Not originals, so these photocopies need to be Notarized ..?
Notarization is not required.

to submit to visa office.
To the visa office that handles super visa applications for your parents' country/territory.

2) Invitation Letter need to be Notarized ..?
Generally, not required

IUser

Jan 7, 2015
Hi Bryanna,

Can you please help me with this situation:
I'm holding PR, currently on Mat leave residing in India and getting EI. Baby is born on April, have not applied for his passport yet. My dad passed away recently and I have only Step-mom. My step-mom's details have been declared in my Family information form while applying for PR. Also indicated that my mom is deceased.
1. Can I apply super visa for my step-mom?
2. If no, then for her TRV what are the documents(both financially and to prove relationship) I should provide? She has a property and rental income.

Please advise.

Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

1. Unfortunately, no. You cannot apply for a super visa for your step-mom because it is only for parents/grandparents + proof of relationship (birth certificate, baptismal certificate, or a similar proof) is required.

2. Property and rental income are good economic ties. She must provide property ownership documents + current market valuation (either estimated by herself or by a CA) + latest property tax receipts + excerpts of realty reports to support the indicative market valuation + rent agreement + 2-3 latest rent receipts + bank statements to confirm regular rent deposits.

However, in addition to these ties, she must be able to prove that she has reasons to return to India because property/rental income do not necessitate her return by a specific date.

Does she have any dependent family members who live with her?
Is she employed or has a business?
Can she prove she must return by XX date?

Do keep her visit to 3-4 weeks max. Also, do include an overseas travel medical insurance policy although it is not mandatory

IUser

Jan 7, 2015
Thanks for your insight!

Please see my answers below:

Does she have any dependent family members who live with her? - She has mom, but then she lives separately in a different house.
Is she employed or has a business? - She is unemployed, no Business
Can she prove she must return by XX date? - What kind of reason I can provide to prove this, please advise.

Many Thanks

IUser

Jan 7, 2015
excerpts of realty reports to support the indicative market valuation
- How to get this? From Property registration document?

Also, is it enough to show insurance for the duration of visit like 3 or 4 weeks? Will travel agencies provide this?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Does she have any dependent family members who live with her? - She has mom, but then she lives separately in a different house.
She can prove her mom is a dependent if she supports her financially and/or pays for her mom's medical expenses, house rent, utility bills, etc

Can she prove she must return by XX date? - What kind of reason I can provide to prove this, please advise.
For example, a wedding in her immediate family or if her mom has to undergo medical treatment/surgery that's scheduled after your step-mom returns or to renew the rent contract/home renovations, etc

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
- How to get this? From Property registration document?
No. You can look up property realty portals like MagicBricks, 99acres.com, etc.

Or if you can access Citibank/Cushman & Weikfield/Knight Frank realty reports for indicative market rates for the area/location where your step-mom's property is. These would be indicative market rates (not an actual valuation).

Also, is it enough to show insurance for the duration of visit like 3 or 4 weeks? Will travel agencies provide this?
Not from travel agents.

You can contact travel insurance companies to buy a refundable/date change allowed overseas travel medical policy for the intended dates of her visit.

Or you can do a comparison on policybazaar.com

green222

Jul 16, 2017
Dear Bryanna

Thank you so much for your informative reply on my last post. your help is much appreciated.
I have two more question on i'm not clear, please can you help.

1. (I already asked this question and someone replied, however i would like to have your opinion as well.)
My mother is 70year plus and she doesnot know the Date of birth of her parents as its long time back and she has no records of her parents Date of birth. When we have to fill the family information form, we need to fill her parents Date of birth there. What shall we fill there.? I mean what is acceptable by visa offer in this kind of situation? I did try to fill the form and into digit column for Date of birth it doesn't accept the letters to type deceased or Unknown. Can we fill * (star) as on the guide in Personal details for Q4 some information is given but im not sure can it be followed for parent and siblings as well. Please please can you check and advise on this.

2) Re: Photocopies of passport (my and my husband) do we need to provide all the pages where we have visa sticker/stamp for our past visas of other countries and travelling stamps.?

Thank you so much for your help.

Regards.

IUser

Jan 7, 2015
Thanks you so much for your reply! Appreciate it!

I have some more questions, please kindly assist

She can prove her mom is a dependent if she supports her financially and/or pays for her mom's medical expenses, house rent, utility bills, etc
She supports her mom on medical expenses, utility bills, clothes, etc by giving her cash. How this can be proved to visa officer. Can she explain this in the form of a letter?

For example, a wedding in her immediate family or if her mom has to undergo medical treatment/surgery that's scheduled after your step-mom returns or to renew the rent contract/home renovations, etc
Her neighbor's wedding is to take place in couple of months, Is this a good reason?
For home renovations and intention to construct a building on her land, what kind of documents she can show?

You can contact travel insurance companies to buy a refundable/date change allowed overseas travel medical policy for the intended dates of her visit.
Like Super visa, should I buy this from a Canadian insurance company?

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
green222, I never sent/uploaded online my passport, what I uploaded, IMM forms, medical insurance, my noa and husband's noa, itinerary, invitation letter and promise of financial support (attached to this are my certificate of citizenship, husband's birth certificate-he is Canadian by birth, my daughter's birth certificate, she is also Canadian by birth), my birth certificate and my mom's birth certificate as the proof or relationship.

You may want to attach your PR card photocopy to the invitation letter.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My mother is 70year plus and she doesnot know the Date of birth of her parents as its long time back and she has no records of her parents Date of birth. When we have to fill the family information form, we need to fill her parents Date of birth there. What shall we fill there.? I mean what is acceptable by visa offer in this kind of situation? I did try to fill the form and into digit column for Date of birth it doesn't accept the letters to type deceased or Unknown. Can we fill * (star) as on the guide in Personal details for Q4 some information is given but im not sure can it be followed for parent and siblings as well. Please please can you check and advise on this.
She must put an '*' (asterisk/star sign) for the unknown date/month/year. And, state 'Deceased' for the address