+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa please advise

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
She supports her mom on medical expenses, utility bills, clothes, etc by giving her cash. How this can be proved to visa officer. Can she explain this in the form of a letter?
Evidence of payments and bank transfers from your step-mom's bank account.

Her neighbor's wedding is to take place in couple of months, Is this a good reason?
It could be a reason if supported by evidence (wedding invitations, for example). Do include a statement in the cover letter that the neighbor and your step-mom have known each other since XX years.

However, in addition to this reason, you'll need to think of some other more convincing event to return to.

For home renovations and intention to construct a building on her land, what kind of documents she can show?
Government approvals, land ownership documents, land valuation, building plans, etc. Documents which are not in English must be translated into English by a certified translator.

Like Super visa, should I buy this from a Canadian insurance company?
Either from a Canadian insurance company or from India. It's your choice. The policy must be valid for the dates of her intended visit including the intended travel dates

IUser

Jan 7, 2015
Hi Bryanna,

Thanks very much for your clarification! I've got some ideas now, was able to list down the documents required. Please review and advise if it looks convincing.

Economic Ties:
1. Property ownership
2. Rental Income
3. She also has FD of around 8,00,000INR. Is this amount sufficient or they would expect more?
Please let me know if she needs to show some more economic ties

Reason to Return:
1. Dependent mom to support financially
2. Neighbor's wedding
3. Contract Renewal and Home renovation
She also has a car on her name and ongoing loan attached to it, can this be shown under "Reason to Return"?
Please let me know if some more reasons required

Proof of relationship:
1. My birth certificate and my Passport that has my Dad's name
2. Mom's death certificate
3. Dad and Step-mom's marriage certificate.
Is this sufficient?

Purpose of visit:
I actually want to take her with me when I'm returning to Canada along with my baby. She would be helpful in looking after the baby+she will feel lonely if I leave her behind given that my dad just recently passed away. She wont stay too long, will return after couple of months.
However, I need to give them a proper reason for her visit. Please let me know which of the 2 options below seems convincing?

1. Should I apply her visa and my baby's visa together and tell them that they both wants to visit me and stay with me for 3 weeks to celebrate Christmas.
OR
2. Should I apply step-mom's first with the same reason(celebrate Christmas) and then my baby or vise versa

Many Thanks!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

1. Property ownership
Do include the documents which I had suggested for her property + valuation. Any references to the property value must state both the purchase price + indicative market value.

All financial details throughout the application (not just for the property) must be in XXXX INR/XXX CAD

2. Rental Income
Rent agreement + 2-3 months' rent receipts + 6 months' bank statements (highlight the rent payments)

3. She also has FD of around 8,00,000INR. Is this amount sufficient or they would expect more?
Copy of the FD + FD interest certificate + letter from the bank stating the FD is not mortgaged/no loans taken against it and can be liquidated if required.

She can also include any other financial investments: RDs, mutual funds, shares/stocks, jewelry (valuation by a certified jeweler like maybe Tanishq if it does valuations nowadays), LIC, insurance policies, PPF, etc. Do state which are locked-in and which investments are available as available funds for her visit.

1. Dependent mom to support financially
2. Neighbor's wedding
3. Contract Renewal and Home renovation
Do include evidence for all these reasons

She also has a car on her name and ongoing loan attached to it, can this be shown under "Reason to Return"?
Yes, it can be shown as a reason to return. Do include a loan repayment statement + highlight the bank transactions for repayment

Proof of relationship:
1. My birth certificate and my Passport that has my Dad's name
2. Mom's death certificate
3. Dad and Step-mom's marriage certificate.
Is this sufficient?
That's sufficient

I actually want to take her with me when I'm returning to Canada along with my baby. She would be helpful in looking after the baby+she will feel lonely if I leave her behind given that my dad just recently passed away.
This is a big no-no. Don't mention the purpose of her visit as wanting to take care of your baby (this could be considered as working illegally on a TRV)..... and/or she will feel lonely if she is left behind in India (this could indicate she may overstay her visit).

She wont stay too long, will return after couple of months.
Do keep her visit to 3-4 weeks max. Two months is too long.

You can prepare a day-by-day itinerary like a typical tourist for sightseeing, etc with expense estimates.... and she must prove she can afford the visit without you paying for it. Your invitation letter though can state that you will provide accommodation/take care of her travel and living expenses during her visit

1. Should I apply her visa and my baby's visa together and tell them that they both wants to visit me and stay with me for 3 weeks to celebrate Christmas.
No. Don't apply together. BTW your baby's application could take a bit longer than regular processing time as he may have to undergo medicals.

1. When is the rent contract scheduled for renewal? Or the neighbor's wedding?

2. Has your step-mom inherited any property or assets from your dad? Or is she the nominee for his financial investments, bank accounts, etc? If yes, has this process of transferring the assets/property to her been completed?

3. Did your dad earn pension and on his demise, is your step-mom entitled to this pension? If yes, when is pension (Life Certificate) due?

4. Does your step-mom have any siblings who also take care of her mom?

5. Has she traveled to countries like the US/UK/Schengen/Australia, etc?

6. Does she have adequate bank balance (without borrowing from anyone) for her visit + surplus funds? Typically CAD 1,000 per week of visit + airfare

7. Does she have credit cards (not debit cards)?

Cheers

green222

Jul 16, 2017
Dear Bryanna
Thank you so much for your information. its really helpful for me to complete the application. your help is really appreciated.
Regards,

Also Dear Pie_Vancouver -Thank you so much for your information, appreciated its really helpful. Regards.

IUser

Jan 7, 2015
Rent agreement + 2-3 months' rent receipts + 6 months' bank statements (highlight the rent payments)
Regarding 6 months Bank statements, I want to apply her visa during December this year. So far, her rent payments was done only cash and paperless. Her current balance reflects just my dad's LIC amount(8,00,000 INR which she will be switching it to her FD) as she was his nominee. Going forward I've asked her to make rent payments as direct bank deposits which would be from August. Therefore, from Aug-Dec she would only have 5 months bank statements to highlight this. Is that okay?

She can also include any other financial investments: RDs, mutual funds, shares/stocks,
There are shares under my dad's name, can we change it to my step-mom's name and show this as one of her financial investments?

1. When is the rent contract scheduled for renewal? Or the neighbor's wedding?

- Rent contract renewal will be in Feb 2018, Neighbor wedding is on March 2018.
There is another wedding(My Mom's younger sister's daughter marriage) planned on January 2018. Can this be shown by explaining their relationship and how long they've known each other in the cover letter? Any other evidence required other than wedding invitation?

2. Has your step-mom inherited any property or assets from your dad? Or is she the nominee for his financial investments, bank accounts, etc? If yes, has this process of transferring the assets/property to her been completed?

- Both of us are inheriting my dad's property and we are planning to change it as joint ownership under our names. The process has not started yet. Will this affect her financial ties?
Additionally, like I mentioned earlier she is a nominee for my dad's LIC which was already transferred to her account.

3. Did your dad earn pension and on his demise, is your step-mom entitled to this pension? If yes, when is pension (Life Certificate) due?

- No pension as he was running a Business.

4. Does your step-mom have any siblings who also take care of her mom?

- No, she is only daughter

5. Has she traveled to countries like the US/UK/Schengen/Australia, etc?

- She has traveled to Sri Lanka and Malaysia for tourism. Both trips are 4-5 days max.

6. Does she have adequate bank balance (without borrowing from anyone) for her visit + surplus funds? Typically CAD 1,000 per week of visit + airfare

- Her visit is for 3 weeks and so she needs 3000 CAD/155000 INR. Her bank balance would roughly reflect around 7700 CAD/ 400000 INR. In addition to this, she will have available funds through FD and shares. Does it look convincing?

7. Does she have credit cards (not debit cards)?

- No

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Regarding 6 months Bank statements, I want to apply her visa during December this year. So far, her rent payments was done only cash and paperless.
Going forward I've asked her to make rent payments as direct bank deposits which would be from August. Therefore, from Aug-Dec she would only have 5 months bank statements to highlight this. Is that okay?
Perfect.

Her current balance reflects just my dad's LIC amount(8,00,000 INR which she will be switching it to her FD) as she was his nominee.
Can she prove she has sufficient liquid funds for her visit without this INR 8,00,000? If it's not the case then I suggest she must wait until she applies/gets a decision before transferring the LIC amount to an FD

There are shares under my dad's name, can we change it to my step-mom's name and show this as one of her financial investments?
It can be transferred to your step-mom's name if she is the nominee. It can then be shown as one of her financial investments by stating the value to those shares at the time of applying (with evidence for the share value) + it can be disposed off anytime = can be made available as liquid funds, if required

There is another wedding(My Mom's younger sister's daughter marriage) planned on January 2018. Can this be shown by explaining their relationship and how long they've known each other in the cover letter? Any other evidence required other than wedding invitation?
Yes, that's a reason to return. You can include any other evidence of the wedding bookings.

She has traveled to Sri Lanka and Malaysia for tourism. Both trips are 4-5 days max.
Unfortunately, it won't help

Her visit is for 3 weeks and so she needs 3000 CAD/155000 INR. Her bank balance would roughly reflect around 7700 CAD/ 400000 INR. In addition to this, she will have available funds through FD and shares. Does it look convincing?
That's good. It would be CAD 3,000 + airfare + surplus funds.

If the rental income can be added by then it's even better + any other income/finances

One suggestion:
Maybe you should invite your step-mom after you move back to Canada i.e. 1-2 months after that. Else it could seem like she is moving back with you = long-term visitor to take care of your baby

Israa

Jul 31, 2017
Does anyone have knowledge of whether they look into your gross income (self employed) or net income to meet the requirements?

IUser

Jan 7, 2015
Hi Bryanna,

Truly appreciate your quick response and assistance!

I forgot to mention this, I've already applied for her visitor visa twice back in 2013 and got rejected. Reason stated was personal assets and Financial status, travel history, employment situation and they were not convinced that she would return home country by end of her visit.

Now I feel the situation have been improved except for Travel history and Employment situation(unemployed but gets income through rent). Will this cause any negative result again?

One suggestion:
Maybe you should invite your step-mom after you move back to Canada i.e. 1-2 months after that. Else it could seem like she is moving back with you = long-term visitor to take care of your baby
I agree, but what if I apply my step-mom's first and baby later This way they wouldn't think about taking care of baby as main reason. Please advise?

It would be really nice if she gets visa before I travel. Are there any other options(listed below) available for this case:
1. Go for tourist visa instead of visitor visa?
2. Ask my other friends in Canada to invite her? If this works, then what can be provided for proof of relationship?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
agree, but what if I apply my step-mom's first and baby later This way they wouldn't think about taking care of baby as main reason. Please advise?
IMO, you must apply first for your baby.... then move back to Canada.... wait for a couple of months before applying for your step-mom.

. Go for tourist visa instead of visitor visa?
2. Ask my other friends in Canada to invite her? If this works, then what can be provided for proof of relationship?
I would not go for either of these options: It would seem unusual/not convincing i.e. she wants to meet your friends when you're in India (you're her immediate family member)

As your dad has passed away, her family ties to India will be lesser than those to Canada. That's why her paperwork must be prepared really well

IUser

Jan 7, 2015
IMO, you must apply first for your baby.... then move back to Canada.... wait for a couple of months before applying for your step-mom
Ok, I will apply for baby first. Can I apply visitor visa first, take the baby to Canada and later do the sponsorship?

IUser

Jan 7, 2015
Yes, you can
Hi Bryanna,
I'm writing you again as I'm preparing to apply visit visa for my 9 month baby. I'm extremely sorry to post this question in this thread, I thought you will get a clear picture of my situation as I've explained my background to you earlier in this thread quite in detail

My husband will be inviting my baby and I will be financially supporting my baby for his visit. I have a Canadian bank account and can provide 6 month bank statements. I will be travelling along with the baby. Duration of visit would be 3 weeks and reason is family reunion(its been 8 months me and my baby are away from my husband) and sight seeing. We will sponsor him after we get this visa.

I used "check your eligibility" tool to get the checklist and this is how it looked like:
1. Birth Certificate
2. Passport
3. Invitation Letter
4. Proof of Financial Resource of Supporter
5. Proof of Means of Financial Support
6. Digital Photo
7. Purpose of Travel - Other
8. Family Information
9. Proof of Relationship

I'm clear with checklist item 1,2,6 and 8. Would you please kindly help me understand the below:
3. Invitation Letter - Can you please share any sample letter as I need to make sure I cover all key points in this letter? Atleast that will give me an idea on how to format the letter
4. Proof of Financial Resource of Supporter - Given that I'm the resource of financial support, is it enough to show just my bank statements? It has also mentioned proof of canadian bank account - which document can support this? Any other documents to be provided under this section, please advise?
5. Proof of Means of Financial Support - Is this the same as above? If not, what kind of documents do I need to submit?
7. Purpose of Travel - Does this mean travel planner for 3 weeks? what else can support this?
9. Proof of Relationship - I can submit a copy of my baby's Passport and Birth Certificate that has his dad's name. Is this sufficient?

Apart from this, do I need to provide any other proof like
- home & host ties,
- evidences that he will return back by the end of his visit, etc. Please let me know.

As both me and my husband are PR, we want to make sure the documentation is strong enough to support his case to avoid any rejection. Your help is truly valuable. Please kindly respond

Many Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
3. Invitation Letter - Can you please share any sample letter as I need to make sure I cover all key points in this letter? Atleast that will give me an idea on how to format the letter
Unfortunately, I don't have a sample letter that I could share

4. Proof of Financial Resource of Supporter - Given that I'm the resource of financial support, is it enough to show just my bank statements? It has also mentioned proof of canadian bank account - which document can support this? Any other documents to be provided under this section, please advise?
This would mean the host's financial documents i.e. your husband's bank statement + NOA

5. Proof of Means of Financial Support - Is this the same as above? If not, what kind of documents do I need to submit?
Your bank statement + any other financial investments

7. Purpose of Travel - Does this mean travel planner for 3 weeks? what else can support this?
Provisional flight itineraries

9. Proof of Relationship - I can submit a copy of my baby's Passport and Birth Certificate that has his dad's name. Is this sufficient?
Yes

Apart from this, do I need to provide any other proof like
- home & host ties,
- evidences that he will return back by the end of his visit, etc. Please let me know.
Quite honestly, there's nothing that you can include because he is a baby + both parents are PRs. The visa officer knows that you will apply for his PR via the inland process.

You had not mentioned earlier that your husband is a Canada-resident PR. It would be best if he starts the PR process for your baby right away instead of the TRV>>inland PR route

Reactions: IUser

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...