+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

super visa

New13

Dec 7, 2012
Hi Alexdis,

My parents ran into the same issue as you mentioned. Just wondering what solution worked for you? Did they have to withdraw the application and reapply or the officer could turn this into a Super Visa application?

For my parents' case, All the forms and supporting documents were for Super Visa application (Super Visa was mentioned in imm5727 form). All the mandatory documents e.g. Notice of income assessment, Medical Insurance Coverage, and my immigration status were put together in a pdf file with invitation letter as there were no option to upload them separately. They already sent a webform inquiry notifying this problem. Their visa office in Singapore. I noticed that your parents got reply from IRCC on same day (May 9th). Singapore might be more busier. It would be great if my parents do not have to withdraw their application.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hey Bryanna,

Hope you are keeping very well..

Need to have your help here please

My parents have applied for Super Visa ONLINE on 29th April 2018 , but have a made a little mistake choosing the dropdown while filling eiligibility. They have emailed and filled WEBFORM to withdraw application 9th May 2018.

POST review email from CIC to my parents :-

1. Should i consider the application for my parents is withdrawan or going to be withdrwan ?
2. if not , when can my parents re-submit the new application ? CIC just mentioned OFFICE will determine if can be withrawn or not ?

******Please see below two way conversation for more clarification*******

Parents filled WEBFORM as below to CIC to withdraw application on 9th MAY :-

Enquiry:

To, Canadian Immigration,
Subject :- Withdraw Online Submitted application and Re-submit Application

This is to inform you that I , APPLICANT NAME and my spouse ,SECOND APPLICANT ,have submitted an TRV application Online as per below reference numbers :- XXXXXXX and XXXXXXXX with all other require details.

Date Submitted :- April 29, 2018

Issue Occured :-

For eligibility questions , At the time of filling answers online , We have selected the incorrect drop down option on below question for online submitted application :-

Question was - > How are you related to Your Family Member ?

Instead of choosing the drop down answer as 'Child/Grandchild', we have selected the drop down answer as' Parent/Grandparent '

The above incorrect dropdown selection had resulted our application submitted under the category of 'Visitor visa - over 6 months', which should not have happened.

Kindly need your help , support and guidance to withdraw the current application, Once the
Withdrawal of application is confirmed from your end, we will re-submit the application. We would highly appreciate your assistance in advance

From
My Parents....

CIC REPLIED ON EMAIL to my parents on 9th MAY as below

Good day APPLICANT,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

A note has been added to your file to notify the responsible office that you wish to withdraw your application. Once the processing of your application begins, the office will determine if the application can be withdrawn and will issue a refund within 16 weeks of the withdrawal, if applicable.

If you have submitted your application with family members and you are the principal applicant, the office will also withdraw their applications.

Please note that the decision to withdraw an application is definitive, and that a new application will require the applicable fees.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Sincerely From,
CIC agent

please REPLY, Need your Help

New13

Dec 7, 2012
Hi Bryanna,

I already asked Alexdix regarding this. Could you please comment on this based on your experience?

Here is what I wrote to Alex:

My parents ran into the same issue as you mentioned. Just wondering what solution worked for you? Did they have to withdraw the application and reapply or the officer could turn this into a Super Visa application?

For my parents' case, All the forms and supporting documents were for Super Visa application (Super Visa was mentioned in imm5727 form). All the mandatory documents e.g. Notice of income assessment, Medical Insurance Coverage, and my immigration status were put together in a pdf file with invitation letter as there were no option to upload them separately. They already sent a webform inquiry notifying this problem. Their visa office in Singapore. I noticed that your parents got reply from IRCC on same day (May 9th). Singapore might be more busier. It would be great if my parents do not have to withdraw their application.

Thanks.

Hey long time! Not sure what happened to last year's TRV applications.

You should not have requested for the applications to be withdrawn. This is a minor error which can be easily corrected by sending the CSE/ email to the relevant visa office with the amended application forms.

If you decide to withdraw their applications, you will need to wait for even up to 8 weeks before you get a confirmation that their files have been closed.... before you can reapply.

In short: Don't withdraw their applications. Simply send the amended forms (complete set for each parent) and request the visa office to consider these new forms

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna,

I already asked Alexdix regarding this. Could you please comment on this based on your experience?

Here is what I wrote to Alex:

Thanks.
Member se7en had a similar situation for making an incorrect selection at the time of applying for his mom's super visa. Here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/applying-for-supervisa-within-canada.479025/page-7

New13

Dec 7, 2012
Thanks Bryanna. Looks like se7en submitted two applications at the same time while requested to cancel the older one. My parents are still waiting to hear back from Singapore (they are in Bangladesh). Should they consider submitting another application at this time point? Application withdrawal may take several weeks. I am really confused now :(

Member se7en had a similar situation for making an incorrect selection at the time of applying for his mom's super visa. Here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/applying-for-supervisa-within-canada.479025/page-7

New13

Dec 7, 2012
Hi Bryanna,

My parents just got a reply from the Singapore office. They are confirming that the application was submitted under super visa which is really confusing to me given that my parents used the TRV category to upload the documents and submit the application (as there was no separate option to upload the medical insurance coverage and notice of assessment. The application number they got starts with 'V'. Not sure if the applications submitted under super visa category get different code.

They already got instructions to give biometrics. Should I just keep quiet and let the application go?

Thanks Bryanna. Looks like se7en submitted two applications at the same time while requested to cancel the older one. My parents are still waiting to hear back from Singapore (they are in Bangladesh). Should they consider submitting another application at this time point? Application withdrawal may take several weeks. I am really confused now :(

New13

Dec 7, 2012
Any comment on this Bryanna? I am really stressing out and very confused...

Hi Bryanna,

My parents just got a reply from the Singapore office. They are confirming that the application was submitted under super visa which is really confusing to me given that my parents used the TRV category to upload the documents and submit the application (as there was no separate option to upload the medical insurance coverage and notice of assessment. The application number they got starts with 'V'. Not sure if the applications submitted under super visa category get different code.

They already got instructions to give biometrics. Should I just keep quiet and let the application go?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
If your parents submit another application, they will be in the same situation as se7en i.e. it will become confusing with no clarity about which visa application is being processed. Plus, it will only delay the processing.

Just to clarify:
Your parents applied for TRVs, right?
Do they want to continue with TRV applications or super visa applications?

New13

Dec 7, 2012
Thanks Bryanna.

They submitted all the documents for super visa application but submitted this under TRV due to the mistakes in questionnaire (they selected parent/grandparent instead of child/grandchild). They wanted to apply for super visa. The Singapore office actually replied to their inquiry saying that their application is under super visa. Although we know that they submitted the documents under TRV submission link (they put NOA, medical coverage, and my immigration status document in one document with invitation letter as there was no separate link to upload these files). I am now confused that how the visa office determined that the application was submitted under super visa. Their application number starts with 'V', is that also the same for people applied using the correct super visa submission link?

They already got their biometrics request. They also send detailed inquiry to the visa office indicating that they made a mistake in the questionnaire (they sent it after receiving confirmation that the application is under super visa). Should we be convinced that they probably updated the application but nothing was mentioned about that in their email. We are just worried thinking that it might ended up being an TRV application :(

If your parents submit another application, they will be in the same situation as se7en i.e. it will become confusing with no clarity about which visa application is being processed. Plus, it will only delay the processing.

Just to clarify:
Your parents applied for TRVs, right?
Do they want to continue with TRV applications or super visa applications?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
They submitted all the documents for super visa application but submitted this under TRV due to the mistakes in questionnaire (they selected parent/grandparent instead of child/grandchild). They wanted to apply for super visa. The Singapore office actually replied to their inquiry saying that their application is under super visa. Although we know that they submitted the documents under TRV submission link (they put NOA, medical coverage, and my immigration status document in one document with invitation letter as there was no separate link to upload these files). I am now confused that how the visa office determined that the application was submitted under super visa.
That's because your parents sent the web form to inform the Singapore visa office that they had incorrectly applied for TRVs. IMO, the visa office has updated their files and processing is for super visas.

Their application number starts with 'V', is that also the same for people applied using the correct super visa submission link?
Super visas are a type of Visitor Visas/TRVs.

They already got their biometrics request. They also send detailed inquiry to the visa office indicating that they made a mistake in the questionnaire (they sent it after receiving confirmation that the application is under super visa). Should we be convinced that they probably updated the application but nothing was mentioned about that in their email. We are just worried thinking that it might ended up being an TRV application :(
Have your parents done their medicals?

New13

Dec 7, 2012
No, they have not got any invitation for medical examination yet. They just applied yesterday.

There was no reply from the Singapore visa office after they sent the second inquiry. But this morning they received emails that their files were updated. But they could not see anything new from their end when they checked in their cic account. Could this update be related to the inquiry that they sent second time?

Should we just continue with this application given that the visa office confirmed this to be under the super visa category (although in the end we would not have any way to change it if they process this a TRV application)?

That's because your parents sent the web form to inform the Singapore visa office that they had incorrectly applied for TRVs. IMO, the visa office has updated their files and processing is for super visas.

Super visas are a type of Visitor Visas/TRVs.

Have your parents done their medicals?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
No, they have not got any invitation for medical examination yet. They just applied yesterday.
You're panicking too soon :)

Should we just continue with this application given that the visa office confirmed this to be under the super visa category (although in the end we would not have any way to change it if they process this a TRV application)?
As the visa office has confirmed these are super visa applications then processing must continue.

If you still want to be sure, do send the amended application form with the selection for super visas + all necessary documents by email to the Singapore visa office

New13

Dec 7, 2012
Thanks for you suggestion Bryanna. It was a lot of work to put together the application and it is kind of frustrating to see this going wrong :(

My parents submitted all the right forms (super visa was selected in the imm5257 forms) and supporting documents for the super visa application. Just wondering if we should resend these. They already sent three inquiries to the visa office already regarding the mistakes. They might not like further communication on the same topic.

I will probably ask my parents to continue with the biometric request. I know medical is not required for TRV application. So if they do not get a request for medical exam, can this be seen as a sign that they are processing it as a TRV application? How long does it usually takes them to send a medical request after biometric request (I think biometric request is sent within 24 hours of applying)?

Can the call centre agents be helpful to figure out how the application is being processed since this application is outside Canada?

You're panicking too soon :)

As the visa office has confirmed these are super visa applications then processing must continue.

If you still want to be sure, do send the amended application form with the selection for super visas + all necessary documents by email to the Singapore visa office

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
They already sent three inquiries to the visa office already regarding the mistakes. They might not like further communication on the same topic.
Three web forms in 24 hours? Wow :p

I will probably ask my parents to continue with the biometric request. I know medical is not required for TRV application. So if they do not get a request for medical exam, can this be seen as a sign that they are processing it as a TRV application? How long does it usually takes them to send a medical request after biometric request (I think biometric request is sent within 24 hours of applying)?
I recommend sending the correct forms + documents by an email rather than relying on the CSEs. Just to be on the safe side.

Can the call centre agents be helpful to figure out how the application is being processed since this application is outside Canada?
Uninformative, unreliable, un(most things visa-related)..... Nope

New13

Dec 7, 2012
Thanks Bryanna; will ask them to do so...

Three web forms in 24 hours? Wow :p

I recommend sending the correct forms + documents by an email rather than relying on the CSEs. Just to be on the safe side.

Uninformative, unreliable, un(most things visa-related)..... Nope