+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

super visa

sameera_rathore

Sep 4, 2017
Hi,
I am a permanent resident in Canada and its been 4 months since I landed in Canada. However, I got a good job in Canada already and I want to sponsor my parents for super visa.
I have two questions;
1. Can i sponsor my parents when I havent completed one year in Canada and havent filed a tax return? Please note that I can show my proof of funding with my employment letter and pay stubs.
2. Can I apply for their visa from within Canada or they have to apply on their own from their country of residence?
Thanks,

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,
I am a permanent resident in Canada and its been 4 months since I landed in Canada. However, I got a good job in Canada already and I want to sponsor my parents for super visa.
I have two questions;
1. Can i sponsor my parents when I havent completed one year in Canada and havent filed a tax return? Please note that I can show my proof of funding with my employment letter and pay stubs.
No, you must wait until you can prove you meet LICO.

2. Can I apply for their visa from within Canada or they have to apply on their own from their country of residence?
Thanks,
You can apply on their behalf

sameera_rathore

Sep 4, 2017
No, you must wait until you can prove you meet LICO.

You can apply on their behalf
Yeah but IRCC said on their website that to prove LICO requirements , there are couple of documents that could be used. And one of those documents could be my employment letter.
Please clarify if you know any further details

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yeah but IRCC said on their website that to prove LICO requirements , there are couple of documents that could be used. And one of those documents could be my employment letter.
Please clarify if you know any further details
It does not work like that. Ideally, you need to submit NOAs for the last three years for super visas (You can refer to the Visa Office instructions). Presently, you cannot submit any NOA. We have seen refusals for this reason

Last edited:

RamGenius

Star Member
Jun 29, 2013
Hi , can you please help me here
I am applying for super visa for my father in India
He is employed in Northern Railway , do he need to take the NOC (Non Objectionable certificate) from the Railway or note while applying for super visa

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi , can you please help me here
I am applying for super visa for my father in India
He is employed in Northern Railway , do he need to take the NOC (Non Objectionable certificate) from the Railway or note while applying for super visa
Yes, you would need a NOC from his employer.

A super visa is a long stay visa. His employer must know that he intends to take a sabbatical, and that he has not gone on unapproved leave from his employment

sameera_rathore

Sep 4, 2017
It does not work like that. Ideally, you need to submit NOAs for the last three years for super visas (You can refer to the Visa Office instructions). Presently, you cannot submit any NOA. We have seen refusals for this reason
Hi bryanna,
I know that you’ve answered my question before but I have one more query.
I have money in my bank in my home country ... what if I transfer that money to my bank account in Canada and meet the LICO requirements for super visa ?
Or do I need to have specifically earned my income from Canada in order to sponsor my parents ??

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi bryanna,
I know that you’ve answered my question before but I have one more query.
I have money in my bank in my home country ... what if I transfer that money to my bank account in Canada and meet the LICO requirements for super visa ?
Or do I need to have specifically earned my income from Canada in order to sponsor my parents ??
Income from Canadian sources to prove you can support their long stay on super visas

Joe Joe

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
Hi all,
Applied for mother in low 2 months ago.havnt heared any thin although website says 60 days.any clue.
And is it possible to link papper to online account.
Thank u