+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Timeline -- Islamabad, Pakistan

Xbero

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Captain_Prince said:
Dear seniors,
My parents have super visa that is going to expire in May 2016(till passport validity, they got it for 5 years), as we are planning to move to Canada what is the best possible way to extend or renew the visa, is it possible to reapply or extend it from within Canada if that is not the case can we reapply for visa from Pakistan if it is still valid for an year or so.

I am planning to move to Canada till March 2015 so the idea is to get the visa for the longest time possible to avoid coming back to Pakistan and then re-applying from here as it takes almost 3 months to process the visa and I am not sure if there is any chance of rejection as well, it will be difficult to manage if I start a job in Canada, I can understand that they require the super visa holders to go back to home country after 2 years and then they can comeback.

Your advice will be highly appreciated

Captain
Hi,

From my own experience, you need to do it from outside of Canada and it doesn't have to be from home country. You would go through the whole process. If your parents' medical exams have been expired, then they have to do another medical exam.

Jul 30, 2014
my brother received my mother's pp from vfs lahore yesterday so here is my updated timeline:

applied online.......................... 14 Sep
biometrics done in vfs lahore....... 17 Sep
medical exam & passport request... 10 Nov
medical done in lahore at IOM--- 14 Nov
passport submitted in VFS lahore---- 17 Nov
application got approved (online account status) ------------ Dec 02
PP back with visa ------------ Dec 03

They issued the visa for 4 years just so you know

usmanwazir

Dec 8, 2014
Hi Every one

I applied for parents super visa second time. First time I did online but they lost the application and cancelled it by mistake and then rejected as they lost all associated attached documents. This time I applied through VFS.
1- We applied on Sep 30 , with upfront medical completed on Sep 24.
2- No response till yesterday i.e Dec 7 i.e after more than 70 days . I sent email through inquiry option on website and got response immediately that application in process and they waiting for response to medical request sent on Oct 30.
3- I checked back and I missed that email by chance. I replied back that we done upfront medical already and is there need to do medical again. Got immediate response yesterday that it has been updated and medical has been found so no need to go for medical again.
4- To be on safe side , I dispatched copies of Upfront medical again with cover letter through VFS office .
5- Question is that will they take 4 weeks from yesterday to process visa. As principally it was their fault that they missed the medical results which were attached with application and may be ours too who missed their email and did not re-notify them about upfront medical ?.
6- What are the procedures ( background check or security check) left after they send medical request and whether they start working on those outstanding procedures immediately or wait for medical results to receive?
7- Any chance visa will be rejected as if they have to reject visa on any thing then they might have done it in past 70 days.

Waiting for yours thoughts so I can plan things accordingly.
Thanks

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
usmanwazir said:
Hi Every one

I applied for parents super visa second time. First time I did online but they lost the application and cancelled it by mistake and then rejected as they lost all associated attached documents. This time I applied through VFS.
1- We applied on Sep 30 , with upfront medical completed on Sep 24.
2- No response till yesterday i.e Dec 7 i.e after more than 70 days . I sent email through inquiry option on website and got response immediately that application in process and they waiting for response to medical request sent on Oct 30.
3- I checked back and I missed that email by chance. I replied back that we done upfront medical already and is there need to do medical again. Got immediate response yesterday that it has been updated and medical has been found so no need to go for medical again.
4- To be on safe side , I dispatched copies of Upfront medical again with cover letter through VFS office .
5- Question is that will they take 4 weeks from yesterday to process visa. As principally it was their fault that they missed the medical results which were attached with application and may be ours too who missed their email and did not re-notify them about upfront medical ?.
6- What are the procedures ( background check or security check) left after they send medical request and whether they start working on those outstanding procedures immediately or wait for medical results to receive?
7- Any chance visa will be rejected as if they have to reject visa on any thing then they might have done it in past 70 days.

Waiting for yours thoughts so I can plan things accordingly.
Thanks
Hi Usman Wazir, Can you please share the list of documents you enclosed with your application ?

usmanwazir

Dec 8, 2014
List of documents in light of applicant..
1) Travel Itinerary;
2) Marriage Certificate as proof of relation with Secondary applicant;
3) Upfront medical for Super visa;
4) Letter of invitation from Sponsor (i.e. my son) in Canada including invitation for super visa for me and secondary applicant (i.e. my spouse), information about sponsor (i.e. my son) and his family, information about me and secondary applicant (i.e. my spouse), proof of current status of sponsor and his family in Canada and calculation of sponsor’s family size in order to calculate Low Income cut-off requirement for super visa;
5) Documents supporting Low Income cut-off requirement for Sponsor (Son) for super visa including Tax assessments and T4 statements for last three years,
6) Sponsor’s Letter of employment (current and past),
7) Sponsor’s salary/ pay slips for last 6 months,
8) Letter of financial supports from Sponsor (Son) including his Bank’ statements and saving accounts statements for last 12 months;
9) Letter of purpose of travel from me and accompanying applicant including bank statement, pension earning statements , rental income agreement , affidavit of intention to return from me and accompanying applicant and properties/ assets ownership documents evidencing ties with Pakistan..
10) Proof of parental relationship to child including Family registration certificate and Child birth Certificate; and
11) Medical insurance coverage for one year from AIG Insurance.

layla.bee

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013
AOR Received.
Dec 2013
IELTS Request
Not Req'd
File Transfer...
Jan 2014
Med's Request
Jun 25, 2015
Med's Done....
Jun 26, 2015
Interview........
N/A, Addition Doc Request: Jul24, Doc sent and rec'd by CIC: Aug 14, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
Sooper Vizz 2014 said:
my brother received my mother's pp from vfs lahore yesterday so here is my updated timeline:

applied online.......................... 14 Sep
biometrics done in vfs lahore....... 17 Sep
medical exam & passport request... 10 Nov
medical done in lahore at IOM--- 14 Nov
passport submitted in VFS lahore---- 17 Nov
application got approved (online account status) ------------ Dec 02
PP back with visa ------------ Dec 03

They issued the visa for 4 years just so you know
They issued my mom 4 years visa too, however, a year after we found out that Islamabad usually give normal trv instead of super visa. We applied for super visa. Check the type of visa on her passport. Usually regular visa will be stamped for 6 months when she enters in Canada and then you will have to extend within Canada.

fsiddiqui80

Apr 7, 2014
Applied for parents super VISA online. They are based in Karachi, Pakistan hence the VISA processing office is Islamabad.

Time line as follows:

7th november Online application filed.
8th november - Biometrics letter received.
9th november - biometrics done in karachi
11th november - Medical request received
23 November - Medicals completed in karachi
5th December - Status changed for my father - Medical reviews - Passed / Mother medical review still in progress

I have not heard anything since 5th of December.
waiting.......

raja.ahmad410

Oct 24, 2014
Hi everyone,

My Parents applied in early September

Early September bio metrics,

October 20th received Medical request & passport submission request

Nov 17 medical in Lahore,

My question is that my Mom was cleared right away while my Dad was asked to go for an ECG even though he doesn't have any heart issues (ah) , Is it normal for IOM to ask for ECG,

If anyone of you have gone through similar process, please reply with your input

Thanks a lot

Dec 20, 2014
Hi,
I'm in the middle of applying for a Parent and Grandparent Super Visa for my mother-in-law who is already in Canada on Visitor visa. As per the checklist generated by the wizard on CIC website, I need to submit IMM5708 along with other supporting documents. I have the following clarifications regarding the form IMM5708.
1) For question number 3 in the form there are 3 options to choose from.
a.Extension of my temporary resident visa
b.Restoration of temporary resident status as a visitor
c.Initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit
I'm assuming the most appropriate option would be to choose option ‘c' since we are applying for a new temporary visa (super visa) and are also extending my mother-in-law's stay. Please let me know if the assumption and the option chosen is correct for our situation.

2) Assuming that we have to choose option ‘c' as stated above, when I fill the form and upload the form online on CIC website, following error message is thrown and I'm unable to upload the form.

To apply for a temporary resident permit, please complete the application on paper and submit it to a CIC office. When applying online, please ensure that the checkbox titled “initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit” is not checked on the application form.

Please let me know if any of you had faced this problem. The application needs to be submitted as soon as possible and any thoughts/ comments/suggestions is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

hinasah1989

Jan 4, 2015
Hi ..how re u all
Me and brother want to apply super visa for our mother . She lives in pakistan .we both are canadian citizen. I have some questions regarding super visa thing which I am confused about please help me about !
1: can we (me and my brother) apply for my mom super visa together ?? (As we both are single)
2: if yes than can they calculate the number of income of both of us altogether ? And then figure out the total number of income ?
3: what are the chances of getting visa for pakistan?
If any one knows please answer me about it ?

amirsrima

Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2013
Doc's Request.
submitted with the application
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
15-08-2014
Med's Request
18-08-2014 (plus RPRF & Update Information Chart, PPR1)
Med's Done....
7-11-2014
Interview........
DM: 11-11-2014
Passport Req..
PPR2 15-11-2014 SUBMITTED: 20-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
LANDED..........
June 2015
Canada_Is_Good said:
Hi,
I'm in the middle of applying for a Parent and Grandparent Super Visa for my mother-in-law who is already in Canada on Visitor visa. As per the checklist generated by the wizard on CIC website, I need to submit IMM5708 along with other supporting documents. I have the following clarifications regarding the form IMM5708.
1) For question number 3 in the form there are 3 options to choose from.
a.Extension of my temporary resident visa
b.Restoration of temporary resident status as a visitor
c.Initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit
I'm assuming the most appropriate option would be to choose option ‘c' since we are applying for a new temporary visa (super visa) and are also extending my mother-in-law's stay. Please let me know if the assumption and the option chosen is correct for our situation.

2) Assuming that we have to choose option ‘c' as stated above, when I fill the form and upload the form online on CIC website, following error message is thrown and I'm unable to upload the form.

To apply for a temporary resident permit, please complete the application on paper and submit it to a CIC office. When applying online, please ensure that the checkbox titled “initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit” is not checked on the application form.

Please let me know if any of you had faced this problem. The application needs to be submitted as soon as possible and any thoughts/ comments/suggestions is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Dear,
It is clear in their message, on-line application does not apply for option"C".

amirsrima

Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2013
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
15-08-2014
Med's Request
18-08-2014 (plus RPRF & Update Information Chart, PPR1)
Med's Done....
7-11-2014
Interview........
DM: 11-11-2014
Passport Req..
PPR2 15-11-2014 SUBMITTED: 20-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2015
LANDED..........
June 2015
saqi4you said:
Hi
THanks for reply !
i just call IOM LAHORE they said call ISB then i called ISB there is no operator . they ask for send to IOM Email for appointment .
what should i do please Help me About this !

Thanks
Normally they do reply to email quickly, so do it

tachhi

Dec 30, 2014
can anyone please guide me what docs I need to apply for my parents super visa

and what kinda of invitation and sponsor and financial support letters should I write and do they have to be notarized?

Steevy

May 31, 2014
Vancouver
tachhi said:
can anyone please guide me what docs I need to apply for my parents super visa

and what kinda of invitation and sponsor and financial support letters should I write and do they have to be notarized?
You will find the official guidelines by following this link - <a href=http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/supervisa-how.asp>Citizenship and Immigration Canada</a>

waqar.ahmad150

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2015 (Online)
Passport Req..
22-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015 (Multiple 4 Years)
LANDED..........
Landed
Hi All,

I have applied visit visa for one of my relative through online on 11 January 2014.
After online payment 180 dollar submission, he found confirmation message. But afterwards, the status
Of my relative application on my CIC account is appearing "processing submission" under detail tab. Some one is saying that you application is not submitted. 3 days have passed but no status is changed on cic account and not recieved any email about biometric.

Can anybody advise what is the issue