Super Visa Timeline -- Islamabad, Pakistan

dante2010

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My mother-in-law got her Visa today. Alhamdolillah. Even though she just got her 10 year validity Passport, they still gave her Multiple Entry Super Visa for 4 years. I saw people in this thread did mention receiving 4 years valid visa. Could anyone with the knowledge explain why is that they gave for 4 year instead of 10 years? If my mother-in-law wants to come after 4 years as well, how would she apply for extension? Would she have to go through the entire process again or can she apply for extension?

Other than that, really happy for my wife. She could finally be with her mother when our first child is born.

Just so that everyone is aware of the timeline, it took exactly 78 days from the day the application was delivered in Islamabad to the day we got the passport back.

Up front medical did save us some time. Just make sure that if you have done up-front medical and you were still asked by the embassy to undergo medical, please note that it may be a computer generated automated email asking for MEDICAL (not re-medical - there is a difference). I believe the automated e-mail triggers when the application reaches the average processing time i.e. 60 days as of the current timeline. If that is the case, do a case specific inquiry and let them know that medical has been completed before on "xyz" date and verify with them if they have the results for it. We did that and they acknowledged that they have the medical results.

Also, for those wondering, we submitted the Passport along with the documents. So once the process was done, we didn't have to send the passports to the embassy. However, I do think this is the only way unless you submit your application online - in which case I am not sure what the procedure is.

We did consult a lawyer for the STATUTORY of DECLARATION form and INVITATION LETTER - but other than that did everything myself. I think that may have helped a bit in our case but how much impact it had - not to sure.

Hope this answers a few question people had.

Best of luck to everyone waiting for the visa. InshAllah you all will get one soon.

saqi4you

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
Hi
i got reply today from CIC ISB
they asking to filed this form IMM 5524 and one more

Dear Applicant,

This refers to your application for a Temporary Resident Visa.

To proceed with your Application for a Temporary Resident visa, please submit the following:

- Application for Travel Document (Permanent Resident Abroad) -

- ORIGINAL signed and witnessed Consent to decision on residency obligation and wavier of appeal rights -

- If you do not meet the residency obligation and are seeking a Temporary Resident visa, you do not need to submit a processing fee for the Travel Document applications.

Any documents submitted via courier must be accompanied by a pre-paid courier return envelope. The above information/documents are required within 14 days of this email. At that time, your application will be reviewed and concluded on the basis of the information on file. Failure to submit the requested information may result in the refusal of your application.

You are STRONGLY urged to submit all documents by email to: islamabad-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

Please submit documents by ONE method only. Sending case status enquiries and documents through duplicate or multiple channels will result in processing delays.

along with IMM 5524 and Consent to decision on residency obligation and waiver of appeal rights
resulting in loss of status under A46(1)(b)

why they ask for this i never apply for my parents before to canada immigration ?

plz reply thanks

saqi4you

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
dante2010 said:
My mother-in-law got her Visa today. Alhamdolillah. Even though she just got her 10 year validity Passport, they still gave her Multiple Entry Super Visa for 4 years. I saw people in this thread did mention receiving 4 years valid visa. Could anyone with the knowledge explain why is that they gave for 4 year instead of 10 years? If my mother-in-law wants to come after 4 years as well, how would she apply for extension? Would she have to go through the entire process again or can she apply for extension?

Other than that, really happy for my wife. She could finally be with her mother when our first child is born.

Just so that everyone is aware of the timeline, it took exactly 78 days from the day the application was delivered in Islamabad to the day we got the passport back.

Up front medical did save us some time. Just make sure that if you have done up-front medical and you were still asked by the embassy to undergo medical, please note that it may be a computer generated automated email asking for MEDICAL (not re-medical - there is a difference). I believe the automated e-mail triggers when the application reaches the average processing time i.e. 60 days as of the current timeline. If that is the case, do a case specific inquiry and let them know that medical has been completed before on "xyz" date and verify with them if they have the results for it. We did that and they acknowledged that they have the medical results.

Also, for those wondering, we submitted the Passport along with the documents. So once the process was done, we didn't have to send the passports to the embassy. However, I do think this is the only way unless you submit your application online - in which case I am not sure what the procedure is.

We did consult a lawyer for the STATUTORY of DECLARATION form and INVITATION LETTER - but other than that did everything myself. I think that may have helped a bit in our case but how much impact it had - not to sure.

Hope this answers a few question people had.

Best of luck to everyone waiting for the visa. InshAllah you all will get one soon.
MUBAKAR

symore

Sep 5, 2014
saqi4you said:
no pre-med we are waiting for request or reply
Hey saqi4you ; have you received anything regarding medical? It seems that "Sooper Vizz 2014" who submitted biometrics on Sep 14 received medical and pp request on Nov 10th.

saqi4you

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
symore said:
Hey saqi4you ; have you received anything regarding medical? It seems that "Sooper Vizz 2014" who submitted biometrics on Sep 14 received medical and pp request on Nov 10th.
no I didn't receive any requests for med or PP
I just got that emailalong with IMM 5524 and Consent to decision on residency obligation and waiver of appeal rights

samkk84

Star Member
Dec 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sept 2013
AOR Received.
sept 2013
File Transfer...
Transferred from Islamabad to London in Jan 2014
Med's Done....
May 2013
Passport Req..
23-12-2014
Hello All,

I am doing research on reasons why people do or do not use lawyers for their immigration applications.

Would appreciate if you could fill this in. It will take less than 2 minutes of your time.

Thanks in advance!!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1I1QnwL3Ugp0LrUNMQlXtS8qPwt-uzfzXGifMPTIGnPQ/viewform?usp=send_form

shahroze

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Scarborough
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just got a reply from CIC ISB on nov 12th that your application is under process and review.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
saqi4you said:
no I didn't receive any requests for med or PP
I just got that emailalong with IMM 5524 and Consent to decision on residency obligation and waiver of appeal rights
How did you get that? Wasn't your application for a super visa? Did you try calling them or doing a case specific inquiry?

saqi4you

Star Member
Mar 27, 2012
torontob said:
How did you get that? Wasn't your application for a super visa? Did you try calling them or doing a case specific inquiry?
i don't know we applied for super visa not for PR today to we will send email to inquire this !
but this is very frustrated

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
saqi4you said:
i don't know we applied for super visa not for PR today to we will send email to inquire this !
but this is very frustrated
Maybe they like you and want to make them PR :)
I understand, it is frustrating - specially the luck of direct line of communication.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Hello,

Is anyone from August or September getting their Meds or PP request yet? We are past 70 days now and no response.

Thanks,

shahroze

Star Member
Nov 11, 2011
Scarborough
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
torontob said:
Hello,

Is anyone from August or September getting their Meds or PP request yet? We are past 70 days now and no response.

Thanks,
You can see my timeline still waiting for passports. I don't know why they are taking so long?

aliabdul

Star Member
Aug 27, 2013
Hello guys...

I am new to this particular 'super visa' thread and require a bit of help from all,

- I intend to send my parents to canada using either 'super visa' or normal ' visit visa ' (whichever feasible), my sister currently hold a canadian passport and lives in Toronto.

What are the basic requirements (step by step) and how should i go about to fulfill them, any clarification/ help from seniors or ones who successfully completed the process?

Thanks in advance.