+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Timeline -- Islamabad, Pakistan

rajdeepa

Mar 22, 2009
Good to see so many people getting medical request today. Congrats to everyone and wish you good luck with the rest of the process.

beeba-bacha

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farhan_83 said:
HI Shazia,

Yes
my parents received medical request too today 25th July
what i know from some sources that Team has been sent from India to Islamabad to clear backlogs but still cant gurantee how much time they gona take after medicals

Now our big problem is we cannot submit Passports back after medical cuz my parents have to submit passport for Hajj rite after EID and in OCtober they are leaving for HAJJ.

Please someone advise what should we do ????
WIll Visa ooffice hold our file till November ???

Hello farhan....
For Hujj our passport is not the normal passport..Ministry of Hujj makes a separate passport only for the occasion of Hujj and It is a normal practice.You are advised to consultant with ur Hujj travel agent for more info.

Rimrock

Jun 25, 2012
Hi Everyone,

My Mom and Grand father submitted the documents for Super Visa processing through FedEx Islamabad on May 30th 2012. Didn't receive any reply from Canada Embassy Islamabad yet.

mmzawar

Jul 27, 2012
Hi guys,

I am new to this forum, so hello to everybody................I applied for my Parents Super visa, Here is the time line

Applied 14th May,2012
26th July,2012 Got visa
Issuance date 25th July,2012
Expiry Visa date 25th July, 2017
Category Visitor Multiple

I was expecting medical but directly got visa which was odd to me............I requested 3 months of stay in Canada for the first time but I sent all the required documents for Super visa like LICO Proof, Medical Insurance for 1 year etc. But look like it is not the Super visa.............what should I do now?
What do you guys write in invitation letter(duration of stay)? Do you think that it is the reason to duration because it is less than 6 months, I am just wondering if my father wants to live more that 6 months, upto 2 years at a time, what should he do?

Any help about this would be appreciated.

Muhammad Zawar

sustKanada

Dec 5, 2011
mmzawar said:
Hi guys,

I am new to this forum, so hello to everybody................I applied for my Parents Super visa, Here is the time line

Applied 14th May,2012
26th July,2012 Got visa

I was expecting medical but directly got visa which was odd to me............I requested 3 months of stay in Canada for the first time but I sent all the required documents for Super visa like LICO Proof, Medical Insurance for 1 year etc. But look like it is not the Super visa.............what should I do now?
What do you guys write in invitation letter(duration of stay)? Do you think that it is the reason to duration because it is less than 6 months, I am just wondering if my father wants to live more that 6 months, upto 2 years at a time, what should he do?

Muhammad Zawar
You must have not made it clear in the application form that you are applying for super visa. In application they ask you the "type of visa" you are applying for. On CIC website, they mention that you should not choose "visitor" category, instead you should choose "Other" and in details write "supervisa for parents".

Don't worry about the length of stay, once your parents are here you can easily extend their stay as many times as you want. I know two people whose parents came on visit visa and the have extended their stay 2 times.

mmzawar

Jul 27, 2012
Thanks!

I mentioned in the application , I explained everything in the invitation letter, my LICO calculations, my father got refusal 3 times for single entry visit visa cos I never sent medical insurance paper before, I sent 1 year medical insurance as well. Still surprised. Do you think, I should write and email to them and asked them to send medical papers as I applied for Super visa?

mmzawar

Jul 27, 2012
One more question?

How much duration of stay do you guys requested in Canada for super visa in application?

sustKanada

Dec 5, 2011
mmzawar said:
One more question?

How much duration of stay do you guys requested in Canada for super visa in application?
That's strange, what is written in the visa category on their visa sticker? For super visa it should be something like PG1. If its not PG 1 then it is a normal visit visa.

I mentioned a 5 year duration, i wrote that i want my parents to be with me and enjoy time with their grand children while they grow up.
You can email them, but i am pretty sure that they will ask you to re apply and surrender your current visit visa. Basically it will be a new application as they have already issued the visa and your file is closed now.

zam23

Jul 17, 2012
mmzawar said:
Hi guys,

Applied 14th May,2012
26th July,2012 Got visa

Muhammad Zawar
What other documents did you submit with your application. Any bank statement from your parents? Is it necessary to show bank statement of your parents if you specify that all expenses including ticket will be taken care by the host in Canada?

mmzawar

Jul 27, 2012
sustKanada said:
That's strange, what is written in the visa category on their visa sticker? For super visa it should be something like PG1. If its not PG 1 then it is a normal visit visa.

I mentioned a 5 year duration, i wrote that i want my parents to be with me and enjoy time with their grand children while they grow up.
You can email them, but i am pretty sure that they will ask you to re apply and surrender your current visit visa. Basically it will be a new application as they have already issued the visa and your file is closed now.
Category Visitor Visa .......... is written on the sticker. I was really surprised that how Immigration Officer decided, I applied for Super visa, My application clearly stated Super visa. I provided every requirement for Super visa, does it make any difference if my father decided to live 3 months first time with me and then may stay up to 2 years. That was my father`s decision,not the Immigration Officer`s decision. He should have given me PG1 visa.

mmzawar

Jul 27, 2012
zam23 said:
What other documents did you submit with your application. Any bank statement from your parents? Is it necessary to show bank statement of your parents if you specify that all expenses including ticket will be taken care by the host in Canada?
You can see in the check list for Super visa for all the required documents, Yes, I sent my father`s bank statement...............can you believe that I put 5 Lac in one day and the other day I got the bank statement......................accepted. Actually, your bank statement and job letter is important to them as you are taking responsibilities for all the expenses.

pkboy

Jul 24, 2012
ZU said:
Hi Guys,

Please share your timelines if anyone has applied for a Super Visa from Islamabad.

I applied for my mother on December 15, 2011 and haven't heard anything as yet.

Thanks
ZU
whats super visa?

farhan_83

Star Member
May 29, 2008
sustKanada said:
They can't, if you let them know. However, if you don't let them know, they might close your file due to "lack of documentation".

Just out of curiosity, there are still 2 months left before your parents leave for Hajj. After medicals,usually it just takes 5-6 weeks for the visa, they have enough time to get the visa and then leave for Hajj.
Hi Sust,

yes its been 2 month but they have to submit passport for Hajj visa and we dnt knw how long that process gona take mabe 15 days then we only have 15 more days before my parent leave for hajj in 1st week of October they are getting thr medical done on august 6th

And i cant trust embassy who knows when they gona return passport ....

sustKanada

Dec 5, 2011
farhan_83 said:
Hi Sust,

yes its been 2 month but they have to submit passport for Hajj visa and we dnt knw how long that process gona take mabe 15 days then we only have 15 more days before my parent leave for hajj in 1st week of October they are getting thr medical done on august 6th

And i cant trust embassy who knows when they gona return passport ....
Yeah, in that case, i wouldn't trust the canadian consulate either. I guess waiting is the only option for you then. Goodluck !!!

sustKanada

Dec 5, 2011
Hi guys ,

I have a question, so in the medical request forms, it is written that after completing medicals you need to send back your passports with a prepaid envelope.

As far as i know, we only need to send the passports through fedex or TCS , and the return will through the same courier service.

Have things changed? How are you guys sending your passports back after medical?