+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Timeline -- Islamabad, Pakistan

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
kemeshia said:
Do our parents have to a work to be granted the supervisa?
Not necessarily, only you as sponsor have to show LICO income with proof e.g. Option C print out,Job letter, paystub, invitation letter and 1 year of private medical insurance. Go to www.cic.gc for more info.

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
kwaheed said:
Sorry I made a mistake in timeline

Application sent : 16 June
Medical request : 28 august
Medical sent : 14 September

Waiting for passports to be back. Website says 77 days. Does that include time after medical or not?
You should contact CIC islamabad. My mother send the passport back around the same date, and she got her passport back stamped with visa in 20 days.

frantic123

Oct 19, 2012
I applied for super visa for my parents. They got their medical with in the expected timeline, did their medical on 26 July 2012 and then resubmitted their passports through Gerry's on 27 July 2012. Since then we have not heard back from CIC Islamabad. I tried emailing them and calling them - the reply to the email was that the application is still being processed and were told on the phone that they are not allowed to discuss the status of applications on the phone. I personally know of family friends who applied after us and got their passports back with super visa valid for 4 years. I am really concerned now - do they (immigration officers) have an objection? My father is working (although he is nearing his retirement age) and my mom is a housewife. One of my brothers is still in Lahore with them (studying) but two of my brothers along with me are in Canada. We showed a lot of links - father's pay stubs, properties etc and then of course my brother's pay stubs here in Calgary etc. I have no idea what is making them hold their passports. Any ideas??? Any suggestions? Could it be that they have a problem with the medical that was done? The doctor didn't mention anything and there is no serious medical condition anyway - just blood pressure and diabetes. I am really at a loss - have no idea where we went wrong.

sthaeem

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
frantic123 said:
I applied for super visa for my parents. They got their medical with in the expected timeline, did their medical on 26 July 2012 and then resubmitted their passports through Gerry's on 27 July 2012. Since then we have not heard back from CIC Islamabad. I tried emailing them and calling them - the reply to the email was that the application is still being processed and were told on the phone that they are not allowed to discuss the status of applications on the phone. I personally know of family friends who applied after us and got their passports back with super visa valid for 4 years. I am really concerned now - do they (immigration officers) have an objection? My father is working (although he is nearing his retirement age) and my mom is a housewife. One of my brothers is still in Lahore with them (studying) but two of my brothers along with me are in Canada. We showed a lot of links - father's pay stubs, properties etc and then of course my brother's pay stubs here in Calgary etc. I have no idea what is making them hold their passports. Any ideas??? Any suggestions? Could it be that they have a problem with the medical that was done? The doctor didn't mention anything and there is no serious medical condition anyway - just blood pressure and diabetes. I am really at a loss - have no idea where we went wrong.
What number did you call? I have tried calling them but I am not able to talk to a live person. My father medical was done on Sept 3rd.

sthaeem

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
adzees said:
You should contact CIC islamabad. My mother send the passport back around the same date, and she got her passport back stamped with visa in 20 days.
Good to know that your mother got the visa. Can you share your timeline please.

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
sthaeem said:
Good to know that your mother got the visa. Can you share your timeline please.
Send application on june 6 2012
Medical request on aug 28 2012
Medical done on sept 6 2012
Send passport back sept 12 2012
Passport receieved with visa on oct 2 2012

kwaheed

Aug 30, 2012
My Understanding is that Medical letter is not issued until other inquiries are completed. For super visa most of the requirements are for person sponsoring (me) to prove, it is easier and quicker to get all the required information verified and only after all requirements are completed and visa officer is satisfied with the paperwork, they issue medical request. What is left after that is only medical requirement to be completed. Is this the case or am i wrong in thinking this?

syedjafri81

Sep 21, 2012
Salam guys,
I am hoping to apply for my parents' supervisa - dad retired, mom still working as a teacher.

Mom and Dad had permanent residency but lost it when they didnt stay long enough.

Can someone recommend what documents I can provide that would establish a strong case for their supervisa ?

Any help would be much appreciated.

kwaheed

Aug 30, 2012
this is absolutely ridiculous . There is no way to get any information or contact CHC islamabad.
It has been more then 45 days since my parents sent passports after medical and still no reply of any sorts. are they sleeping ?

sthaeem

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
kwaheed said:
this is absolutely ridiculous . There is no way to get any information or contact CHC islamabad.
It has been more then 45 days since my parents sent passports after medical and still no reply of any sorts. are they sleeping ?
I am in the same boat. Medical done on Sept 3rd and still no response. I have sent them an email. You can also try contacting them thru:
Fax: +92-51-208-6914
Email: islamabad-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

kwaheed

Aug 30, 2012
I was wondering if there is any source within Canada we can contact for information? My parents have their tickets booked for 13th of Nov and so is the insurance. Now i will have to pay good chunk of money to change the flight dates and insurance dates. but the worst part is i dont know how much should i extend ? This is really crazy. Arrogance is unbelievable.

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
kwaheed said:
I was wondering if there is any source within Canada we can contact for information? My parents have their tickets booked for 13th of Nov and so is the insurance. Now i will have to pay good chunk of money to change the flight dates and insurance dates. but the worst part is i dont know how much should i extend ? This is really crazy. Arrogance is unbelievable.
No one would be able to give you any details except the embassy herself. I know it is frustrating, but this is what it is. You should not have booked the ticket before getting the visa. It is a well known fact NOT to make any travel arrangements before getting visa. You cannot question anyone about the processing delay, unfortunately.

As for the insurance, you should not be paying any fees for the change in dates. I changed mine three times without any charges.

kwaheed

Aug 30, 2012
My mistake was that i believed in 77 days that CHC website says it takes for visitor visa and booked the tickets. I will have to cancel them now. 77 days is the longest time of all CHCs over the world! but even then CHC Islamabad is not capable of doing their jobs with in that time period.
Another frustrating point is that i am tax paying Canadian CItizen, paying exuberant amount of tax and in return getting this kind of service. IT was not like this before. when i applied for my immigration everything went according to the time frame CHC depicted which clearly is not the case now a days.

sthaeem

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
kwaheed said:
My mistake was that i believed in 77 days that CHC website says it takes for visitor visa and booked the tickets. I will have to cancel them now. 77 days is the longest time of all CHCs over the world! but even then CHC Islamabad is not capable of doing their jobs with in that time period.
Another frustrating point is that i am tax paying Canadian CItizen, paying exuberant amount of tax and in return getting this kind of service. IT was not like this before. when i applied for my immigration everything went according to the time frame CHC depicted which clearly is not the case now a days.
Assalam U Alaikum,
I understand your frustration. I am in the same boat. I applied for my father on May 28th and medical was doen on Sept 3rd and still waiting for response.

As far as processing times are concerned, CIC website clearly states the following:
"The tables below indicate application processing times at Canadian visa offices outside Canada. The times are based on how long it took to process 80 percent of all cases between July 1, 2011 and June 30, 2012. Processing times are subject to change."

This is what I understood: So, this is not the time an application has to be processed. This is just an estimation.