08-04-2017
Med's Request
22-08-2017
Med's Done....
09-11-2017
Passport Req..
06/11/2017
Hi loa dear,

I don't know anything abut visa extension process as I haven't done it personally. I would suggest that you google it (I can't paste any links here)
or contact CIC help desk and they should be able to direct you.

lola dear said:
Hello everyone! :)

Thanks, TorontoY3K for sharing. This will be a big help to everybody who are applying for super visa.

I have a question. What if the parent/grandmother is already here in Canada holding a visitor visa. I will apply for super visa as extension of stay since Im helping my daughter in taking care of my grandson. Are we gonna use the same format? or the format you posted is applicable only for applying outside Canada?

Thank you very much :)

huzcan

May 6, 2013
Thanks Toronto,

Does she have to carry all 5K with her? Do they ask for it at the airport ?

Thanks
Huz
TorontoY3K said:
RE: huzcan

Yes, you do have to show the funds back home. For my mom I only showed $3000 in funds. I know a family friend who applied without showing the fund back home and the visa was rejected for that reason. I think $5000 to $10,000 should be sufficient.

For duration, you can put any amount but I have read in this forum that putting 6 months or so will have better chance. Either way super visa will be given until the passport expiry date so you don't have to worry about extending the visa.

lola dear

Mar 7, 2016
TorontoY3K said:
Hi loa dear,

I don't know anything abut visa extension process as I haven't done it personally. I would suggest that you google it (I can't paste any links here)
or contact CIC help desk and they should be able to direct you.
Thank you very much for the reply. I appreciated your response :)

halffedelf

May 15, 2015
Thanks for the great post! My wife is in the similar situation - only daughter, widowed mother, previously rejected for a visitor visa mentioning too strong ties to Canada.

I was wondering how did you approach the MP? Are you in Toronto? Any guidance to do that will be great!

Apr 24, 2016
Hi TorontoY3K,

Thank you for explaining everything in detail. My Situation is about the same as yours. My Father's application for parent super visa has been rejected twice for the exact same reason as yours. He is retired and they think his ties in Canada are really strong as me and my sister the only two children live in Canada.

I'm now applying for the third time and I'm doing everything that you've suggested here. I've done everything except getting the letter from an MP and I'm going to get it now. However, I have a confusion after reading your invitation letter. Here are my questions:

1. Do we need a cover letter as well with the application? It's not a requirement when submitted via paper but I have seen the option when submitting an online application. If Yes, then should it be written from my side to the department of immigration or from my father's side to explain his intent and his case? I'm using form "Use of a Representative" as I'm collecting all documents & filling out everything for the application.

2. Also, all these points that you've discussed below inside the invitation letter, should they be included in Cover letter or in the Invitation letter? Because, so far all the invitation letters I have seen shared by different people I personally know and who also got the parent visa approved were quite brief. So in your opinion should all the points be discussed in the invitation letter to make a case for my father's application or in the Cover Letter, as I have seen some of the other people doing?

An early reply shall be very helpful.

Thank You!

TorontoY3K said:
I have previously promised that I will submit a detail feed back once my mom got visa. Unfortunately I was busy up until now. I have gotten lots of request for sample invitation letter therefore I am attaching it below. My mom recently became widow and I am the only child so getting super visa was a very challenging. In her first attempt the Super Visa was rejected stating that she has strong ties in Canada. So I decided to hire an immigration lawyer as I was desperate to get her here and also wasn't aware of this forum at that time. The immigration law firm took my money without doing any work and dragged it for ever(I am in the process of trying to get my money back so I will write a detail review about this experience later).

Anyways, after going through this forum and reading all the posts related to super visa application, I was able to successfully submit the application by myself and bring my mom to Canada. A big thanks goes to Gary Goldshmidt from stone-hedgefinancialgroup. After reading his posts in this forum, I contacted him to see if he can provide any specific advise for my case and also to choose appropriate super visa medical insurance package for me. After hearing my story, he advised me to submit specific supporting documents and also told me it's better if I get a supporting letter from my MP. I think that advise made a big difference in my case. Different people may have different issues but getting a letter from MP was the biggest asset in my case. Even though Gary is a insurance broker/financial adviser, he has so much knowledge about immigration as he deals with different type of customers and have heard about many stories like mine. I called him multiple times with many doubts and questions and he always explained to me in details on what should be done. He didn't expect that he will spend his valuable time to provide free advise (nowadays nobody provides free advise. I paid consultation fee to my law firm but it was a joke as I have to tell them what should be done). I am not trying promote Gary here but when a person spend time with you and helps you out without any expectation, you will have to appreciate that.

I am a rookie and there are so many professional advisers in this forum who post lots of valuable information. Just go through them and read them all and submit a strong application which is hard to reject. Any supporting document or evidence you provide will just benefit you (even it may look stupid to you or others). I wish you all the best and if you have any question, you may msg me and I will get back to you at my earliest convenience.

Below list are some of the supporting documents recommended:

1) Asset info -> If he has a land / house under his/her name then provide the deed and certified valuation of the property.
2) Financial status-> Bank statement, pension, fixed deposit & etc
3) Job -> If he/she is currently working / doing any temporary work, then provide proof of that
4) Family -> Does he/she has any son or daughter? or any close family he is living with? Get letters from them stating why he need to be back?
5) Religious ties -> If he/she is member of any religious organization then provide letter or proof from church, temple, mosque & etc
6) Strong Invitation Letter from you stating why you are inviting him? How long he will stay? Why he will be going back? You may list his daily activities and his active life style or any hobbies / work that he enjoys there & etc
7) Letter from your Member of parliament specially if you got rejected in the past for a stupid reason (you have to take all your proof and ask them provide a supporting letter. If you get this letter...you have a very good chance).
8) Any other documents, facts or pictures (not necessary) to prove strong ties back home.

Letter of Invitation Sample:

Date, 201#

The Visa Officer
High Commission of Canada
Immigration Visa Section
City, Country

LETTER OF INVITATION – Full Name of applicant

Dear Sir/Madam:
I am submitting herewith a Letter of Invitation in support of a Super Visa Application for my Applicant’s full nameto facilitate temporary visits to Canada. (Proof of relationship document – son’s birth certificate attached).

This Letter of Invitation provides all the details regarding this proposed visit, with the assurance that the intention for the visit is entirely bona fide and that my Relationship of applicant has every intention of returning to her/his home and life in Home Country Name, and leave Canada in accordance with the visa regulations.

Reason and Duration of This Visit
I am extending this invitation to my Relationship of Applicant, for a duration, month visit to take place from Month Year to Month Year. , At the end of the visit she/he, will go back to name of home country, as (provide any important reason(s) for return) ,. I/we, have resided in Canada for number, years, and as the son/daughter, of my Relationship of Applicant,, it is my sincere wish that she/he, be permitted to visit me here so she/he, can see my home, become acquainted with my friends/relatives and tour this beautiful country. I/we, will host my Applicant, during this visit and bear all expenses related to food, accommodation and travel, including airfare for this visit. (A copy of my “applicant’s relationship” return travel booking is attached).

Visitor’s Background and Establishment of Residence in HomeCountry

(In this section, explain where the applicant is located, what he/she does for living, job, hobbies, activities, volunteer work, member of any organization (including religious organization) & etc. ,

(Also provide financial / property asset info & previous travel history,

Financial Assets include land and a home in (City, valued at (amount in local currency, (Dollar value $####CAD). In addition she/he maintains an average balance of (bank balance in local or Canadian currency) at the (Bank Name) ,. (She/he, leads a comfortable life on what (she/he, has and I am financially well-established and in a position to provide any additional financial support (she/he, needs. ( (Deed and Government certified Valuation of the Home and proof of Bank Balance attached),.

Visitor’s Travel History
My (Applicant, has previously travelled to (Country, in Year[/color], on holiday visas to visit ( (whomever) or tour, (refer attached document (Travel History – attach photocopy of any previous visa from passport (even if it is from expired passport))

Inviter’s Details and Establishment in Canada
I have resided in Canada since (Year) . I am single/married and own my own house/apartment. I have been employed for over # years with company name as your position at a total annual income of approximately $##### a year. It has always been my sincere wish that my relationship of applicant who have sacrificed so much for me/my family are able to visit me/us and spend time to with me/us to witness in person how well I/we have settled. You may further explain why they should visit you? Eg: to see grandchildren, attend birthday function, anniversary & etc
(Proof of Canadian citizenship, employment and financial documents attached).

I am capable and committed to hosting my Relationship of Applicant during her stay and bear all expenses related to this visit including her airfare to Canada and back to home country

I clearly meet the financial criteria for the Super Visa and will purchase the required Medical Insurance. (Refer attached Medical Insurance document) You must attach a copy of 1 year super visa medical insurance.

Additional Information and Commitment to Return to Home Country
Explain why he/she won’t stay in Canada. Why she/he will be going back home and when? Think about all possible reasons and clearly explain.

Eg: Have daughter, son, granddaughter/son, property & etc back home. If she/he has any other commitments back home. If she/he is part of any organization/volunteer work and her/his role/activity in the organization & why they need him/her back & etc.

I would also like to state that she cannot stay too long in Canada as she must be back in Home Country as (Provide the reasons for her/his return)

My Applicant leads a very contented & comfortable life in Home Country in her own home and gets all necessary support & love from daughter/son. She/he has never been keen to uproot herself/himself and come to Canada. As her son/daughter I always wished to share my success and wellbeing with my parents and requested them to visit me so that they can share this joy with me. (If her/his application was previously rejected, explain the reason for rejection and why she/he should be considered for getting a visa)

I believed the Super Visa was well suited to my Relationship of Applicant, who prefers not to uproot herself from Home Country and would still like to visit me periodically and spend time with me,

You have the fullest assurance from both my Relationship of Applicant and myself, which you can consider as a guarantee, that this is a request for a genuine, temporary visit and that we will abide by the terms of temporary visa issued and my son will conclude this visit successfully.
Thank you for your favorable consideration of this request, and granting of a Super Visa to my Relationship of Applicant so she can fulfill my wish that she is given the opportunity to visit my home in Canada.
Sincerely,
Your Name
Address
Email
Phone

ade101

Apr 24, 2014
Hi Toronto Y3k, thank you so much for taking the time to explain things to details. Gary is really awesome, he and lots of people on this forum helped me successfully put together my application two years ago. I would appreciate it if you can advise me, I'm about to extend my mum's visa and I'm not sure of what to put when it comes to why we are extending her stay. Also do I need to show proof of funds from her account back home? Even though shes been here for two years. I would really appreciate it if you can please advise me

TorontoY3K

Dec 8, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Colombo
App. Filed.......
25-03-2017
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Request
22-08-2017
Med's Done....
09-11-2017
Passport Req..
06/11/2017
Hi ade101,

Sorry i was away and couldn't get back to your earlier. Normally the Super visa is given until the expiry of the passport. They are allowed to stay in the country for maximum of 2 years and right after that they will have to get out of the country and return back (it could be even next day). I am not sure how or why your mom only got 2 year visa. Please double check the visa wasn't given until the passport expiry date. If she only got 2 year visa then you may try to extend it by applying while she is here but I am not sure if she still has to go out of the country and come back. You may try to get US visa and cross the boarder and come back...although I am not really sure about it. Someone in this forum can comment or you can call CIC helpdesk and inquire about it. Good luck.

Dreams123

Aug 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TorontoY3K said:
Hi ade101,

Sorry i was away and couldn't get back to your earlier. Normally the Super visa is given until the expiry of the passport. They are allowed to stay in the country for maximum of 2 years and right after that they will have to get out of the country and return back (it could be even next day). I am not sure how or why your mom only got 2 year visa. Please double check the visa wasn't given until the passport expiry date. If she only got 2 year visa then you may try to extend it by applying while she is here but I am not sure if she still has to go out of the country and come back. You may try to get US visa and cross the boarder and come back...although I am not really sure about it. Someone in this forum can comment or you can call CIC helpdesk and inquire about it. Good luck.
Hi TorontoY3K

I came to Canada on student visa in May 2011 and Dec 2015, i became PR. In my family, i have my mother, father and one younger sister(10 years). I wanted to apply for visit visa for my mother and sister but problem is my father doesn't live with us due to personal reasons. We don't even have any contact with him.

My questions are:

(1) Do i need to submit any documents or passport copy for my dad too? I won't be able to provide it.

(2) My mother doesn't have any property on her name. What should i do in this case? I have seen everybody mentioning property documents. She have funds to show but not property.

(3) Since i am applying for my mother and sister and i talked to some travel agents in India, they said sister needs to stay in India - in order to get visitor visa for my mom but my sister is just 10 years old and there is nobody who can look after her which is another a weak point for this case. CIC can think that they won't go back because they don't have strong ties.

The reason i wanted my mom and sister to visit me is because i recently got PR and a new job. I wanted to share this happiness with them. I am starting my new job from next month onwards and it will be difficult for me to ask for vacations in the beginning. From past 5 years, i have visited India 3 times. Now it's been 1 and half year and i wanted to see them. Their intentions are not to stay here because my sister is in school and i wanted to her to come here during her summer vacations.

Please advice.

ade101

Apr 24, 2014
Thank you dear. I got the visa visa extension approval. I only said mum will be spending more time with us. I didn't have to show proof of funds except mine and hubby, then insurance for sure.

Reactions: NancyGamilla

kahiar

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2011
AOR Received.
PER 17-11-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with APP
Med's Request
30-01-2012
Med's Done....
16-02-2012 - Rec. by VO 28-02-2012 - Ecase Updated w/Med Rec line 19-03-2012
Passport Req..
PPR1 28-03-2012 -- PPR2 17-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2012
Hi Y3K. I just wanted to ask what sort of endorsement/support can one expect from the MP? Did you MP write a letter in support of your application? if yes, what kind of content did it contain?

Additionally, which were the 'specific' supporting documents that Gary advised you to provide (which you possibly did not include previously).

I am in a situation very similar to yours and would love to hear from you. Any information is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Umesh1985

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
Med's Done....
9 March
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015( DM - 4 Feb 2015 ) ( In Process - 20 Nov 2014 )
kuljit said:
Hi Thank you
Its was great info
Can you please tell about online submission.do i have to make an acount in my cic?
Or its from my parents?
Does super visa invitation letter need to be notorized

rakibcsebuet

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
Hey there,

While applying online for my parents super visa, I see "Purpose of Travel - Other (required)" in the required document section which includes this:

Document: Purpose of Travel - Other

You must submit proof that you are coming to Canada for a temporary visit.

Examples of what you can provide as proof:

A scanned copy of:

Your flight ticket departing Canada,
Your travel itinerary (e.g. places you will visit or stay, such as hotel booking),
Proof of a medical appointment.

My question, do I have to purchase the air ticket for my parents even before applying or getting the visa?

Can anyone please explain this to me?

Thanks in advance.

Rachel4511

Oct 14, 2016
It really confuses me that they would decline someone for having too close of ties in Canada when CIC promotes getting a Super Visa while waiting for Sponsorship approval. My parents have other children in Australia and will still have an Australian bank account but my mum will be receiving her Australian pension so I hope there wont be any issues. We don't want to wait up to 5 years for the sponsorship to be approved before they come here.

When applying, my mother will be the main applicant as she is my mother and her husband is my step dad, will she just add him as a family member correct? He isn't going to be disqualified because he isn't technically my parent right?

sindhugururaj

Dec 5, 2014
Hi TorontoY3K

my dads visitor visa was rejected twice inspite of showing proof of funds, assests, but no travel history.
do you recommend applying for super visa?

thanks