+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - Post September 7 Applications

wink

May 25, 2021
I submitted my parents supervisa on 10th Feb,2021, but no update since biometrics on 5th Aug.

So, I've finally re-applied again on 10th Oct through new portal. This is really very confusing at the moment. Though the Supervisa applications should be considered as immediate family members re-unite, but still there is a long pending pile of Supervisa files too.

TImeline:
Supervisa File Re-Applied : 10th Oct,2021
So the premium paid for the medical insurance goes waste in this case?

abiisharma

Star Member
Mar 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So the premium paid for the medical insurance goes waste in this case?
Medical Insurance Dates can be extended as the parties are not available in Canada. The main concern is Medical validity which is of one-year and would required to be done again if it expires.

abiisharma

Star Member
Mar 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Supervisa can also apply for grandparents who are actually extended family members. Therefore, IRCC can't automatically assume whether the super visa applicant is a parent or grand parent.
Agreed. However, it does come under extended family category which I assume is under latest guidelines to apply visa for family unification.

guneet2027

May 26, 2017
I submitted my parents supervisa on 10th Feb,2021, but no update since biometrics on 5th Aug.

So, I've finally re-applied again on 10th Oct through new portal. This is really very confusing at the moment. Though the Supervisa applications should be considered as immediate family members re-unite, but still there is a long pending pile of Supervisa files too.

TImeline:
Supervisa File Re-Applied : 10th Oct,2021
Hello @abiisharma - Did you also submitted upfront medicals at the time of initial application in February. Please let us know on how your new application progresses. Thanks

swordenium

Aug 18, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
03-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2019
LANDED..........
24-09-2019
Agreed. However, it does come under extended family category which I assume is under latest guidelines to apply visa for family unification.
It does but there is inherently no way to conclude from the definition of super visa whether the submitted application was by a parent or grandparent unless one opens the application and reads through the invitation letter and proof of relationship. Also, if you have noticed, one must need a written authorization letter for extended family members for family reunification. Therefore, probably case processing officers can’t determine the nature of relationship just from the title of super visa whether to process immediately or not. Hence I assume they are asking to reapply. This is my guess.

Reactions: abiisharma

xrypto

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
Oct 16 - Applied Supervisa for both parents with upfront Medical exam.
Oct 18 - Biometric request
Nov 25 - Appointment taken for Biometrics
Oct 18 - Submitted webform requesting extension of time to submit biometrics
Oct 19 - Ghost update.

Reactions: swordenium

abiisharma

Star Member
Mar 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It does but there is inherently no way to conclude from the definition of super visa whether the submitted application was by a parent or grandparent unless one opens the application and reads through the invitation letter and proof of relationship. Also, if you have noticed, one must need a written authorization letter for extended family members for family reunification. Therefore, probably case processing officers can’t determine the nature of relationship just from the title of super visa whether to process immediately or not. Hence I assume they are asking to reapply. This is my guess.
Well that is what I assumed and re-applied. But there is funny thing happened though. Beside my parents super-visa application, we also applied visitor visa for my Wife's parents (immediate family member) and brother (extended family member). Out of all applications, extended family member received the passport request yesterday; while immediate family member files are still in progress :) So, you can't be 100% what they say and do :)

swordenium

Aug 18, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
03-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2019
LANDED..........
24-09-2019
Well that is what I assumed and re-applied. But there is funny thing happened though. Beside my parents super-visa application, we also applied visitor visa for my Wife's parents (immediate family member) and brother (extended family member). Out of all applications, extended family member received the passport request yesterday; while immediate family member files are still in progress :) So, you can't be 100% what they say and do :)
Let me know your timeline for SuperVisa through new IRCC portal.

maverick601

Oct 4, 2007
Hi, can you please let me know what site I should apply for a supervisa for my mom? Is it the old way (IRCC account)? Or is it the new portal?
If the new portal; in the very first page they seem to be be treating visitor n supervisa as the same...where do i distinguish it as a supervisa?
Thanks.

swordenium

Aug 18, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
03-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2019
LANDED..........
24-09-2019
Medical (upfront): Jan 15, 2021
Applied: Feb 3, 2021
Bio-metrics Request: Feb 4, 2021
Bio-metrics Submitted and Updated on Profile: Feb 9, 2021
Application resubmitted using IRCC Poral: 23-10-2021
Status: Picked up biometrics previously, waiting for eligibility review to start.

angel1719

Oct 25, 2015
- Date of Application Submitted/AOR: 30 Sep 2021
- Biometric Requested: 2nd Oct 2021
- Biometric Submitted: 7th Oct 2021
- Biometric Updated in Portal: 7th Oct 2021
- Medical Requested or Date of Upfront Medicals: Upfront sometime in Sep
- Medical Completed: Sep 2021
- Medical Passed: Not yet
- Additional Information (if any): Father (ex govt employee) - widowed
- Passport Request (PPR) Date: --
- Visa Office (if known): Guess New Delhi (India)

The status shows: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

swordenium

Aug 18, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
03-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2019
LANDED..........
24-09-2019
@abiisharma did application eligibility review start for your application?