+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa (October 2019)

supervisaapplicant

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Dear All,

I am starting a new thread pertinent to Super Visa applications submitted in October 2019 (Online or Paper based). Please put down your timelines here so to help each other with an update also clarify prospective applicants doubts.

My parent's timeline is as follows:

Applied Super Visa Online: 19th Oct
Biometric was already given two years ago though visa was refused-TRV)

Thanks and all the best to each of us.

supervisaapplicant

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Has anyone applied a super visa in October 2019, lets unite here and start building this thread to help each other keeping a track of timelines and clear any doubts.
Thanks

Nish01

Jul 31, 2019
Hi,
I applied my mum's Supervisa on the 5th of September 2019.She previously did biometrics and we did upfront medicals which was submitted with the application.
Till now,no updates...still waiting .Its been almost 6 weeks now.

supervisaapplicant

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Hi,
I applied my mum's Supervisa on the 5th of September 2019.She previously did biometrics and we did upfront medicals which was submitted with the application.
Till now,no updates...still waiting .Its been almost 6 weeks now.
Hi,
Previously did biometrics.....was the app refused or approved? Also if you pls share if that was a TRV or super visa.

What is the average processing of super visa for your country?

Nish01

Jul 31, 2019
We previously applied for visitor’s visa which was refused for travel history.So now,we were advised to apply for the supervisa instead for my mum.On the site,processing times show 124 days.

Nish01

Jul 31, 2019
Though I must add that we initially didn’t include my parents business documents and statements as ties.Hubby and I used our financials here in Canada to cover all her expenses but I guess it wasn’t enough.

supervisaapplicant

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Though I must add that we initially didn’t include my parents business documents and statements as ties.Hubby and I used our financials here in Canada to cover all her expenses but I guess it wasn’t enough.
Honestly, I don't understand VOs' operations, policies, SOPs etc. whatever they call it. Similar to you, I also applied TRV for my parents earlier and it was refused due to lack of non sufficient income from my side (host) though TRV is based on applicant's ties and financials and host provides only the invitation letter including boarding and lodging.

In your earlier case as you said, financials from your mother's side were not provided however host's documents were provided still the application was refused. I would say its an irony on VOs part that they don't realize that there is a huge effort to put the application in order.

Anyhow lets hope for the best!!!

fillinspace

Oct 18, 2019
Application Submitted - 16th September, 2019
Biometrics Done - 23rd September
Medicals Done (without letter or asking) - 14th October
Medical passed - 24th October

supervisaapplicant

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Guys my parents have not gone through the medicals as we have requested only three weeks to spend with me and my family.

I saw someone's post on this forum that VO usually requests medical for duration longer than 6 month.

What do you guys recommend, shall we also go through the medicals upfront???

fillinspace

Oct 18, 2019
Guys my parents have not gone through the medicals as we have requested only three weeks to spend with me and my family.

I saw someone's post on this forum that VO usually requests medical for duration longer than 6 month.

What do you guys recommend, shall we also go through the medicals upfront???
I believe you need medicals for supervisa irrespective of the length of stay. We did not disclose how long my parents gonna stay but we still needed medicals.

Reactions: supervisaapplicant

supervisaapplicant

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
I believe you need medicals for supervisa irrespective of the length of stay. We did not disclose how long my parents gonna stay but we still needed medicals.
By the way, did you receive any correspondence related to medical request?

I know you guys did medical upfront but I guess the medical request still shows as a step into GCKey portal and then immediately it shows medical results received

supervisaapplicant

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Hi guys,

I have a query, shall we go for the medical before VO requests for it OR wait for the med requisition?

I read somewhere on this forum that VO requests for medical if intended stay is more than 6 months. We mentioned a stay of 3 weeks so I was wondering that why go for upfront medical. I checked with medical centre and they do not have any idea about it. So I thought why bother my parents now if god forbid visa is going to be refused (god forbid).

By the way, does receiving of medical request guarantees that visa is approved and stamping is subject to passing of medical only?