+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

ahmadaziz

Jun 27, 2018
hello there,

could you pls list all the docs required? thank you so much.
1. Copies of all passports of primary applicant (parents/grand parents)
2. Copy of another national identity card
3. Proof of family ties in home country (proof of assets/property, family registration certificate that shows relation ship of the family members)
4. Letter stating reason of visit to canada
5. Invitation letter from person inviting parents/grand parents to Canada
6. Proof of medical insurance purchased in Canada
7. Digital photo
8. Copy of passport and PR card for the person inviting parents/grand parents to Canada
9. Proof of funds to support the parent’s stay in Canada
10. There are are couple of forms that come with the application. Those need to be filled out and submitted along with the application

This is all i can remember right now.

Thanks
Ahmad

Reactions: primaz and salimnw
Aug 31, 2018
Hi @Bryanna

What do you are the chances of getting a supervisa approved with this situation:

*Mother in law already went to Canada 2014 and stayed for 1 year and 3 months under supervisa

*Mother in law has a paralyzed husband back home, an 18 year old son, a 24 year old son and a 6 months old grand daughter

*Mother in law has two children in Canada

*The son who sponsored her did not meet the LICO for NOA 2017 because he just received his open permit last december 2017 and thats when he started working and paying his tax

*The son’s current salary does meet the LICO but not the NOA 2017

*The son showed a bank statement of only $900

*The son said in the invitation letter that the sister who is partially blind wants to spend time with the mother.

*the son said in the invitation letter that the kom will stay for 2 years

*the son said in the letter that he is staying in the aunt’s hous and with the family of the aunt and grandparents

What do you think of trhe chances? Although the mom has strong ties back home, do you think the officer will still consider the partially blind daughter in Canada?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi @Bryanna

What do you are the chances of getting a supervisa approved with this situation:

*Mother in law already went to Canada 2014 and stayed for 1 year and 3 months under supervisa

*Mother in law has a paralyzed husband back home, an 18 year old son, a 24 year old son and a 6 months old grand daughter

*Mother in law has two children in Canada

*The son who sponsored her did not meet the LICO for NOA 2017 because he just received his open permit last december 2017 and thats when he started working and paying his tax

*The son’s current salary does meet the LICO but not the NOA 2017

*The son showed a bank statement of only $900

*The son said in the invitation letter that the sister who is partially blind wants to spend time with the mother.

*the son said in the invitation letter that the kom will stay for 2 years

*the son said in the letter that he is staying in the aunt’s hous and with the family of the aunt and grandparents

What do you think of trhe chances? Although the mom has strong ties back home, do you think the officer will still consider the partially blind daughter in Canada?
Your fiancee's mother has very little chance of approval and committing misrepresentation when he just got his PR back after H&C is just stupid. You've already been told that. He needs to declare you (if you are common law) and your baby. He doesn't have enough savings. He doesn't even have enough funds to pay for the insurance or the flight. He didn't meet LICO for last year. Doesn't have his own apartment. His mother has no savings. Leaving your paralyzed husband for 2 years isn't very strong ties. Don't listen to the consultants they just want your money and you don't have the money to spend on that fee. If your fiancee meets LICO for 3 people next year and has much more savings he will have a chance at getting supervisa. I'm sorry to be direct but it seem pretty clear that you don't fit the requirements for supervisa.

Aug 31, 2018
Your fiancee's mother has very little chance of approval and committing misrepresentation when he just got his PR back after H&C is just stupid. You've already been told that. He needs to declare you (if you are common law) and your baby. He doesn't have enough savings. He doesn't even have enough funds to pay for the insurance or the flight. He didn't meet LICO for last year. Doesn't have his own apartment. His mother has no savings. Leaving your paralyzed husband for 2 years isn't very strong ties. Don't listen to the consultants they just want your money and you don't have the money to spend on that fee. If your fiancee meets LICO for 3 people next year and has much more savings he will have a chance at getting supervisa. I'm sorry to be direct but it seem pretty clear that you don't fit the requirements for supervisa.
We have been telling the mom that. But she wouldn’t just listen. She thinks that my fiancee doesn’t want her to go here. We told her that my fiancee needs to build his finances first. We also applied for a mortgage and told her that we can sponsor her next year. But she’s very stubborn. So my fiancee gave up and just gave all the docs the agency asked us to produce. But my fiancee warned her mom and told her not to blame him if things did not turn out the way she wants it.

I will post an update on what will happen. Thank You

JLooby

Apr 19, 2018
Quite the backlog for Supervisas eh ?

When i applied in July, it was 60 days for processing (via the check processing times weblink)
Right now, it says 70.
Just for fun i called in to inquire about my mum's supervisa, and they said it's currently 83 days. ugh !

arahmankhan

Oct 1, 2018
Does anyone in group have information about parents super visa renewal or extension within Canada? Can we renew super visa within Canada or we can just obtained an extension. Thanks

malwai3x

Star Member
May 18, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-05-2014
Doc's Request.
24-10-2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
17-10-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2015
Med's Done....
Nov 2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2015
LANDED..........
June 2015
Hello All,
I have a question for all champion members or who have experienced similar situation.
I had applied for my mom's Super Visa on Aug 30 at Chandigarh VAC, India (paper application). So far there was no communication/acknowledgement email from Visa office. But today i checked the application status on VFS website using trakcing number and it show following message:

Visa application, tracking ID No.********************* – Passport has been couriered from the Canada Visa Application Centre, on 04/10/2018 vide courier partner. To track the status of the shipment, please visit courier partner website.

Can anyone please tell me what is the outcome in a case like this generally? Because last time I applied for a visitor visa and it was rejected and we got a rejection email before getting the passport back and I guess VAC has stopped sending rejection letters on paper.

Also, I have no clue how to track the passport shipment. The AWB number provided on the application receipt is yielding no results.
Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

primaz

Sep 13, 2018
Saskatchewan
1. Copies of all passports of primary applicant (parents/grand parents)
2. Copy of another national identity card
3. Proof of family ties in home country (proof of assets/property, family registration certificate that shows relation ship of the family members)
4. Letter stating reason of visit to canada
5. Invitation letter from person inviting parents/grand parents to Canada
6. Proof of medical insurance purchased in Canada
7. Digital photo
8. Copy of passport and PR card for the person inviting parents/grand parents to Canada
9. Proof of funds to support the parent’s stay in Canada
10. There are are couple of forms that come with the application. Those need to be filled out and submitted along with the application

This is all i can remember right now.

Thanks
Ahmad

thank you so much... do you still have your Proof of family ties in home country? do you mind to send it to me so i can use it as a sample. my email is supervisa1818@gmail.com.
thank u so much for your help.

Last edited:

anzee84

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
Saskatchewan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good Morning,

I have few questions related to Super visa actually. First i am applying for my mother in law visa, so should i be writing a letter of invitation or my spouse needs to do that? Secondly, she is a housewife so how it will affect the application because i am the sole bread winner of my house and how it will affect the situation? Third thing is, I made her profile online and the form which i got doesn't say Supervisa it says "Application for visitor visa (Temporary Resident Visa) - IMM 5257e", so is that the correct form? Thanks and all of your advice will be highly appreciated.
Thanks.

chrism22

Sep 27, 2013
App. Filed.......
23-11-2017
Med's Request
29-11-2017
Med's Done....
14-12-2017
Hi Everybody,

I need your help friends, My Parents got their SuperVisa...yahoo, but My dad is kind off cant walk that far and gets really tired and thats giving me a problem about travelling from the Philippines to Toronto Canada. I just started a new job and I dont really have a time off to go there and bring them here just to help my dad travel, Is it possible to bring someone from there like my brother or my sister just to assisst my dad, and if Yes, how to do it, what are the requirements or VIsa needed, because I cant really apply Him/her thru SuperVIsa, please shed some lights on this matter. I really appreciate all the help I can get, thanks in advance

chrism22

Sep 27, 2013
App. Filed.......
23-11-2017
Med's Request
29-11-2017
Med's Done....
14-12-2017
Where to add insurance document? , I can’t see any option in my online supervisa checklist for insurance upload.Is there option for insurance upload or not?
I think you can Upload it as an additional Documents