alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
Yes, please email this information to the visa office. It is critical for the LICO calculations
Hi @Bryanna , I also forgot to mention our family size in invitation letter. I just mentioned that my mother wants to meet our son and just provide myself and my wife's details as host. Didn't mention anywhere in letter that we are family of three in Canada. Should I be worried?
My mother applied with upfront medical on July 16 online from Pakistan. However, just an eligibility section updated to in review on August 2nd and it still shows we do not your medical. Please advise.

Last edited:

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
My mother got supervisa approval. I have query regarding her visit:

She is currently working in govt job in India and now wants to take premature retirement (1 yr earlier than her supposed to time)

Can somebody advise if it will be a problem at port of entry, visa officer may think she is coming here after taking retirement and may not want to return (although she has no intentions to stay here permanently). Will it be ok if she just takes one way ticket or is it a compulsion to take return ticket? Her passport is expiring in April 2020. She is planning to coming here in Feb 2019 and stay for 2 years (of course she will renew her passport and also apply for super visa extension). Can she do that way?

Or is it better that she should come here this year while she is still working, and stay with us for a month only (she will not get holidays from her job more than that) and then go back, take retirement and then visit us again in Feb 2019. I guess then she can stay for 6 months only? Or is she has a return ticket for a year, the visa officer may grant her 1 year stamp at that time?

@Bryanna Please suggest, Thanks!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi @Bryanna. Good news
Our hard work, patience and your well wishes finally paid off. Got the passport request for my mum. :)So excited to see her soon :)Thanks again for your advice during the process. Really appreciate xx
This is super fantastic news. I'm so happy for you and your mom. Have a wonderful time with her :):)

BTW I have answered your queries on the other thread

Reactions: ankz001

frotenacs

Feb 8, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Submitted an online application for my mother-in-law on July/27 at New Delhi, India office. I just logged in to check the status of the application, and to my surprise I saw "Decision Made - Passport Request" on August/06. That was pretty quick I guess.

Reactions: Pmalhi

Pmalhi

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Submitted an online application for my mother-in-law on July/27 at New Delhi, India office. I just logged in to check the status of the application, and to my surprise I saw "Decision Made - Passport Request" on August/06. That was pretty quick I guess.
Thats awesome, good to see them working fast on some applications.
Ive applied for my mom, its been almost 2 months and file is still under reviewing eligibility status at NDVO.

Andc2

Aug 9, 2018
Sorry for the stupid question... i am trying to apply for a supervisa for my parents but I am already lost trying to sign up online...

I followed the following link to sign up:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/parent-grandparent-super-visa/apply.html

Which directs me to the following site:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

I created a GCKey account but once I signed in there's no option for me to apply for the supervisa... all the options are visas for myself...
Then I tried checking the eligibility as my father but after answering all the questions, it only offers me to apply for the eTA.

Please help...

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Sorry for the stupid question... i am trying to apply for a supervisa for my parents but I am already lost trying to sign up online...

I followed the following link to sign up:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/parent-grandparent-super-visa/apply.html

Which directs me to the following site:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

I created a GCKey account but once I signed in there's no option for me to apply for the supervisa... all the options are visas for myself...
You need to create a new account for your dad (as the principal applicant). Your mom can apply with the same account as your dad's.

Then I tried checking the eligibility as my father but after answering all the questions, it only offers me to apply for the eTA.
What passports do your parents have? Do they have US green cards?

Andc2

Aug 9, 2018
You need to create a new account for your dad (as the principal applicant). Your mom can apply with the same account as your dad's.

What passports do your parents have? Do they have US green cards?
Thanks. I just created a new account for my dad but still after checking his eligibility, I was only offered the eTA. Both my parents have a Hong Kong passport and a British passport (British National Overseas) and they do not have US green cards.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks. I just created a new account for my dad but still after checking his eligibility, I was only offered the eTA. Both my parents have a Hong Kong passport and a British passport (British National Overseas) and they do not have US green cards.
Your parents must apply for eTAs for the passports they intend to travel with/enter Canada.

As for their super visa applications:
They must submit paper applications. Do not apply online. This means you must not use the 'Come to Canada' eligibility tool.

Select the super visa option in the application form.

They do not need to pay the application fees because they are visa exempt, but they will need to pay the VAC/VFS fees.

If approved, they will be issued letters (not PG-1 counterfoils stamped in their passports). They must present these letters to the immigration officer at the POE

Andc2

Aug 9, 2018
Your parents must apply for eTAs for the passports they intend to travel with/enter Canada.

As for their super visa applications:
They must submit paper applications. Do not apply online. This means you must not use the 'Come to Canada' eligibility tool.

Select the super visa option in the application form.

They do not need to pay the application fees because they are visa exempt, but they will need to pay the VAC/VFS fees.

If approved, they will be issued letters (not PG-1 counterfoils stamped in their passports). They must present these letters to the immigration officer at the POE
Thank you!

visalen

Aug 22, 2018
Hi everyone and especially our VIP members @Bryanna & Scylla,

i am preparing super visa application for my father. I have few questions and would like to seek your kind advise.

In the form IMM5257 under the heading funds available for my stay CAD , since i will be paying for his trip,do i need to put any amount in this field ?
Do I need to notarized letter of financial support/ promise letter ?
Does my father needs to sign any form like family information or for Use of Representative if you are applying online ?
Do I need to include an detail itinerary along with invitation letter?

Please assist with these questions.

Thank you so much in advance for your help

visalen

Aug 22, 2018
Hi everyone

Please share your experience, need your advice here

i am preparing super visa application for my father. I have few questions and would like to seek your kind advise.

In the form IMM5257 under the heading funds available for my stay CAD , since i will be paying for his trip,do i need to put any amount in this field ?
Do I need to notarized letter of financial support/ promise letter ?
Does my father needs to sign any form like family information or for Use of Representative if you are applying online ?
Do I need to include an detail itinerary along with invitation letter?

Please assist with these questions.

Thank you so much in advance for your help