+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

nipudhk

Dec 28, 2011
Kuwait
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tigurius said:
The super visa system was intended to reunite parents with their children quicker - the PR (family sponsorship) process only allows 5000 applicants a year - so you have to apply over and over again until they happen to get into that 5000 allowance. So a lot of people (like us) go with the super visa and then when it opens apply for sponsorship - it's currently closed for this year.
Thank you for information.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
nipudhk said:
Dear All,

I'm glad to inform, parents reached Canada safely on last week & got 2 years stamp as they are on Super Visa & my brother & sister in law invited them.

I would like to know something, (need expert advice), Is there anyway, they (brother & sister in law) can apply PR for parents, before finishing 2 years ? any kind of option is there ? Thanks in advance.
I applied to sponsor my mom this year while she was here with me on Super Visa. So, you can certainly apply next year if you meet the criteria. The biggest challenge would be to make it to 5,000 cap.

FYI, this year, the 5000 quota has been filled in first one and half day. So, if you want to make it next year, you have to make sure your application reaches CPC-Mississauga within few hours of CIC reopening PGP for 2016.

SusanG

Apr 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi or Moscow ??
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2009
Doc's Request.
02-08-2013
File Transfer...
08-04-2013
Hi there,

For those how applied for super visa online, I was trying to apply for my in laws through this page

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/supervisa.asp

but the check list I've got does not make any sens .. they did not mention the medical insurance with the supporting documents .. Am I applying in the right place or what ? it dose not seem a super visa it is just like a normal visit visa !! please advice .. Thanks

Tigurius

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
SusanG said:
Hi there,

For those how applied for super visa online, I was trying to apply for my in laws through this page

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/supervisa.asp

but the check list I've got does not make any sens .. they did not mention the medical insurance with the supporting documents .. Am I applying in the right place or what ? it dose not seem a super visa it is just like a normal visit visa !! please advice .. Thanks
You fill out a normal visitors visa form but somewhere hidden deep in there you select what type of application it is and that's where you select "super visa". It's best to apply online that way it guides you through it - there's also a checklist - you must make sure everything is on that check list is done. I suggest finding a place that will do an upfront medical for your family too.

pinkureenu

Jun 29, 2010
Ahmedabad - India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2010
Dear Friends,

My mother got PG1-Visitor Visa for Canada. I m going to book air ticket for her. She is planning to stay Canada for next 2 years.

Here, i am confused for her return ticket booking. As per information available with me, Visitor Visa (six month validity) require return ticket also. But clarity is not there for PG1-Visitor Visa (Parents Super visa).

Can anybody guide me whether Return Ticket is required to book compulsory for person who is going to Canada under PG1-Visitor Visa or not.

Actually i am asking this as she is going alone with one of my relative and we don't want any trouble to her when she reach Canada Airport.

If anybody is having any idea about this, pl guide me at earliest.

We are from Ahmedabad (India)

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
pinkureenu said:
Dear Friends,

My mother got PG1-Visitor Visa for Canada. I m going to book air ticket for her. She is planning to stay Canada for next 2 years.

Here, i am confused for her return ticket booking. As per information available with me, Visitor Visa (six month validity) require return ticket also. But clarity is not there for PG1-Visitor Visa (Parents Super visa).

Can anybody guide me whether Return Ticket is required to book compulsory for person who is going to Canada under PG1-Visitor Visa or not.

Actually i am asking this as she is going alone with one of my relative and we don't want any trouble to her when she reach Canada Airport.

This was asked before several times and no one could come up with perfect solution. I'm from Bangladesh and it's close to impossible to buy one-way ticket to Canada from there. And as my mom was traveling alone with no fluency in English; I bought a one-year valid return ticket for her. Besides, PG1 is after all a VISITOR visa and hence the immigration in Canada can check for return ticket. In my mom's case; they did not. But again, she stayed here only for 3 months on her first visit on PG1, so that was in record. She is here with me for second time in order to stay for 2 years.

toronto30

May 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Parents
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/2009
Doc's Request.
03/2013
File Transfer...
07/30/2013
Med's Request
04 MAR 2015
Med's Done....
May 7, 2015
Interview........
ECAS: Started processing Feb 12, 2015
Passport Req..
August 5, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
10 August 2015
LANDED..........
24 August 2015
pinkureenu said:
Dear Friends,

If it is PG-1 Category, she does not need a return ticket, and you should not be facing problems buying one way tickets as airlines and CBSA are well informed about it. hope this helps.

TO30

pinkureenu

Jun 29, 2010
Ahmedabad - India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2010
Dear TO30

Thanks for response. Is any where on CIC website this information there for NO Return ticket require for PG1 - Visitor Visa ?

Actually i am taking too precaution as my mother is travelling alone so don't want to take risk when she reach Toronto Airport and face any immigration problem.

Regards

toronto30 said:
If it is PG-1 Category, she does not need a return ticket, and you should not be facing problems buying one way tickets as airlines and CBSA are well informed about it. hope this helps.

TO30

saif_21

Jul 24, 2014
Hello All,
Can someone help me out with the following regarding Super Visa application for my mother:

- Purpose of visit?

She was refused VISITOR visa in last July because of the following reasons:

1- Purpose of visit (I (Sponsor) mentioned in invitation letter that she was going to visit her son for 6 weeks since I cannot take more than 3 weeks off from work and I would like her to stay with me for approx. 8 weeks)

2- Family ties to Pakistan (even though she explained in her cover letter she has her married son (my older brother & his wife) and two grandchildren ages 1 and 4, her own mother who lives with her. However she is a widow for last 20 years. There is also a handsome amount of commercial property/residential plots/bank balance around $50,000

3- Travel history (we attached 4 previous passport with multiple visits to UK, USA, Netherlands, Italy, umra etc. and didn't attach the other 4 because it would have been too many passports even though she had more UK, USA visas on them)

Recent Update - She holds a 5 year USA visitor visa valid until 2020 now as well

Last year the visa officer didn't have any concerns with her financial assets/ties to home country or the sponsor's assets.

Now I want to apply Super Visa for her. I work as an IT consultant with good pay and bank statement. Any help would be appreciated especially ‘Purpose of visit’ since this was one of the reasons last time and I am not able to come up with a better purpose than to see her son in Canada who can't take more than 3 weeks off in a year. I am little paranoid about it although it was a visitor visa last time.

Thanks,

chrism22

Sep 27, 2013
App. Filed.......
23-11-2017
Med's Request
29-11-2017
Med's Done....
14-12-2017
did anybody tried buying one way ticket for their parents? because if you buy the return tickets and stayed for 2 years (usually ticket is good for a year), $2000 is going to waste , those money can be use for their insurance instead, right?

rrhhdd

Oct 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2014
Doc's Request.
June 10, 2014
AOR Received.
July 02, 2014
File Transfer...
August 25, 2014
Med's Request
April 23, 2015
Med's Done....
May 06, 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jul 14, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
HI,

Can someone ans one of my question. My mom came in canada in Dec 2013 on supervisa, she require to exist in two years time span i.e Dec 2015. My question is can she only cross the canadian border and enter again or she has to go back to home country.

If someone can ans this that would be great help

sssjj

May 14, 2015
aman gill said:
Hey sssjj if u meet lico from year 2014 you can apply now it doesn't matter when you

You became u just need to have your last year 2014 notice of assessment in which you meet lico
Thank you Aman

Jun 8, 2015
Super Visa. 3 weeks a possibility ?

Hello Guys,

Hope someone knows a bit details of SUpervisa processing times from New Delhi.

I applied with complete application package for my mom on 8th June. Considering all my application was fully completed and no documents missing including Pre-Medical assessment, Canadian insurance as required, Flight tickets, etc etc etc.

What are the chances to get visa before 3 weeks ? I already booked the flights on July 2nd so I am kind of very worried. I need her
to take that flight by then for a family function.

Thanks

PD