+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
No, she does not need a transit visa for the stopover in London Heathrow.

In case she has to transfer between terminals then she must take the airport bus (for transfers) to the departure terminal as soon as possible.... I once missed an onward flight because the 2.5 hours connecting time was not sufficient for the transfer and security checks despite jumping the queue

Cheers :)

mikealpha

Apr 14, 2015
Bryanna said:
No, she does not need a transit visa for the stopover in London Heathrow.

In case she has to transfer between terminals then she must take the airport bus (for transfers) to the departure terminal as soon as possible.... I once missed an onward flight because the 2.5 hours connecting time was not sufficient for the transfer and security checks despite jumping the queue

Cheers :)
Thanks Bryanna

:)

klim

Apr 20, 2015
nehamerchant said:
write email to the clinic with details such as name;dob ;pp#;and enquire about the status of medical report, ask them have they forwarded to chc? when you receive reply from them forward it to chc.
Thanks nehamerchant :)

blistex

Star Member
Feb 26, 2011
Edmonton, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I have questions to those who applied for a Supervisa online. Did you buy the medical insurance with the application or waited for the response of CIC? Likewise, I have been trying to submit my parent's application online and had been getting an error or "system down" message for few days now, anybody who has the same problem?

Thanks!

Felixo

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Hi Guys

I have all the documents ready to apply for my mom's super visa except the travel ticket. Is it necessary to book the ticket before applying for super visa? I am not sure if it is mandatory. I read some suggestions that the ticket doesn't need to be booked, a itinerary is enough. But am confused as to how I can get a travel itinerary without a travel ticket.

Please suggest.

Felixo

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Guys,
My brother has sent the sponsorship documents for my mom's super visa. I was assisting my mother to submit the documents and requested the agent to get the insurance done. As I paid for the insurance from my cc the agent booked the insurance without confirming about the sponsor. Now the insurance mentions my name as the sponsor and doesn't mention about my brother.

Do you think it is ok? Or will it be sent back?
I tried to insurance company but couldn't get help as it was a weekend. I had plans of submitting all documents on Monday but I don't think I can do that...

I appreciate your suggestions.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Felixo said:
Hi Guys

I have all the documents ready to apply for my mom's super visa except the travel ticket. Is it necessary to book the ticket before applying for super visa? I am not sure if it is mandatory. I read some suggestions that the ticket doesn't need to be booked, a itinerary is enough. But am confused as to how I can get a travel itinerary without a travel ticket.

Please suggest.
Just a travel itinerary would suffice.

Felixo said:
Guys,
My brother has sent the sponsorship documents for my mom's super visa. I was assisting my mother to submit the documents and requested the agent to get the insurance done. As I paid for the insurance from my cc the agent booked the insurance without confirming about the sponsor. Now the insurance mentions my name as the sponsor and doesn't mention about my brother.

Do you think it is ok? Or will it be sent back?
I tried to insurance company but couldn't get help as it was a weekend. I had plans of submitting all documents on Monday but I don't think I can do that...

I appreciate your suggestions.
Are you sure that medical insurance confirmation page contains info about "Sponsor"? Normally, it would have info about "Person(s) Covered" and "Billed To". The latter wouldn't matter if it were you or your brother or your mom. More importantly, "Person Covered in this Insurance" should be your mom.

blistex

Star Member
Feb 26, 2011
Edmonton, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Felixo said:
Hi Guys

Please suggest.
A travel itinerary is good enough, just ask a travel agent for one. The lady who assisted me just asked for my parent's name and the travel dates. :) no payments made.

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm confused about the purpose of super visa.

my in-laws got super visa 2 years ago, good for 10 years.
They stayed 2 years then went back for 6 months.
they came back 2 weeks ago to stay for another 2 year but CBSA will not give them more than 6 month vistor visa.

agent's reason was that she does not see the reason for them to stay that long as they recently stayed 2 years already.
She suggested to try another time or mail in, maybe some one else will grant them 2 years, but not her...

WHAT?

isn't that the whole purpose of "super visa"?
that they want to visit as often as they want and up to 2 years per visit, without getting hassled?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
kkim604 said:
I'm confused about the purpose of super visa.

my in-laws got super visa 2 years ago, good for 10 years.
They stayed 2 years then went back for 6 months.
they came back 2 weeks ago to stay for another 2 year but CBSA will not give them more than 6 month vistor visa.

agent's reason was that she does not see the reason for them to stay that long as they recently stayed 2 years already.
She suggested to try another time or mail in, maybe some one else will grant them 2 years, but not her...

WHAT?

isn't that the whole purpose of "super visa"?
that they want to visit as often as they want and up to 2 years per visit, without getting hassled?
That's absurd. You/your parents should have asked a written and signed explanation for what she said. What on earth can be a "VALID" purpose of 2-year visit? You have to conceive every time your parents want to visit you?

Anyway, you should contact CIC and ask for explanation.

Yahya Usman

Apr 22, 2015
Hi,

Question to those who applied for Supervisa. i've been working full time as consultant (not permanent employee) for last 8 months and manking good money to sponsor both of my parents (meets LICO). my question is, 8 months of employement is sufficent ?

2ndly. as i am consultant, i dont have last year T4 but i can show bank statement / employer letter and 2104 tax papers (though not enough because i only worked for 3 months in 2014 from Oct - Dec).

any suggestions ? should I move forward ?

Thanks

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Yahya Usman said:
Hi,

Question to those who applied for Supervisa. i've been working full time as consultant (not permanent employee) for last 8 months and manking good money to sponsor both of my parents (meets LICO). my question is, 8 months of employement is sufficent ?

2ndly. as i am consultant, i dont have last year T4 but i can show bank statement / employer letter and 2104 tax papers (though not enough because i only worked for 3 months in 2014 from Oct - Dec).

any suggestions ? should I move forward ?

Thanks
Without NOA or T4 from 2014, it may be hard to prove that you meet LICO. But you can certainly try your luck if you don't want to wait another year by providing:
1. Employment verification letter
2. Recent pay stubs
3. 4~6 months' bank statements
4. A good explanation of why/how you meet LICO in your invitation letter

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
That's absurd. You/your parents should have asked a written and signed explanation for what she said. What on earth can be a "VALID" purpose of 2-year visit? You have to conceive every time your parents want to visit you?

Anyway, you should contact CIC and ask for explanation.
it's so frustrating, how much "Your mileage may vary" factor is in CBSA. It's mind boggling.
doesn't seem to any clear guide lines.
So someone who enters Canada with same super visa and conditions, could get 2 years paper, if they get a nice CBSA agent having a good day?

wtf.....

Yahya Usman

Apr 22, 2015
Rossei said:
Without NOA or T4 from 2014, it may be hard to prove that you meet LICO. But you can certainly try your luck if you don't want to wait another year by providing:
1. Employment verification letter
2. Recent pay stubs
3. 4~6 months' bank statements
4. A good explanation of why/how you meet LICO in your invitation letter
Thanks Rossie, should be receiving 2014 NOA in few weeks.
that means, either NOA or T4 would work ? plus pay stubs and bank statements ?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Yahya Usman said:
Thanks Rossie, should be receiving 2014 NOA in few weeks.
that means, either NOA or T4 would work ? plus pay stubs and bank statements ?
But your 2014 NOA or T4 is not going to help unless your 2014 income was over LICO. So, you have to suffice by providing the documents I mentioned above.