+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

Hope+Faith

Jun 23, 2015
Dear Rossie,
seems like you are the champion of this thread and have the answers to all questions:)
can you please tell me whether I should fill in the current mailing address (box1) under contact information if I provide an email under box 6?
I'm referring to form IMM5257.

thanks so much!

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Hope+Faith said:
Dear Rossie,
seems like you are the champion of this thread and have the answers to all questions:)
can you please tell me whether I should fill in the current mailing address (box1) under contact information if I provide an email under box 6?
I'm referring to form IMM5257.

thanks so much!
I would fill out both.

It doesn't say that if you put an Email Address in Box 6; you don't have to fill out Current Mailing Address in Box 1. It means if you mention an Email Address; all correspondence will be electronic. And if you leave Box 6 empty; CIC will contact you via regular mail/ telephone/ fax whatever you provide/CIC prefers.

Hope+Faith

Jun 23, 2015
Thanks Rosie:)
do you think it makes sense to provide one local number under "telephone no" box and a Canadian number under "alternate telephone" or is that confusing? im just putting my Canadian number as a back up in case cic ever decides to contact by phone and both my parents know zero English:(

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Hope+Faith said:
Thanks Rosie:)
do you think it makes sense to provide one local number under "telephone no" box and a Canadian number under "alternate telephone" or is that confusing? im just putting my Canadian number as a back up in case cic ever decides to contact by phone and both my parents know zero English:(
Back in 2012, when I applied for my mom's Super Visa through local VFS; I put her contact numbers in both. I knew CIC only contacts when they need something (additional doc, passport request, medical request etc.) and it will be done at local visa office. So, there was no point of giving my Canadian phone no.

But it's no biggy. You can use a Canadian number instead.

saif_21

Jul 24, 2014
Hi,

Can someone please help me with the following for parent supervisa

- what should I put for my mother purpose of visit as it says the visa officer considers the 'purpose of your visit'

- what should be safe duration of the visit? I would like her to stay with me for at least 3 months. Is it safe to put 3 or 6 months?

- is it necessary you provide the exact date of travel? Or just saying middle of September arrival until December is safe to put in the form? I would like her to come in September but don't have the exact dates.

Please help

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Hope+Faith said:
Can I make changes to a completed application after I have validated it?
You can validate a form multiple times before you finally upload (online application) or submit (paper application).

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
saif_21 said:
- what should I put for my mother purpose of visit as it says the visa officer considers the 'purpose of your visit'
I've heard about a separate document 'Purpose of your Visit' that may/may not need to be uploaded for online application. I never applied online; so cannot say anything about it. But if you're referring to Box-1, Details of visit to Canada, Page:2 of IMM5257 form; then it's simple to choose the drop-down option: Super Visa: For Parents or Grandparents.

- what should be safe duration of the visit? I would like her to stay with me for at least 3 months. Is it safe to put 3 or 6 months?
People often fear that the VO could give regular visit visa instead of Super Visa if you ask to stay anything shorter than 6 months (it happened on few occasions). During my time, IMM5257 didn't have the option of choosing Super Visa (mentioned above). So, to make sure to the VO that we applied for Super Visa; my mom asked for 8 months stay. It's just safer this way (6 months or more).

- is it necessary you provide the exact date of travel? Or just saying middle of September arrival until December is safe to put in the form? I would like her to come in September but don't have the exact dates.
You're good either way. I always put specific dates (there is no harm) which should match with the intended duration of stay.

AMITY

Aug 3, 2011
Hello Everyone,

I would like to share my successfull experience with everyone of you.

Two Rule of Thumb

1] Do not apply online. Apply through VFS.

2] Purchase of Medical Insurance Before Applying. I purchased from the insurance from website (parentsupervisa.com). It could be anyone who provide at the cheapest rate. Generally it cost around $1350 per person per year with zero deductibles. You can shop as per your convenience.

You will need the following documents while applying.

1] Letter of Invitation from your side to parents, stating your wish to invite them and to spend quality time with your family and you will take care of every need.

2] Letter from your side to Visa officer describing the purpose, your family size, your family income. detail about your family like PR or citizen, employer name, annual salary.

3] Letter from your parent side to Visa officer describing financial position provide detail of your property and cash deposits, your social ties with in india like your daughter, your brother, sisters and other childrens.

4] Letter from Chartered accountant with seal stating the valuation of your assets as on date in canadian dollar. Approximate figures will work.

5] Attach all the property papers mentioned in the CA valuation certificate.

6] Letter from your employer stating your designation, tenure, salary and job responsibilities.

7] Bank statement of last 6 months.

8] Pay stubs of last 3-6 months.

9] Copy of you pr card or citizenship proof.

10] Your Birth certificate or Indian passport which show the name of the parents.

11] Notice of assessment is very important document and you should not miss it otherwise even if you attach the employer letter or pay stub still they will ask for it.

Most of the above documents are not in the check list but they would like to see.

It took me 25 days to receive the super visa for my mother.

Best of luck.

:)

adhos

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippine
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-11-2011 (PNP family referral)
Doc's Request.
15-7-2012
Nomination.....
1-5-2013
AOR Received.
10-7-2013
IELTS Request
15-03-2014
File Transfer...
20-08-2014
Med's Request
30-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-05-2015
Interview........
waived!!
Passport Req..
16/06/2015 PP sent by VFS Dhaka on 6/17/2015
VISA ISSUED...
June/2015 Passport reached Dhaka VFS on 5th Aug 2015
LANDED..........
----------
possibly the best check list for supervisa. ^

Tigurius

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Why not online? This is what we did...

AMITY said:
Hello Everyone,

I would like to share my successfull experience with everyone of you.

Two Rule of Thumb

1] Do not apply online. Apply through VFS.

2] Purchase of Medical Insurance Before Applying. I purchased from the insurance from website (parentsupervisa.com). It could be anyone who provide at the cheapest rate. Generally it cost around $1350 per person per year with zero deductibles. You can shop as per your convenience.

You will need the following documents while applying.

1] Letter of Invitation from your side to parents, stating your wish to invite them and to spend quality time with your family and you will take care of every need.

2] Letter from your side to Visa officer describing the purpose, your family size, your family income. detail about your family like PR or citizen, employer name, annual salary.

3] Letter from your parent side to Visa officer describing financial position provide detail of your property and cash deposits, your social ties with in india like your daughter, your brother, sisters and other childrens.

4] Letter from Chartered accountant with seal stating the valuation of your assets as on date in canadian dollar. Approximate figures will work.

5] Attach all the property papers mentioned in the CA valuation certificate.

6] Letter from your employer stating your designation, tenure, salary and job responsibilities.

7] Bank statement of last 6 months.

8] Pay stubs of last 3-6 months.

9] Copy of you pr card or citizenship proof.

10] Your Birth certificate or Indian passport which show the name of the parents.

11] Notice of assessment is very important document and you should not miss it otherwise even if you attach the employer letter or pay stub still they will ask for it.

Most of the above documents are not in the check list but they would like to see.

It took me 25 days to receive the super visa for my mother.

Best of luck.

:)

shazzam

Jun 30, 2015
Hi,
I have sent in an online application for super visa to New Delhi for my parents sometime in February and the last update made was to provide insurance details on 30th March, when they asked for it. It has been 3 months since the application and so far no update! There is no response to email queries, the CIC office in Canada cannot help us and calling the Delhi office also did not result in anything useful.

In the midst of all this applicant's address has changed and my father has retired from his job too. We have so far updated the address change.

Is there any other option than just to wait? I keep reading 'do not apply online for supervisa' - can someone mention why please? Does anyone have any additional information of delays in online application for super visa?

Saeed643

Jul 3, 2015
Hello Everyone,

My Parents recently got their Super Visa (3 years validity per their PP expiration) from Dubai and they are planing to visit us in Toronto in next couple months. Kinldy advise:

1- Is there an issue (from Airline/ Canadaian Immigration side) if they travel on a one-way ticket as they are not able to purchase a return ticket for two years from now?

2- When they arrive in Toronto can they tell visa officer that their intend is to stay for up to 2 years?

Regards.

Jun 17, 2015
I just want to share the timeline of my in laws:

May 29 - application submitted
June 12 - medical request received
June 15 - medical done
June 26 - email received that passports has been dispatched
June 29 - passports picked up

This application is from Manila.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Saeed643 said:
Hello Everyone,

My Parents recently got their Super Visa (3 years validity per their PP expiration) from Dubai and they are planing to visit us in Toronto in next couple months. Kinldy advise:

1- Is there an issue (from Airline/ Canadaian Immigration side) if they travel on a one-way ticket as they are not able to purchase a return ticket for two years from now?
There may not be any problem with Canadian Immigration. But you have to clear this with Airlines/Immigration from where they are departing from.

2- When they arrive in Toronto can they tell visa officer that their intend is to stay for up to 2 years?
They should.