+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

CNF123

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
Dear Rossei, Thank you so much for your reply. Yes, I got PR and working Full time for more than a year. Yes I am also thinking to apply for her supervisa this year.

In your case after rejection for visit visa during your convocation, when did you apply for supervisa? how many months/ years was the gap in between two application? My mom's passport dont have any other country's seal. She has no travel history. What about your mom's travel history? Is she applied from Dhaka? How many months statying duration you mentioned in the invitaion letter for her? Kindly let me know.

I am so worried. As they already reject her visit visa, dont know if luck is gonna favour this time for supervisa.

Thank you,
CNF123
Rossei said:
My mom was rejected as well on eve of my convocation. She was a widow and doesn't have any other children. It's impossible to overcome these.

Anyway, I guess you're working full-time now. Have you got PR already? SuperVisa is only for parents/grand-parents whose children/grand-children are either Canadian PR or Citizens. If you're eligible, I would advise you to go for SuperVisa.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
CNF123 said:
Dear Rossei, Thank you so much for your reply. Yes, I got PR and working Full time for more than a year. Yes I am also thinking to apply for her supervisa this year.

In your case after rejection for visit visa during your convocation, when did you apply for supervisa? how many months/ years was the gap in between two application? My mom's passport dont have any other country's seal. She has no travel history. What about your mom's travel history? Is she applied from Dhaka? How many months statying duration you mentioned in the invitaion letter for her? Kindly let me know.

I am so worried. As they already reject her visit visa, dont know if luck is gonna favour this time for supervisa.

Thank you,
CNF123
Here is my mom's situation:

She applied for visit visa twice in 2008 and 2010 from Dhaka while I was a student here. My dad passed away in 2004 and she had few properties and cash (in name of both of us through inheritance). She neither had any job nor any other children. But she along with my dad, visited more than 15 countries (except North America) in past. When she faced a visa interview (the Canadian Embassy used to be open during that time); she was straight told that she would never come back.

Anyway, we applied for SuperVisa in March, 2012 when I was already a PR and full-time worker. Her situation didn't change and we asked for 8 months' stay. She got visa up to Jan, 2017 (her PP expires same time) within a month.

Now, you can understand that 'SuperVisa' is little different from regular TRV as it largely depends on the sponsor's (you) income and your mom's medical condition. Home ties don't play as a huge factor here as it plays for regular TRV. Because CIC initiated it so that parents can stay up to 2 years (much longer which cannot be justified by 'Home Ties') with their children.

CNF123

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
Dear Rossei,

Thank you very much for the clarification.

Regards,
CNF123

Rossei said:
Here is my mom's situation:

She applied for visit visa twice in 2008 and 2010 from Dhaka while I was a student here. My dad passed away in 2004 and she had few properties and cash (in name of both of us through inheritance). She neither had any job nor any other children. But she along with my dad, visited more than 15 countries (except North America) in past. When she faced a visa interview (the Canadian Embassy used to be open during that time); she was straight told that she would never come back.

Anyway, we applied for SuperVisa in March, 2012 when I was already a PR and full-time worker. Her situation didn't change and we asked for 8 months' stay. She got visa up to Jan, 2017 (her PP expires same time) within a month.

Now, you can understand that 'SuperVisa' is little different from regular TRV as it largely depends on the sponsor's (you) income and your mom's medical condition. Home ties don't play as a huge factor here as it plays for regular TRV. Because CIC initiated it so that parents can stay up to 2 years (much longer which cannot be justified by 'Home Ties') with their children.

cec2325

Mar 4, 2013
Hello all,

I am a PR and i have lived in canada for 8 years. I went to school and now i work at a decent job and make way above LICO. my parents are going apply for trv from India. I have below concerns.

purpose : my graduation ceremony ( I studied 2 years part time at uni while working)

1. I am the only child and my mom is a housewife, hence dependent on my dad. Only my dad's mom live in india with them.(not very strong family ties)
2. My Parents do not own a property and are renting a house. They are planning to show 7000 K in bank account in INR.
3. They do not have any travel history.

Good points
1. My dad is a govt official and 3 years before retirement. He will obviously have to go back to india to his job to get retirement benefits.
2. I am willing to show full financial support (airfare, food, accomodation, misc expense, insurance, and any other cost)

Should I apply for supervisa or TRV ? ( I do meet the eligibility requirement for supervisa)

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
cec2325 said:
Should I apply for supervisa or TRV ? ( I do meet the eligibility requirement for supervisa)
I replied to your PM.

eva88

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2013
Med's Request
24-08-2013
Med's Done....
30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2013
Hi, i have a question. I recently noticed that my mothers name in my fathers passport has a missing alphabet. ( her name is misspelled in my dads passport). However, my passport and birth certificate does matches with her passport name. Is there any problem i could face while applying super visa for my parents ?

AH15

Star Member
Jan 26, 2015
I am looking for cheap health insurance for my in-laws for super visa. I have got the quote from Sun Life Financial which is $930/y for 100 deductible, $744.60/y with 1000 deductible. See the link below -
https: // sunlife.rsatravelinsurance.com/j_travel/app/quote?execution=e1s2
Is it fine for super visa?
Please share if anyone has any good offer.

switchlanes

Star Member
Jan 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2012
Doc's Request.
IELTS
Nomination.....
30-04-2013
AOR Received.
06-07-2012
IELTS Request
06-07-2012
File Transfer...
16-07-2013
Med's Request
06-11-2013
Med's Done....
07-11-2013
Interview........
ecas - in process medical recieved 13-11-2013
Passport Req..
24-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-03-2014
LANDED..........
5/06/2014
Hi everyone,

I need your advise on this, I became a permanent resident June 2014, i wanted to invite my mother and mother law at the same time for the super visa, i fall under LICO (57,000) although i started working by July. My concern is it posssible to invite both parents at the same time, purpose for the visit should be to come and visit grandchild.

What is the better way out of this?

alhassan

Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
family class
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
Doc's Request.
march 2012
Nomination.....
oct 2011
AOR Received.
feb 2012
IELTS Request
march 2012
Med's Request
20 nov 2012
Med's Done....
07 Dec 2012
Passport Req..
PPR1. 25 feb 2013,,PPR2.14 March 2013 Decision made. 17 March 2013
VISA ISSUED...
28 march 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013 ALhamduLLiulah
I am going to apply for my mother super visa online:
I have few questions:
1.when apply online,paying the fee online through credit card after submitting the application there will be a reference code that my mother has to take with her to the visa center (in Pakistan) to drop passport and for bio-metric ,Now my question is will visa office there in Pakistan will also ask for all the documents which i already scanned and submitted? or there job is to take the passport and bio-metric.
2.I was reading in this forum that some visa centers in paksitan will ask you for visa fee over there even if you have pay online (i doubt this though)
3.How long it takes to process the whole thing (from submitting application to getting visa) in Pakistan.

Need your reply please.Thanks

SUZROA

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
Category........
Hello Supervisa forum,
I am adding to the forum so that I may get updates.

The information and questions that forum members ask are very helpful.

We will be applying for a Supervisa for a 13 month visit at the Sydney, Australia VO, for Vancouver to be there by June to help out with our grandbabies.

Felixo

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Hi Rossei
I saw that you had applied for your mom's super visa and PR.
I wanted to apply for mom's PR next year. Is it okay to apply for her super visa and then apply for the PR or does the super visa restrict me from applying for PR?

I have already sent my mother's application in Jan 2nd week. But I think it will be returned due to the quota. Just in case I am lucky and it gets processed is it still ok for me to apply for her super visa when I have already applied for her PR?

Thank you so much.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Felixo said:
Hi Rossei
I wanted to apply for mom's PR next year. Is it okay to apply for her super visa and then apply for the PR or does the super visa restrict me from applying for PR?
It's okay to apply for PGP even if you're on Super Visa. I did it.

I have already sent my mother's application in Jan 2nd week. But I think it will be returned due to the quota. Just in case I am lucky and it gets processed is it still ok for me to apply for her super visa when I have already applied for her PR?
I'm not too sure about this one. I would recommend you to wait little more so that you have a confirmation about your PGP application. You can start gathering all required docs during this time. You may need your NOA for 2014 to prove that you meet LICO.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Felixo said:
Hi Rossei
It's okay to apply for PGP even if you're on Super Visa. I did it.

I'm not too sure about this one. I would recommend you to wait little more so that you have a confirmation about your PGP application. You can start gathering all required docs during this time. You may need your NOA for 2014 to prove that you meet LICO.

akapoor

Nov 26, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
SINP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 03,2014
If anyone applied online did you attach the marriage certificate for your parents ? I am trying to apply online & CIC document checklist also asking for Marriage Certificate online only?

But on the paper checklist they don't ask for Marriage certificate ?