+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

Tigurius

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Can anyone post how long it has taken them from start to finish on the supervisa? we're about to begin it to bring my gfs mom- however we cant get our 2014 tax assessment yet because we've yet to start our taxes ... I'll be on the application as my gf's common law, does anyone know if they would accept our previous 3 years and a letter of employment to confirm we meet LICO? We're just hoping to process it and have her come in may...

alhassan

Sep 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
family class
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2011
Doc's Request.
march 2012
Nomination.....
oct 2011
AOR Received.
feb 2012
IELTS Request
march 2012
Med's Request
20 nov 2012
Med's Done....
07 Dec 2012
Passport Req..
PPR1. 25 feb 2013,,PPR2.14 March 2013 Decision made. 17 March 2013
VISA ISSUED...
28 march 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013 ALhamduLLiulah
In Super visa paper application, how we get medical request I mean through email or through regular post, waiting for a quick reply, thanks

usrinivasanu

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Hi,

I am a PR in Canada and my wife is a PR. We want to apply super visa for my in-laws. But my wife is not working. I am making enough to sponsor them and meet the LICO. I am wondering if I can sponser my in-laws or only my wife can do? Please clarify.

Thanks

htayyab

Star Member
Dec 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SEP-2011
AOR Received.
NOV-2011
Med's Done....
NOV-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
JUN-2012
LANDED..........
JUL-2012
Hi everybody,

My parents-in-law applied for super visa in Feb and my mother-in-law received medical request via email but my father-in-law hasn't received medical request yet. I wanted to ask, do the applicants get medical requests individually at different times even if the application is filed together in one package? Any insight on this would be appreciated. My MIL has already visited once but FIL has applied for Canadian visitor visa for the first time.

Thanks,
htayyab

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
aaa2012 said:
Is it possible to use a co-signer for the income portion?
Yes if it's the spouse.

rajkaushal62

Mar 16, 2015
Hi everyone,

Plz provide your valuable comments. i applied visitor visa for my mother last year but i was refused as they said they were not satisfied due to financial factor.

now i am eligible to apply for super visa and i need to know how much finances we need to show for super visa application. last time my mother presented a bank statement
of more than INR 4,00,000 .. there is nowhere they have mentioned how much funds the sponsor and/or host needs to show.

other than this i think everything is pretty easy, but still will appreciate more comments to show back ties. She is retired from govt. job, on pension and working a private job
as a supervisor in a hospital. i also have my father back in India who is not going to accompany her. do we need to show property evaluations as well ? like house or other
assets?

can we put purpose of visit is to visit family?? i have my daughter born here and its been almost 2.5 yrs we have not seen her.

good luck everyone with your applications.
Thanks in advance.

sam001

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
Sept 30, 2015
Hey Guys,
My parents TRV was refused last week. I invited them to attend my convocation. I have a good income (around 70k per year), showed 20k in my bank account, 25 lacs BDT in their bank account and strong cover letter describing ties ( e,g; my siblings are there, have properties to maintain etc.). Still they said, they were not convinced with the purpose of visit, no ties, no travel history, and did not disclose children information. These dont make any sense to me. I am still waiting for my PR ( hopefully will be done by June). Can you guys suggest what should I do next time ( TRV or Super VISA). It should be noted that my elder sister and nephew got their TRV last October. Do they have a max number of TRV or any cut off like that? Thanks in advance.

charkei

Star Member
Oct 9, 2011
Dipolog City
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2010
AOR Received.
08-03-2011
File Transfer...
30-03-2011
Med's Request
07-07-2011
Med's Done....
27-07-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2011
LANDED..........
21-01-2012
Hi, I find this thread very helpful and I wish somebody can answer my confusion. I am planning to apply my parents for super visa and have some few questions as follows:

1. It is not clear on the cic website on how to specifically apply for the super visa. It only entails about the TRV and very limited info on how to process the super visa. Should we just apply for same but just add on some proof of income and medical insurance on top of the TRV visa?

2. In terms of financial status and ties to the country for my parents, do they still need to submit their proof of asset and income that they can support there selves in an event I cannot support them while in here? And do they need a travel history? By the way they are still working as a Government employee and for sure gonna go back after there visit.

3. In terms of the medical insurance. What if my parents do not really intend to stay for a year and come back again the next only to visit for few months just like a regular tourist? Are they still going to get the 1 year medical insurance? Or they have the option not to get one as they do not intend to stay longer?

Hope someone could clear this up to me. :(

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
rajkaushal62 said:
Hi everyone,

Plz provide your valuable comments. i applied visitor visa for my mother last year but i was refused as they said they were not satisfied due to financial factor.

now i am eligible to apply for super visa and i need to know how much finances we need to show for super visa application. last time my mother presented a bank statement
of more than INR 4,00,000 .. there is nowhere they have mentioned how much funds the sponsor and/or host needs to show.

other than this i think everything is pretty easy, but still will appreciate more comments to show back ties. She is retired from govt. job, on pension and working a private job
as a supervisor in a hospital. i also have my father back in India who is not going to accompany her. do we need to show property evaluations as well ? like house or other
assets?

can we put purpose of visit is to visit family?? i have my daughter born here and its been almost 2.5 yrs we have not seen her.

good luck everyone with your applications.
Thanks in advance.
If you're financially eligible for Super Visa; your case seems good to me. If I were you; I would put few more lacs in your mom/parents' account (>5 lacs). I would also give a copy of house/asset ownership (not sure about evaluation) and your bank statements for 6 months.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
sam001 said:
Hey Guys,
My parents TRV was refused last week. I invited them to attend my convocation. I have a good income (around 70k per year), showed 20k in my bank account, 25 lacs BDT in their bank account and strong cover letter describing ties ( e,g; my siblings are there, have properties to maintain etc.). Still they said, they were not convinced with the purpose of visit, no ties, no travel history, and did not disclose children information. These dont make any sense to me. I am still waiting for my PR ( hopefully will be done by June). Can you guys suggest what should I do next time ( TRV or Super VISA). It should be noted that my elder sister and nephew got their TRV last October. Do they have a max number of TRV or any cut off like that? Thanks in advance.
Is either/both your parents working?

I think (I may be wrong) from my experience that when you apply for PR; you should just hold off from applying a TRV for other family members. It may seem to the VO that everyone in your family is trying to immigrate to Canada.

If you're soon going to be done with your PR; I would suggest you to wait for it. Then you can apply for either TRV or Super Visa. Super Visa is lot easier to get if you (sponsor) can meet LICO comfortably.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
charkei said:
Hi, I find this thread very helpful and I wish somebody can answer my confusion. I am planning to apply my parents for super visa and have some few questions as follows:

1. It is not clear on the cic website on how to specifically apply for the super visa. It only entails about the TRV and very limited info on how to process the super visa. Should we just apply for same but just add on some proof of income and medical insurance on top of the TRV visa?
I guess you're referring to ONLINE APPLICATION. I never did it; so don't know thoroughly but once you fill out the questionnaire; I guess it gets obvious that you're applying for Super Visa. There was never a specific form for Super Visa; it always has been same generic TRV application form. But you can mention it on your invitation letter and purpose of visit. Also, the document checklist has a separate section for Super Visa. When you check them and provide proofs; the VO will know that you've applied for Super Visa.

2. In terms of financial status and ties to the country for my parents, do they still need to submit their proof of asset and income that they can support there selves in an event I cannot support them while in here? And do they need a travel history? By the way they are still working as a Government employee and for sure gonna go back after there visit.
They should show proofs of income and assets. Go through the document checklist. Travel history isn't that important for Super Visa.

3. In terms of the medical insurance. What if my parents do not really intend to stay for a year and come back again the next only to visit for few months just like a regular tourist? Are they still going to get the 1 year medical insurance? Or they have the option not to get one as they do not intend to stay longer?
Before you apply; you MUST obtain 1-year medical insurance for each and show proof. You also have to retain it in case the POE officer want to check once they come here. Most insurance companies will give you partial refund if they go back early and do not make any claims during their visit.

kcul

Feb 11, 2012
Hi,

Need a help !!! My parents received medical request for SuperVisa through email. But passport has been sent to Canada High Commission New Delhi through VFS while submitting the application.

1. Do we need to get the passport back from VFS to go for Medical Examination?
2. Is CHC is going to send the passport back through VFS to do the medical examination? Any of you have any experience on these?

Timeline:
Application submitted through VFS along with Passport: March 11th, 2015
Medical requested through email: March 18th, 2015

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
kcul said:
Hi,

Need a help !!! My parents received medical request for SuperVisa through email. But passport has been sent to Canada High Commission New Delhi through VFS while submitting the application.

1. Do we need to get the passport back from VFS to go for Medical Examination?
You don't have to. You would perhaps need some ID.

2. Is CHC is going to send the passport back through VFS to do the medical examination? Any of you have any experience on these?
Most probably. Do your medical and get confirmation from the doctor how/when he is going to send the result. Everything should be written in the medical request.

CNF123

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I have below queries. Kindly assist if you can.

1. Can you share the online link for supervisa for parents? I didnt get any link particularly for supervisa. Is the online supervisa and online TRV application link is same? Then how they know that this is a supervisa application?

2. Is which section we have to upload the T4, NOA? is it Proof of Means of Financial Support section, where we have to upload NOA/T4? I thought - section Proof of Means of Financial Support is for parents financial situation. Please correct me if I am wrong.

3. In the questionnaire section, I have doubt with two questions for supervisa of parents:

I.) How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
-I answered 6 months or more. It it right choice for supervisa? do you think I should choose 6months or less??

II.) Are you gining someone access to your application?
- I am operating the online application file for my parents supervisa. What answer should I choose here? I choose NO though.

Thank you so much.