+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

gfdvca

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
A couple of quick questions,

I am considering submitting a super visa application for my mother and law to come to Canada for the birth of our first child.

I applied for a TRV for her a little over a month ago before my wife became a PR. It was rejected, but I believe I can address some of the deficiencies from this application.

If we are applying for her super visa, should my wife be the one to write the support/invitation letter for my mother in law? After all my mother in law is not my parent.

My wife is not working, however I am sure that I meet the LICO, and I have the resources to cover her travel and living expenses while she is here. Is there anything I need to do, or is there anything that needs to be said in the letter to officially declare that I will be financially co-signing the application?

Many thanks.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
gfdvca said:
A couple of quick questions,

I am considering submitting a super visa application for my mother and law to come to Canada for the birth of our first child.

I applied for a TRV for her a little over a month ago before my wife became a PR. It was rejected, but I believe I can address some of the deficiencies from this application.

If we are applying for her super visa, should my wife be the one to write the support/invitation letter for my mother in law? After all my mother in law is not my parent.

My wife is not working, however I am sure that I meet the LICO, and I have the resources to cover her travel and living expenses while she is here. Is there anything I need to do, or is there anything that needs to be said in the letter to officially declare that I will be financially co-signing the application?

Many thanks.
I think you both should write the letter and sign. That's what I did (my wife doesn't work) when we invited my in-laws on TRV few months back. There are 3 parts you should mention:
1. Start by saying who you are, what you do, where you live and then same thing about your mom-in-law
2. Then say you are inviting her on Super Visa for such purpose such duration etc.
3. At the end, you make oath that you will bear all cost, fulfill any emergency needs, reliable for her to leave etc.

3 things that are necessary you provide:
1. Proof that you meet LICO (NOA or T4)
You can accompany these with your employment verification letter, pay stubs, bank statements etc. if you feel like these are going to strengthen your case
2. Medical insurance for your mother-in-law
3. Invitation letter

nehamerchant

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Rossei God bless you dear for helping people on this forum. Please advise I am in the same situation. I arrived in Canada six months back, now permanent resident, and am on the temporary job but my husband is employed from last five years on good salary. I wish to invite my mother on super visa.
1. Please advise should we write one single invitation letter or two individual invitation letters.
2. Should we get notarized invitation letter and deceleration of support or it will work without notarization.(though it is not mentioned on cic website that notarization is necessary).
highly appreciate your kind support

gfdvca

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Rossei said:
I think you both should write the letter and sign. That's what I did (my wife doesn't work) when we invited my in-laws on TRV few months back. There are 3 parts you should mention:
1. Start by saying who you are, what you do, where you live and then same thing about your mom-in-law
2. Then say you are inviting her on Super Visa for such purpose such duration etc.
3. At the end, you make oath that you will bear all cost, fulfill any emergency needs, reliable for her to leave etc.

3 things that are necessary you provide:
1. Proof that you meet LICO (NOA or T4)
You can accompany these with your employment verification letter, pay stubs, bank statements etc. if you feel like these are going to strengthen your case
2. Medical insurance for your mother-in-law
3. Invitation letter
Rossei, thank you for your response. I really appreciate it +1

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
nehamerchant said:
@ Rossei God bless you dear for helping people on this forum. Please advise I am in the same situation. I arrived in Canada six months back, now permanent resident, and am on the temporary job but my husband is employed from last five years on good salary. I wish to invite my mother on super visa.
Thanks a lot.

1. Please advise should we write one single invitation letter or two individual invitation letters.
I would advise you the same. Write one letter (like WE WOULD LIKE TO INVITE XXX, mother of YOU and mother-in-law of YOUR HUSBAND), signed by both of you.
2. Should we get notarized invitation letter and deceleration of support or it will work without notarization.(though it is not mentioned on cic website that notarization is necessary).
When I applied for SuperVisa for my mom back in 2012; I did it all by myself. So, I made 2 letters. They aren't really necessary though. You can just make one. Last year, when I applied for TRV for my in-laws; my lawyer friend drafted a single letter for me in affidavit format (much like 'declaration of support'). Then, he notarized it along with copies of our PR cards. On both occasions, I applied on paper (not online). Furthermore, these stuffs are recommended to be notarized in some countries (like in South Asia). So, I followed. For online application, it may not be a big deal. But if I have to apply now knowing that it will go to Singapore-SVGO; I would still notarize it. It really depends on your nationality, the visa office and your choice.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
gfdvca said:
Rossei, thank you for your response. I really appreciate it +1
Thanks for the +1. :)

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
AH15 said:
How long usually it takes for passport request after medical done?
During when I applied on paper via VFS-Bangladesh, PP was released by VFS when they requested for medical. After we were done with medical; we would give the PP back to VFS on our own. There was no official request. The visa processing was also handled by Canadian High Commission - Bangladesh; so it never left BD.

nehamerchant

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
Thanks a lot.
I would advise you the same. Write one letter (like WE WOULD LIKE TO INVITE XXX, mother of YOU and mother-in-law of YOUR HUSBAND), signed by both of you. When I applied for SuperVisa for my mom back in 2012; I did it all by myself. So, I made 2 letters. They aren't really necessary though. You can just make one. Last year, when I applied for TRV for my in-laws; my lawyer friend drafted a single letter for me in affidavit format (much like 'declaration of support'). Then, he notarized it along with copies of our PR cards. On both occasions, I applied on paper (not online). Furthermore, these stuffs are recommended to be notarized in some countries (like in South Asia). So, I followed. For online application, it may not be a big deal. But if I have to apply now knowing that it will go to Singapore-SVGO; I would still notarize it. It really depends on your nationality, the visa office and your choice.
@Rossei dear I highly highly appreciate your support. You are doing great job by volunteering time in this way, may god reward u for your kind deed.

Tilikun

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Veg--CPC-Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SA and AIP 27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 08-01-2015 Landing letter email 12-01-2015
LANDED..........
(On 2nd attempt) 23-01-2015/PRCard received on 09-03-2015
I applied for my mom's supervisa since March 25th ( including mail ) to the canadian embassy in Guatemala ,
Haven't heard anything as of yet . Good luck everybody

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
Tigurius said:
Here is the checklist required for when you apply online:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5484E.pdf
Hi could you please let me know how you got this checklist? I am applying online for my mother's super visa. When I did the questionnaire, I got a list of documents. There was no checklist in that. IMM5257E doesn't have any provision to mention it is for super visa. I am a bit confused on how CIC will treat the application is for super visa? Thanks

nehamerchant

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Toronto2013 said:
Hi could you please let me know how you got this checklist? I am applying online for my mother's super visa. When I did the questionnaire, I got a list of documents. There was no checklist in that. IMM5257E doesn't have any provision to mention it is for super visa. I am a bit confused on how CIC will treat the application is for super visa? Thanks
hi, there is no checklist for online applicant, it asks u questions and generate list of documents required accordingly, if u made any mistake in answering those questions u will get wrong list of documents to submit.
online process is like this:
1. answer questions ( u r also asked do u applying for super visa)
2. code is generated for u, this code knows what doc u will be required to submit (from answers u gave)
3. get login and pw
4. enter and u will see what doc to submit.
5. upload form and doc
6. pay fees by credit card
7. go for bio metric if required and photo (if u fall into list of countries need bio) at visa center.

only problem with online is that if u answer initial questionnaire wrong then u get wrong list of doc to submit, further, you wont be able to submit some extra doc which u feel might impress visa officer.

Toronto2013

Jul 18, 2013
nehamerchant said:
hi, there is no checklist for online applicant, it asks u questions and generate list of documents required accordingly, if u made any mistake in answering those questions u will get wrong list of documents to submit.
online process is like this:
1. answer questions ( u r also asked do u applying for super visa)
2. code is generated for u, this code knows what doc u will be required to submit (from answers u gave)
3. get login and pw
4. enter and u will see what doc to submit.
5. upload form and doc
6. pay fees by credit card
7. go for bio metric if required and photo (if u fall into list of countries need bio) at visa center.

only problem with online is that if u answer initial questionnaire wrong then u get wrong list of doc to submit, further, you wont be able to submit some extra doc which u feel might impress visa officer.
Yes I did all that and got the reference code with list of documents. There was no question regarding super visa. it was less than 6 months or for more than 6 months. With both the options there was no super visa mention. I read your response to my question in another link. I shall follow that. Thank you.