+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

Felixo

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Rossei,

I guess the document check list link to apply for Super visa is http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5484E.pdf right? Could you please confirm?

Also I guess we need to submit all forms and documents from the checklist on top (except the bottom 4 of the TRV check list right?). There are no minors and I feel we dont have to show a travel itinerary or medical examination. Correct? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks for your time.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Felixo said:
Rossei,

I guess the document check list link to apply for Super visa is http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5484E.pdf right? Could you please confirm?
That's correct.

Also I guess we need to submit all forms and documents from the checklist on top (except the bottom 4 of the TRV check list right?). There are no minors and I feel we dont have to show a travel itinerary or medical examination. Correct? Please correct me if I am wrong.
- You can submit a travel itinerary; but it's not that important (but a valid ticket is not required)
- Custody document not required if you don't have minors travelling with you
- Additional documents not required if you're applying online
- If you parents can do medical in advance, you can submit them

AH15

Star Member
Jan 26, 2015
just a quick question, for online how many pages of passport scan copy need to submit?

Please help.
Thanks.

mrah

Mar 5, 2015
Hi All,

I am applying for super visa for my mother who is single and currently living in Pakistan to help me during my pregnancy and post pregnancy care. I have completed and provided all the paperwork that is required including financial, notarized letter, invitation letter, doctor's letter confirming my pregnancy and due date, my birth certificate, and medical insurance etc. I applied for a visit visa in 2013 for her when she was actually working and my brother was studying abroad so she had no one in Pakistan. Her visa got refused due to ties and also some documents were lacking from my side. She has a valid US visitor visa of 5 years and has been to US and Dubai for visits recently.

She is retired now and does not get any pension. In bank she will probably have about 4 or 5 lakhs and does not have property except for a car financed by the bank. My brother lives in Pakistan with her and gives her monthly allowance of about 50,000 Rs. which she deposits in her bank account so in her bank statement, that will show as deposit but there is no source of income like pension deposit or pay etc. As far as her car is concerned, it is in her name but financed through bank. She is very regular in making those payments an dis almost at the end of the loan. Now I am getting very nervous and probably thinking too much about showing her ties to her country and which paperwork to show her own set up there. She has no interest in staying here and I will need her to stay here for a year to help me adjust to the new lifestyle as I am a professional and need to get back to work as well after sometime. I have following questions:

- Should we submit her bank statements/fixed deposit to show the VO that she has her own life set up there in Pakistan?
- If we show the financed car papers, will that help or be a negative impression as she does not have a source of income (except her monthly expense that my brother pays) but she owes the car to the bank?

Please shed some light on what you think. I am not worried about papers from my side but it is just the previous visa rejection that is making me nervous. Will appreciate any thoughts and suggestions. Thanks.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
mrah said:
- Should we submit her bank statements/fixed deposit to show the VO that she has her own life set up there in Pakistan?
YES

- If we show the financed car papers, will that help or be a negative impression as she does not have a source of income (except her monthly expense that my brother pays) but she owes the car to the bank?
I would just leave it alone. Owning a car and paying loan isn't really a strong 'tie'.

Few more tips:
You shouldn't stress on the fact that you need your mom to take care of the baby. This often works against your favor. You can mention that you want your mom to be present when the baby is born. And also, it would be very helpful for you if she can assist you in post-natal care for first couple of months (may be just over 6 months in total, do not put 1 or 2 years). DO NOT say that you're planning to get back to work soon after the birth and you will rely on your mom for the baby - this would indicate that your mom will stay for ages.

Do not worry about TRV rejection in past. SuperVisa is little different as 'family ties' is often overlooked here. If you have solid income and provide proof; that should be enough.

nipudhk

Dec 28, 2011
Kuwait
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello there,

My parents got Multi Entry Super Visa till there passport valid (Thanks God), which is 2018 & they are planning to fly end of April or Early May from Bangladesh & will stay 2 years, now am about to buy tickets soon.

My question is, Do they need two way tickets or one way will be fine ? As I know, tickets only can be extended up to one year from purchase date & they are planning to stay two years, if they travel with one way ticket, is there any chance they might deny POE or something like that ? POE will be Toronto.

Advise will be appreciate. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ahmad Motayed

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
nipudhk said:
Hello there,

My parents got Multi Entry Super Visa till there passport valid (Thanks God), which is 2018 & they are planning to fly end of April or Early May from Bangladesh & will stay 2 years, now am about to buy tickets soon.

My question is, Do they need two way tickets or one way will be fine ? As I know, tickets only can be extended up to one year from purchase date & they are planning to stay two years, if they travel with one way ticket, is there any chance they might deny POE or something like that ? POE will be Toronto.

Advise will be appreciate. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ahmad Motayed
I was in same boat. From my experience, Bangladesh travel agencies won't sell you one-way tickets. Only way to buy one-way ticket would be 'online'. But it's Bangladesh Airport Immigration who can restrict you from boarding if you're a visitor and don't have return tickets. Hence, the travel agencies/ airlines won't encourage you to go for one-way tickets. I won't think it will create any problem at POE (Toronto) because they don't normally check tickets.

So, if you're leaning toward buying one-way ticket; you should check this with Bangladesh Immigration/ Passport Authority. In my case, I didn't want to put my mom face all these as she was traveling alone; so bought return (with 1 year validity).

nipudhk

Dec 28, 2011
Kuwait
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Rossie,

Thanks for response, Actually travel agency is offered for one way ticket, Will try to get some info from Dhaka Airport immigration, what you mentioned. Hopefully it will be not a problem there. Anyway, Thanks again.

Regards,
Ahmad Motayed

aaa2012

Star Member
Jan 1, 2012
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

Thought I'd ask a couple of questions here since it seems like everyone knows what they're talking about. My wife wants to bring her mother here to Canada to help her with her pregnancy and "newborn to be" and here's what I'm wondering:

1. my wife does not work so is it possible that I can use my proof of income?
2. can her mother still be eligible to come to Canada even if she has no income?
3. My wife and 1 child make a family of 3, does that mean based on the LICO I have to show proof that I make more than $36,520 or else the visa will be rejected?

Any help would be appreciated.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
aaa2012 said:
1. my wife does not work so is it possible that I can use my proof of income?
Yes, you can.

2. can her mother still be eligible to come to Canada even if she has no income?
Yes, but having an income or fixed assets is always a plus point.

3. My wife and 1 child make a family of 3, does that mean based on the LICO I have to show proof that I make more than $36,520 or else the visa will be rejected?
Do you have a child or are you referring to the "newborn to be"? Anyway, you have to include your mom-in-law in counting family size. If the baby is not born when you apply; you don't have to count it. And yes, if you don't meet LICO; your application will be denied.

aaa2012

Star Member
Jan 1, 2012
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
Yes, you can.
Yes, but having an income or fixed assets is always a plus point.
Do you have a child or are you referring to the "newborn to be"? Anyway, you have to include your mom-in-law in counting family size. If the baby is not born when you apply; you don't have to count it. And yes, if you don't meet LICO; your application will be denied.
Thanks for the reply Rossei; much appreciated.

Yes I currently have a child and there will be a newborn :) So in that case if I include my family and my mother in law it would have to meet the LICO for 4 persons?

Just curious though, is there no other exception if income cannot be satisfied?

Thanks

pankhilsingh

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Hi,
I wanted to send my father to Canada, but really confused in which Visa to opt for.

Can anyone pls throw some light on why people generally choose Visitor Visa than SuperVisa.

My elder brother is already PR holder there since 1 year and I have also applied under FSW14 which is about to complete. In the meanwhile we want our father to have visit there for may be 2 months, but seeing the scenario in future he might shift with us. In the meanwhile he will be visiting us very frequently.

My query:
1.Which Visa to opt for?
2.If we opt for SuperVisa and medical isurance we show for 1 year, what if we comes back before that?(Will the insurace be void?)
3.In his 2nd visit, does he require an insurance of 1 year again or atual stay insurance is enough?
4.For my brother who will be sending the Letter of Invitation, how much funds do he need to show in his bank statement?
5. Does my father needs to show some funds(Fixed or Liquid) in India?
6. My father's Passport will expire in 2018, if we apply in SuperVisa, how do we get Visa for 10years?

Thanks..

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
aaa2012 said:
Thanks for the reply Rossei; much appreciated.

Yes I currently have a child and there will be a newborn :) So in that case if I include my family and my mother in law it would have to meet the LICO for 4 persons?

Just curious though, is there no other exception if income cannot be satisfied?

Thanks
Yes, you're correct. You have to show that your family income meets LICO for 4 persons at least (=$44,340). I'm sorry to say this but there is no other alternative as this is one of the mandatory requirements for Super Visa.

You can always go for TRV (visitor visa). Knowing that your mom-in-law doesn't have a source of income; this can be difficult as well.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
pankhilsingh said:
Hi,
I wanted to send my father to Canada, but really confused in which Visa to opt for.

Can anyone pls throw some light on why people generally choose Visitor Visa than SuperVisa.

My elder brother is already PR holder there since 1 year and I have also applied under FSW14 which is about to complete. In the meanwhile we want our father to have visit there for may be 2 months, but seeing the scenario in future he might shift with us. In the meanwhile he will be visiting us very frequently.
The parents who got rejected before for TRV (for not having enough family ties, travel history, income, bank balance etc.) have good chances thru Super Visa. The other advantage is to stay for longer period (up to 2 years). I've said it many times that for SuperVisa, the sponsoring child's income is the first think they will check; on the contrary, they will check principal applicant's (parents) income/assets for TRV application.

1.Which Visa to opt for?
Now, you decide on your situation.

2.If we opt for SuperVisa and medical isurance we show for 1 year, what if we comes back before that?(Will the insurace be void?)
Generally, it will be void. But some allow multi-entry. Most will give you a refund if you go home before the 1 year term ends AND do not make any claim while in Canada.

3.In his 2nd visit, does he require an insurance of 1 year again or atual stay insurance is enough?
Yes, he would require 1 year insurance every time he enters Canada. I do not guarantee it but the Immigration in Toronto often overlooks the medical insurance paper.

4.For my brother who will be sending the Letter of Invitation, how much funds do he need to show in his bank statement?
For supervisa, he HAS TO show proof that he meets LICO for the correct family size (including your father). Showing bank statements for 4~6 months is always a plus point. The amount depends on family size.

5. Does my father needs to show some funds(Fixed or Liquid) in India?
He should if he can. Again, it's not that significant in Super Visa application.

6. My father's Passport will expire in 2018, if we apply in SuperVisa, how do we get Visa for 10years?
He gets SuperVisa till the passport expires (2018).

aaa2012

Star Member
Jan 1, 2012
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
Yes, you're correct. You have to show that your family income meets LICO for 4 persons at least (=$44,340). I'm sorry to say this but there is no other alternative as this is one of the mandatory requirements for Super Visa.

You can always go for TRV (visitor visa). Knowing that your mom-in-law doesn't have a source of income; this can be difficult as well.
Is it possible to use a co-signer for the income portion?