+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

BobyM

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I wanted to apply for the super visa for my mom and her husband, and I have the following concern that I need your advice on:

My mom remarried to someone who has children from previous marriage. Since I never lived with my mom after she got married (nor with any other step-siblings) I didn't know that I was supposed to include his children as my stepbrothers/stepsisters in my PR application 5 years ago and I did not. Now that I am to apply for the super visa for my mom and his husband, I should apparently include their names as my mom's stepchildren, which is in contrary with what I indicated in my PR applications.

I simply didn't know that the person who marries your mother/father will be your stepmother/stepfather no matter if you live with them or not. Because this is not the case in my country unless the children get adopted by the new parent.

So I was wondering if any of you has had such an issue or could advise me if this discrepancy would be a big deal for CIC and how I should go about to resolve that.

Thanks a lot.

BobyM

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BobyM said:
Hi everyone,

I wanted to apply for the super visa for my mom and her husband, and I have the following concern that I need your advice on:

My mom remarried to someone who has children from previous marriage. Since I never lived with my mom after she got married (nor with any other step-siblings) I didn't know that I was supposed to include his children as my stepbrothers/stepsisters in my PR application 5 years ago and I did not. Now that I am to apply for the super visa for my mom and his husband, I should apparently include their names as my mom's stepchildren, which is in contrary with what I indicated in my PR applications.

I simply didn't know that the person who marries your mother/father will be your stepmother/stepfather no matter if you live with them or not. Because this is not the case in my country unless the children get adopted by the new parent.

So I was wondering if any of you has had such an issue or could advise me if this discrepancy would be a big deal for CIC and how I should go about to resolve that.

Thanks a lot.
Any advice is appreciated.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
eva88 said:
Thanks for your response. My parents are working and they want to come in the summers for 1-2 months. Should i apply for their supervisa or trv ? As they dont want to apply for visa again n again. And could you please also let me know about the major things that i need to take care when i apply for their supervisa. Thanks
Major Things:

1. That your recent year's NOA/Option C has to be over LICO
2. That you buy medical insurance of $100,000 for a year minimum for each of your parents
3. That you provide sufficient proof of your income (NOA/Option C preferred, T4, Employment Verification Letter, Few recent pay stubs, Bank statements etc.)
4. That you provide an invitation letter where you state that your parents will be staying with you and you have enough resources to bear all their expenses (details of sponsor and parents should be included)
5. That you parents will have to undergo medical tests for Super Visa
6. That you make sure your parents' passports are not expiring soon. FYI, CIC will give you Visa only to the expiry date of the passport.

eva88

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2013
Med's Request
24-08-2013
Med's Done....
30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2013
Thank you very much for your response. So if my parents wants to come for only 1-2 months. Which visa is preferable ? Trv or supervisa? My dad is getting retired this year. So is it beneficial to apply for supervisa before his retirement to show his strong home ties? N is supervisa insurance can be brought on monthly basis ?? Thanks

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
eva88 said:
Thank you very much for your response. So if my parents wants to come for only 1-2 months. Which visa is preferable ? Trv or supervisa?
TRV

My dad is getting retired this year. So is it beneficial to apply for supervisa before his retirement to show his strong home ties?
Perhaps, Super Visa would be better choice. Because, supervisa largely depends on sponsoring child's (your) income whereas a TRV will be given on your parent's overall situation (income/job, home ties, bank balance, travel history etc.).

N is supervisa insurance can be brought on monthly basis ?? Thanks
Nope. Even if you can, CIC will not issue you a super visa until you provide them proof of 1 year medical insurance bought in advance. But you can get partial refund from most insurance companies after your parents leave Canada (if no medical claims were made during the stay).

yeasin52

Jan 27, 2015
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2010
LANDED..........
19-05-2012
Rossei, are you from Bangladesh? Do you know if my mother in law need to submit police clearance with her super visa application? It doesn't list anywhere in the checklist but I heared VFS asks for it. Please let me know if you know anything about it.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
yeasin52 said:
Rossei, are you from Bangladesh? Do you know if my mother in law need to submit police clearance with her super visa application? It doesn't list anywhere in the checklist but I heared VFS asks for it. Please let me know if you know anything about it.
Yes, I'm from Bangladesh.

No, she doesn't need PCC as far as I know. But before applying, I would suggest you in-laws to go to VFS and find what they want. They are normally very helpful. I applied for Super Visa for my mom back in 2012 and recently my in-laws got multi-TRV (both via VFS). PCC's were never asked.

eva88

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2013
Med's Request
24-08-2013
Med's Done....
30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2013
Hi Rossie,
What is multi-trv ? Is it also for 6 months ? How is it different from trv ? Thanks

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
eva88 said:
Hi Rossie,
What is multi-trv ? Is it also for 6 months ? How is it different from trv ? Thanks
Hi Eva,

I meant "multiple-entry TRV"; which is same as TRV. One can stay for up to 6 months. But it's not single-entry (not sure if Canada still gives that). FYI, when my in-laws visited Canada first 4~5 years ago; they had single-entry visa which was only valid for 3 months.

Nowadays, when you apply for TRV; CIC omitted the option to choose from single-entry and multi-entry TRV. They claim that they would consider any TRV application for multi-entry.

eva88

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2013
Med's Request
24-08-2013
Med's Done....
30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2013
Thanks for this explaination. If i apply for my parents trv now as they want to visit us for only 1 month this summers. And then later on may be next year if i apply for their supervisa ( by that time my dad will be retired and mom still working). Will there be any problem with the supervisa application? Or is it better to apply nowonly for their supervisa when both are working.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
eva88 said:
Thanks for this explaination. If i apply for my parents trv now as they want to visit us for only 1 month this summers. And then later on may be next year if i apply for their supervisa ( by that time my dad will be retired and mom still working). Will there be any problem with the supervisa application? Or is it better to apply nowonly for their supervisa when both are working.
Are they planning to stay longer than 6 months at a time when they come next time/year? If not (and if their financial background is solid); you can go for TRV. FYI, both TRV (except single-entry) and SuperVisa are given to the validity of the passport.

SuperVisa largely depends on Sponsor's (your) economical situation/LICO
TRV largely depends on Guests' (your parents') economical situation & home ties

This may help you to take decision.

eva88

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2013
Med's Request
24-08-2013
Med's Done....
30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2013
Thank you very much.

CNF123

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
Hi Rossei,

I have a question to you. Please assist.

MY mom applied for visit visa from Bangladesh and got rejected last year, 2014. The reasons for rejection showed are-

1. Travel history
2. Less stronger tie in BD
3. Purpose of visit- which I clearly mentioned in the invitation letter is to attend my graduation ceremony.
4. Length of visit- I mentioned few months

Do you think if this year I applied for her supervisa that may reject for the last rejection?
Please advice if there is any way I can improve any of the rejection causes.

Regards,
CNF123

Rossei said:
Are they planning to stay longer than 6 months at a time when they come next time/year? If not (and if their financial background is solid); you can go for TRV. FYI, both TRV (except single-entry) and SuperVisa are given to the validity of the passport.

SuperVisa largely depends on Sponsor's (your) economical situation/LICO
TRV largely depends on Guests' (your parents') economical situation & home ties

This may help you to take decision.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
CNF123 said:
Hi Rossei,

I have a question to you. Please assist.

MY mom applied for visit visa from Bangladesh and got rejected last year, 2014. The reasons for rejection showed are-

1. Travel history
2. Less stronger tie in BD
3. Purpose of visit- which I clearly mentioned in the invitation letter is to attend my graduation ceremony.
4. Length of visit- I mentioned few months

Do you think if this year I applied for her supervisa that may reject for the last rejection?
Please advice if there is any way I can improve any of the rejection causes.

Regards,
CNF123
My mom was rejected as well on eve of my convocation. She was a widow and doesn't have any other children. It's impossible to overcome these.

Anyway, I guess you're working full-time now. Have you got PR already? SuperVisa is only for parents/grand-parents whose children/grand-children are either Canadian PR or Citizens. If you're eligible, I would advise you to go for SuperVisa.