+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

M.Prasla

Star Member
Aug 31, 2016
Hi everyone, I am preparing super visa for my parents., please someone can help me to answer the following concern of mine?

1. I want to show my father's properties and business documents to justify his ties to the resident country. In which section I should provide this information and document?

2. Me and my wife together earn $104K, however, we both started our full-time permanent jobs on1st, May 2017 (i had have contracted job from 1st Jan to 17 March 2017), therefore, we got NOA for around 40K each (1st May-Dec 31st, 2017).
My question is, as I am applying for my parents so I have NOA for 40K 2017 and my income is 44K/year, but our household income is 104K as my wife earns 60K and her 2017 NOA is also around 40K. What if a visa offer just would see my NOA/salary (40K/44K) which is under LICOs income as I am calling MY parents. Or, they would also assess my wife's salary too so I would be good enough as per LICOs?

I know in my second question I am thinking too much, actually, my parents got reject Visit visa in 2015 when I try to call them for my convocation ceremony that's why this time I am very concern before applying.

I hope someone from this forum could able to help me out to answer my above concerns.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

dipsleo

Nov 2, 2016
A few questions regarding super visa .

1. If you have to apply for a super visa , do parents have to create a CIC profile ? How does the process work ?
2. What’s the approximate amount in INR do parents need to show into their bank account before applying ?
3. How many years of Income tax returns is required for parents ? Is one year of Tax returns for parents good enough ?
4. I landed last July 2017 and started with part time work , so my NOA received does NOT have the minimum income required as per LICO. I started with full time job in February 2018 and my current income DOES satisfy the LICO requirement, do I have to wait till next year so that my NOA would show the income required OR can I apply using the current employment letter and pay stubs with satisfies income requirement ?
5. Do Parents have to buy insurance before applying for super visa ? At what stage do parents have to buy insurance?
6. Do parents have to do Medicals beforehand or is there a specific time frame in which they would have to do medicals after applying ? What is advisable?
7. Is there is a minimum amount of money parents need to bring along when they land ?
8. What is the average processing time for super visa from the date of application?

Any information / clarifications on above questions is highly appreciated. Thanks . ✌

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Hi all just giving an update on a supervisa applications for my inlaws.
Applied online may 17 with upfront medical
Passport request received today.
How long does it typically take after submitting a passport for stamping?

Atheist9

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
Hi all just giving an update on a supervisa applications for my inlaws.
Applied online may 17 with upfront medical
Passport request received today.
How long does it typically take after submitting a passport for stamping?
Congratulations!
Which country you are from where you will be submitting the passports?
Do both the parents will have to go to submit the passports?

Thanks. God Bless.

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Congratulations!
Which country you are from where you will be submitting the passports?
Do both the parents will have to go to submit the passports?

Thanks. God Bless.
Thanks.
My wife’s parents are from India. Will go to Chandigarh office. I had never thought of it I assumed they both had to go. Not sure

umairmalik

Nov 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
17-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-07-2012
Passport Req..
17-07-2012
Hello guys! I’m looking for some help. My mother came to Canada on supervisa last year. She takes regular medication for diabetes and blood pressure which unfortunately are going to end very soon (she brought her 6 months stock). No one that I know is coming from back home so I can’t get more medicine for her. Now do You guys know if I take my mother to a walk in clinic would a doctor prescribes something equalent? I am asking if anyone else had any similar experience? If not than I might have to send her back, which I do not want until the end of summer. Any help will greatly appreciated! Thanks

kaur989

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
I applied on May 30th through consultant.
My mom received passport request letter - June 19th
But nothing for my dad.
Is this common??
His file still in process.

jaydeepdave9

Jun 1, 2018
I just wanted to update you guys especially kaushik sitapara as we applied on same day May 30.

I received PPR request for my mother today.

I have a question guys, can they refuse now from this step or can i ho ahead and book ticket for my mother??

It’s getting very costly day by day, i want to book tickets today. Please let me know. Appreciate the answer.

Hari412

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2014
AOR Received.
27-01-2015
IELTS Request
submitted
File Transfer...
12-02-2015
Med's Request
20-03-2015
Med's Done....
1-4-2015, Third Line 11-4-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-06-2015
LANDED..........
17-07-2015
Hello guys,

I want to apply super visa for my mom but i dont work and my husband makes enough to show the support i have few question:
1. Who should write invitation letter me or my husband but i dont work and should we both sign the letter
2. We moved to canada last year june 2017 so we just have one year tax return , is that fine
3. My mother does have property in her name but she has some money in her name i am planning to show that also in financial docs is it fine
4. should i upload my husbands passport, my passport and marriage certificate to prove our relation under proof of relationships

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
Hello,
Need help on some doubts.
We applied for my mum's supervisa online on May 3rd from India. She had gone for upfront medical in August last year for visitor visa but we did not apply for that. So ended up using same medical for super visa. I have no updates on her application, other than acknowledgement of receipt on May 18th and an email on May 28th saying the application is in processing, and lots of applications are being processed at this time and may cause delay.

Now it has been almost 7 weeks and many questions are going through my mind.
1) The medical has Upfront medical type- Visitor. Was it supposed to be different for super visa?
2) IME: Non Excessive demand exempt. Is it correct?
Will there be something wrong in medicals that's why it is not getting updated. Would they have asked for any extra tests which we never received mail for? (I have seen somebody's post saying hospital asked for extra tests but they never received mail)

Processing time says 58 days and we at 49 days, cannot email cic anything yet.
If somebody has a clue as if it is normal or what we should do, please respond? @Bryanna, I have seen you giving expert advise, I hope you can help me too.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1) The medical has Upfront medical type- Visitor. Was it supposed to be different for super visa?
No.

Will there be something wrong in medicals that's why it is not getting updated. Would they have asked for any extra tests which we never received mail for? (I have seen somebody's post saying hospital asked for extra tests but they never received mail)
As you received an email notification that the visa office has a high volume of applications, it is that. Have you checked with the panel physician if they have forwarded the medical results to the visa office?

Processing time says 58 days and we at 49 days, cannot email cic anything yet.
Processing time is only an estimate, not a guarantee. It can take much longer especially if the applicant has worked in defense services, police, etc and/or if background checks are being done

Reactions: ankz001

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
No.

As you received an email notification that the visa office has a high volume of applications, it is that. Have you checked with the panel physician if they have forwarded the medical results to the visa office?

Processing time is only an estimate, not a guarantee. It can take much longer especially if the applicant has worked in defense services, police, etc and/or if background checks are being done
Thanks @Bryanna for responding back.
I am going to call the hospital to check if they had sent the medical results and see what they come up with. We had done medicals 10 months ago, I assume they are still valid. My mum has not worked jn any of those professions. She is a teacher.

We had a little history where we didnt know what was happening with the file. We applied for her visitor visa through a consultant but he never gave us a clear idea. He came up with fake reasons for delay and never gave file number.
So this time we applied for super visa and added details saying we are not aware if a visitor visa was aplied, approved/rejected and would like to cancel all previous active files. I hope the visa officer looks into all this and further delay on file can be avoided.

Do you have any advise for us, anything we can do on our end to check file status?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks @Bryanna for responding back.
I am going to call the hospital to check if they had sent the medical results and see what they come up with. We had done medicals 10 months ago, I assume they are still valid.
Yes, valid for 12 months.

My mum has not worked jn any of those professions. She is a teacher.
So, this can be ruled out as a cause for the delay.

We had a little history where we didnt know what was happening with the file. We applied for her visitor visa through a consultant but he never gave us a clear idea. He came up with fake reasons for delay and never gave file number.
So this time we applied for super visa and added details saying we are not aware if a visitor visa was aplied, approved/rejected and would like to cancel all previous active files. I hope the visa officer looks into all this and further delay on file can be avoided.
Perfect. As you're not sure if her previous TRV application was filed in the first place, it's good to have informed the visa office.

Do you have any advise for us, anything we can do on our end to check file status?
You can send a CSE when 58 days/the estimated processing time passes + an email to your mom's local visa office. As there's a high volume of applications, I think that's the reason why processing is taking a bit long

Reactions: ankz001

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
Yes, valid for 12 months.

So, this can be ruled out as a cause for the delay.

Perfect. As you're not sure if her previous TRV application was filed in the first place, it's good to have informed the visa office.

You can send a CSE when 58 days/the estimated processing time passes + an email to your mom's local visa office. As there's a high volume of applications, I think that's the reason why processing is taking a bit long
Thank you so much. Appreciate your help!

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
Thank you so much. Appreciate your help!
Hi @Bryanna we called the hospital today and they said they have an email from visa officer asking to redo chest xray. However, we did not receive any email. They said there is no date record when visa officer asked for re-test.

1) Were we supposed to get an email or do these extra test requests come in mail?
2) And do the visa officers look into medical reports after the applicant has passed the eligibility? I mean should it be a little sign of relief that we are one step closer to passport request? Since my mum never had any chest problems, I wonder they just need a clearer xray view or something.
3) And last thing, should my mum go to the panel physician and get xray done or we should wait for the email or mail request?

Sorry that I am asking so many questions, but I am so worried. Regards!