+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - anyone applied as yet?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi @Bryanna 1) Were we supposed to get an email or do these extra test requests come in mail?
Sometimes applicants don't get these furtherance requests by email.

2) And do the visa officers look into medical reports after the applicant has passed the eligibility?
Has your mom passed the eligibility? If more tests are requested then she would not have passed eligibility.

I mean should it be a little sign of relief that we are one step closer to passport request? Since my mum never had any chest problems, I wonder they just need a clearer xray view or something.
IRCC does not ask for another chest x-ray to get a clearer picture. These x-rays could be requested if the panel physician suspects TB or some other chest abnormality.

3) And last thing, should my mum go to the panel physician and get xray done or we should wait for the email or mail request?
Don't wait. Get the new tests done asap

Don't worry :)

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
Sometimes applicants don't get these furtherance requests by email.

Has your mom passed the eligibility? If more tests are requested then she would not have passed eligibility.

IRCC does not ask for another chest x-ray to get a clearer picture. These x-rays could be requested if the panel physician suspects TB or some other chest abnormality.
Ok, she does not have history of any chest disease. I hope all goes well.

Don't wait. Get the new tests done asap
I will ask my mum to go for these tests at earliest then.

Don't worry :)
Thank you so much again for your help! :) Crossed fingers

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@ankz001

It's not always an indication of a chest disease. For example: Pneumonia in childhood/early adult can leave scarring on the lungs which can incorrectly seem like TB. So, the doctors would like to determine the cause of that scarring. Or, maybe the panel physician needs another x-ray because the previous one is quite close to the end of the 12 months' medical validity

Fingers crossed

Reactions: ankz001

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
@ankz001

It's not always an indication of a chest disease. For example: Pneumonia in childhood/early adult can leave scarring on the lungs which can incorrectly seem like TB. So, the doctors would like to determine the cause of that scarring. Or, maybe the panel physician needs another x-ray because the previous one is quite close to the end of the 12 months' medical validity

Fingers crossed
Ok, Thank you! Fingers crossed!! I want to see my mum soon :)

kaur989

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
Hey!
My parents were rejected visa before
Now they both got supervisa approval.
Strange is my dad uci number has been changed.
Is this normal?

Pmalhi

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Hello guys i applied for my mothers super visa through a representative, now am i able to check her status myself by creating an account online? Or will that cause conflict since my representative also has an account that she applied through. it was applied online.
Please help

Msingj

Jun 24, 2018
I just wanted to update you guys especially kaushik sitapara as we applied on same day May 30.

I received PPR request for my mother today.

I have a question guys, can they refuse now from this step or can i ho ahead and book ticket for my mother??

It’s getting very costly day by day, i want to book tickets today. Please let me know. Appreciate the answer.

Hi

I have a question regarding documents shown for your parents. U mentioned that uou did'nt include any financial documents for them?
What proof of ties to home country did you show for them?
We applied for my in laws visitor visa which got rejected- reasons were given-
-travel history
-purpose of visit - we r inviting them since our first baby is due this year in September
- proof of ties to home country as both kids are in Canada - we showed job letter for father in law and also my husband s grandmother lives with my in laws
Lack of assets- since they dont own any property in India

So now we are thinking of applying for supervisa for them.do you guys think super visa is easier to get in this situation. We cannot change the fact that both know are in Canada and they dont own any property in India.
Please suggest....

Msingj

Jun 24, 2018
Hi guys
Need suggestions please
Me and my husband applied visitor visa for my in laws but it was rejected. The reasons given-
-Travel history
- purpose of visit- we r inviting them as we r expecting our first baby in September
- proof of ties in Canada and home country- probably coz both kids are in Canada ;we showed my father in laws job letter and my husband's grandmother lives with my in laws so we made an affidavit fir that
- lack of financial assets in home country- they dont own any property in India. We showed their lease agreement for this year.

Now we are thinking of applying super visa for them instead. Our family income is 100k plus . Would this be a better option?
Need suggestions specially from others who had similar scenario...thank u

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Hi guys
Need suggestions please
Me and my husband applied visitor visa for my in laws but it was rejected. The reasons given-
-Travel history
- purpose of visit- we r inviting them as we r expecting our first baby in September
- proof of ties in Canada and home country- probably coz both kids are in Canada ;we showed my father in laws job letter and my husband's grandmother lives with my in laws so we made an affidavit fir that
- lack of financial assets in home country- they dont own any property in India. We showed their lease agreement for this year.

Now we are thinking of applying super visa for them instead. Our family income is 100k plus . Would this be a better option?
Need suggestions specially from others who had similar scenario...thank u
Hi so my situation is almost similar, my wife's parents had no travel history, the purpose of visit was just to visit family, both of their kids (my wife and her brother) are PR in Canada so no immediate family back home. We also had more than enough income to cover the cut off for super visa, only difference is that they owned farm land back in India and two houses. They got a super visa within a month, I think that had we applied for regular visa it would have been rejected. Just remember that you will need to buy insurance for 1 year up front for both of them, depending on their age that could be around $1200-$1500 each.

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Just sharing my timeline incase it might help others.
Applied for supervisa May 17th 2018 online with upfront medicals for both in laws.
June 15th received passport request.
June 18th passport handed in at Chandigarh.
June 22nd got notification that passport has been couriered/dispatched.
June 25th passport in hand with 10 year multi entry pg-1 visa. Now just looking at tickets to book for early July

@Bryanna
I have seen some of your older posts and posts from other senior members who say that the initial visit is for 2 years and each subsequent visit is for 6 months. When I read the CIC website I see it in a few places where it can be interpreted to mean multiple entries of 2 years at a time. Have the rules recently changed?

Msingj

Jun 24, 2018
Hi so my situation is almost similar, my wife's parents had no travel history, the purpose of visit was just to visit family, both of their kids (my wife and her brother) are PR in Canada so no immediate family back home. We also had more than enough income to cover the cut off for super visa, only difference is that they owned farm land back in India and two houses. They got a super visa within a month, I think that had we applied for regular visa it would have been rejected. Just remember that you will need to buy insurance for 1 year up front for both of them, depending on their age that could be around $1200-$1500 each.
Thank you so much for your reply. The only problem is that they dont own any property in India. But my father in law is still working and my husbands grand mother is still alive and lives with my in- laws since father in law is the only son.
Does the parents assets matter for super visa?
They are showing around 15 k CAD in bank accounts and can show jewelry evaluation.

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Thank you so much for your reply. The only problem is that they dont own any property in India. But my father in law is still working and my husbands grand mother is still alive and lives with my in- laws since father in law is the only son.
Does the parents assets matter for super visa?
They are showing around 15 k CAD in bank accounts and can show jewelry evaluation.
I would like to clarify that I am no expert, as you can see I have very few posts. The thing with a super visa is that you can shift some of the evidence to be based off of your family and not your parents. For example your income and your ability to support them becomes more important. Having upfront medicals done and 1 year worth of insurance with $100,000 coverage and repatriation gives Canada that extra bit of security that your parents wont be a burden on the medical system. Lets face it, for a regular trv you will not be able to improve their travel history in that short period of time, you will not be able to get around their strong ties to Canada, I'm assuming your mother in law is a house wife so she likely is not going to get a job right? Obviously nothing is guaranteed but you want them to see their grandchild in September, so to answer your original question, is a super visa a better option...I would say yes.

How long have you been in Canada? can you show tax returns for last year that shows you and your husband are over 100k? Are you also prepared to pay around $2500-$3000 up front for insurance?

cheemaprince_brar

Jun 21, 2014
Just sharing my timeline incase it might help others.
Applied for supervisa May 17th 2018 online with upfront medicals for both in laws.
June 15th received passport request.
June 18th passport handed in at Chandigarh.
June 22nd got notification that passport has been couriered/dispatched.
June 25th passport in hand with 10 year multi entry pg-1 visa. Now just looking at tickets to book for early July

@Bryanna
I have seen some of your older posts and posts from other senior members who say that the initial visit is for 2 years and each subsequent visit is for 6 months. When I read the CIC website I see it in a few places where it can be interpreted to mean multiple entries of 2 years at a time. Have the rules recently changed?
Thanks for sharing... i applied on june 8... fingers crossed for coming weeks

ahmadaziz

Jun 27, 2018
Hey guys,

I applied for my mom's super visa on April 10th, 2018. She lives in Pakistan and the current processing time is 79 days. She completed her medical examination on May 8th, 2018.

Its the 79th day tomorrow and we havent heard back from CIC. Is this normal or should I be concerned?

Thanks,
Ahmad

ahmadaziz

Jun 27, 2018
Thanks for sharing... i applied on june 8... fingers crossed for coming weeks
Hey,

when you got the passport request, did you have to send that letter along with your passport for the visa sptamping?

I applied with a lawyer and he is very bad at replying to my calls so I called CIC and they are telling me that the application has been approved and I need to submit my passport now. Do I need to get that letter from my lawyer or can I just go ahead and submit the passport?

Thanks,
Ahmad