+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa 2021

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This forum has helped me a lot throughout this journey so here is my post to help in return.

Details:
  1. My father had a visitor visa that expires in Aug 10 2021
  2. I applied for Supervisa in Feb 2021 when he was in India, however, due to Biometrics suspension, the case basically went on hold.
  3. On July 18 2021, he reached Canada using his existing Visitor visa instead of waiting for Supervisa given IRCC had a huge backlog. He successfully landed in Canada with few days left for visitor visa expiry. Keep in mind, even if the Visa expires - the entry is granted for 6 months (unless otherwise told or stamped on passport) - Read
    1. https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=442&top=16
    2. https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1016&top=16
  4. July 29, 2021 - My father was able to complete biometrics within Canada at one of the Designated Service Canada offices
    1. Biometrics got updated on the portal the same day however it took 2 more days for it to update in the "Details about your application status" section.
  5. August 3, 2021 - We received a request for "Medical Report - Section A Client identification and summary (IMM 1017E)"
    1. My father was able to complete his medicals with one of Panel Physician
  6. August 19, 2021 - Doctor's office confirmed the submission of medicals to IRCC
  7. August 20, 2021 - Using Webform, I explained and attached a cover letter explaining IRCC about submission of Biometrics/Medicals within Canada. I further explained about my father's US Travel history and how he should be granted Supervisa within Canada on humanitarian and compassionate grounds
  8. August 30, 2021 - PPR: Passport Request and the same day we sent passport to CPC Ottawa
  9. Unfortunately, my father had a brain stroke and could not live to see his Supervisa
  10. September 15, 2021 - Passport received from CPC Ottawa with Supervisa PG-1 Counterfoil
I’m sorry for your loss. You must inform IRCC that your father has passed so they will cancel the supervisa in their electronic system. I hope he has taken out travel medical insurance.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
This forum has helped me a lot throughout this journey so here is my post to help in return.

Details:
  2. I applied for Supervisa in Feb 2021 when he was in India, however, due to Biometrics suspension, the case basically went on hold.
  3. On July 18 2021, he reached Canada using his existing Visitor visa instead of waiting for Supervisa given IRCC had a huge backlog. He successfully landed in Canada with few days left for visitor visa expiry. Keep in mind, even if the Visa expires - the entry is granted for 6 months (unless otherwise told or stamped on passport) - Read
  4. July 29, 2021 - My father was able to complete biometrics within Canada at one of the Designated Service Canada offices
    1. Biometrics got updated on the portal the same day however it took 2 more days for it to update in the "Details about your application status" section.
  5. August 3, 2021 - We received a request for "Medical Report - Section A Client identification and summary (IMM 1017E)"
  6. August 19, 2021 - Doctor's office confirmed the submission of medicals to IRCC
  7. August 20, 2021 - Using Webform, I explained and attached a cover letter explaining IRCC about submission of Biometrics/Medicals within Canada. I further explained about my father's US Travel history and how he should be granted Supervisa within Canada on humanitarian and compassionate grounds
  8. August 30, 2021 - PPR: Passport Request and the same day we sent passport to CPC Ottawa
  9. Unfortunately, my father had a brain stroke and could not live to see his Supervisa
  10. September 15, 2021 - Passport received from CPC Ottawa with Supervisa PG-1 Counterfoil
Sorry for your lost. :(
My MIL also passed away before she got her PPR (PGP).
IRCC finally refunded our landing fee (We actually didn't request for the refund. We only updated via webform on her passing) over a year from that.

SimpleMac

Nov 22, 2016

Details:
sorry for your loss. May his soul rest in peace

Nellyshinwari

Star Member
Sep 9, 2021
You need to contact Abu-Dhabi Office and ask them to prioritise your application. I have similar timeline for Super Visa. When i emailed them they opened the file and sent medical.
Sorry question how long did they reply back to you I emailed them on Monday now waiting to see what they will say I just hope they don’t refuse the super visa

Logans

Mar 31, 2017
Our application passed medicals
  1. Submitted Aug 15
  2. Biometrics requested: Aug 17
  3. Biometrics completed: Aug 24
  4. Medical requested: Sep 15
  5. Medical done: Sep 17
  6. Medical passed (in application): Sep 21
Anyone who got super visa approval recently, how long can it take after medical passed?
which visa office, and was it on some compassionate grounds? seems pretty fast,i applied may 2021 still not medical request

SauronBaggins

Sep 10, 2021
which visa office, and was it on some compassionate grounds? seems pretty fast,i applied may 2021 still not medical request
We didn't seek any compassionate ground yet. Just a normal application. And we still haven't recieved PPR yet - only medical passed is the current status. From what I've been reading, people have been stuck at various stages of the application for months or even years. That's why I was just wondering how much time it is taking these days to get PPR after medical passed.

And I don't know the visa office. None of the letters mention it. Is this something we have to ask them via webform or anywhere I need to look?

Logans

Mar 31, 2017
We didn't seek any compassionate ground yet. Just a normal application. And we still haven't recieved PPR yet - only medical passed is the current status. From what I've been reading, people have been stuck at various stages of the application for months or even years. That's why I was just wondering how much time it is taking these days to get PPR after medical passed.

And I don't know the visa office. None of the letters mention it. Is this something we have to ask them via webform or anywhere I need to look?
you can raise webform if you need the answer, but I will suggest to wait for few more days as now a days it might take 4 to 6 weeks for PPR

mapleleafland

Star Member
Mar 13, 2014
I am confused what is written on the CIC website which is as follows in quotes

"If you applied before September 7, 2021, and you already told us that you qualify for a COVID-19 exemption"

I dont know if how would we have told them that there are some questions if any one like to answer and clear this confusion.

1. How could we have let them know that my parents qualify for an exemption?
  2. What is the criteria of the COVID-19 qualification exemption?
  3. Is there a way we can let them know now ?
  4. Has any one resubmitted the another application and how ?
  5. The webform on this link https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx, which option should I select to inquire about this ?
Any help will be appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: swordenium

lildip

Jan 10, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is the detailed timeline for my father :

Application Submitted: 14 September
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: On September 20, 2021, You passed the medical exam
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics : September 21, 2021 Completed
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Any idea when will he get the passport request?

amit1984

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
Here is the detailed timeline for my father :

Application Submitted: 14 September
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: On September 20, 2021, You passed the medical exam
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics : September 21, 2021 Completed
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Any idea when will he get the passport request? What is your VO?
Did you re-apply or was it your first time?

Fabia

Apr 26, 2014
Do we need to print the application and sign and upload or we can just type the applicant name when applying Please help , I am looking to Apply Super visa for my Mom who is in India.

Thanks

Ziya K

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hi All,
Im new to this super visa thing
Im Indian and my husband is Canadian. My spousal sponsorship was just completed, I’m still in India planning to travel Canada by Nov and get my PR CARD.
Later I have plans to apply for super visa for my mother, I have few questions, as others are experienced here, please help
1. I won’t be working in Canada to show financial proof, so can I use my husbands proof to show funds to support my mother.
2. My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2016, had gone through knee surgery, couple of hernia surgeries, looking at all this is there a chance for her to get super visa?
3. I’m aware of insurance for parents that is must, how much does it cost to take insurance
4. How long is current processing time taking, can we also apply online (digitally) or we have to do paper application

please help

Reactions: Afsana92

Afsana92

Star Member
Aug 12, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore visa office
App. Filed.......
17th December, 2020
AOR Received.
17th February, 2021
Hi All,
Im new to this super visa thing
Im Indian and my husband is Canadian. My spousal sponsorship was just completed, I’m still in India planning to travel Canada by Nov and get my PR CARD.
Later I have plans to apply for super visa for my mother, I have few questions, as others are experienced here, please help
1. I won’t be working in Canada to show financial proof, so can I use my husbands proof to show funds to support my mother.
2. My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2016, had gone through knee surgery, couple of hernia surgeries, looking at all this is there a chance for her to get super visa?
3. I’m aware of insurance for parents that is must, how much does it cost to take insurance
4. How long is current processing time taking, can we also apply online (digitally) or we have to do paper application

please help
Hey I m on the same boat as ur's.. I will also be landing on November..recently my spouse sponsorship was approved... next year I want to apply for my parents supervisa...
My question- is marriage certificate of parents mandatory to submit with the application??

kool_suny

Star Member
Dec 18, 2020
Does anybody have a idea if we can apply for supervisa for India passport holder from a third country(USA). My Mom has a US visitor visa and thinking if she can apply from USA if processing can be faster than India.