+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa 2021

desi_me_rollin

Jun 1, 2017
If you have uploaded the required documents for SUPER VISA Application, Send them a Webform query that you intended to apply for your Parents Super Visa and Not a Regular Visit Visa, Then wait for the response. They might not refuse your application but they might give you a regular visit visa for parents, Just not the super visa.
You should also check if you managed to upload the medical insurance information. Usually on a normal visit visa, you do not have the option to the upload your medical insurance for parents.

I would attach it along with the webform while stating that you made a mistake in the application selection process.

brindi

Apr 8, 2021
Hi I am trying to apply for super visa for my mom and one of the documents I need to upload is Employment Insurance (child/grandchild) (required) how do I get this since I am still working or di I upload my pay stubs from work ?
You can upload your pay stubs, employment letter, NOA,T4 which ever applicable to you

desi_me_rollin

Jun 1, 2017
Hi I am trying to apply for super visa for my mom and one of the documents I need to upload is Employment Insurance (child/grandchild) (required) how do I get this since I am still working or di I upload my pay stubs from work ?
Yes, go back to your initial application questionnaire and select the appropriate proof that you will be submitting. In the current selection, you have selected "Employment Insurance (child/grandchild)". You can choose from other options as well such as Employment letter, T4, NOA, etc. Once selected, your upload document section will reflect the selected options accordingly.

sunyyy

Nov 14, 2018
Hi, Me and my wife are trying to apply for a supervisa for my mum... I have some questions ..

I am a student, my PR application is in process and will be completing my studies by May 10th and my wife and child are Canadian citizen

1. should I add my bank statement apart from I and my wife NOA indicating that we have enough saved up?
2. I have booked for medical upfront which is may 6th, Should I wait till upfront medical done before applying ?

3. In the purpose of visit should I add ?

-flight itenary ?
-proof of medical appointment (upfront medical appointment? Or do they mean something else ? )
- short letter from my mum stating her quarantine plan using the flight itenary ?

desi_me_rollin

Jun 1, 2017
Hi, Me and my wife are trying to apply for a supervisa for my mum... I have some questions ..

I am a student, my PR application is in process and will be completing my studies by May 10th and my wife and child are Canadian citizen

1. should I add my bank statement apart from I and my wife NOA indicating that we have enough saved up?
2. I have booked for medical upfront which is may 6th, Should I wait till upfront medical done before applying ?

-flight itenary ?
-proof of medical appointment (upfront medical appointment? Or do they mean something else ? )
- short letter from my mum stating her quarantine plan using the flight itenary ?
Unless I am mistaken, you can not apply for a supervisa for your mother until you are a PR or are a citizen.

See here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/parent-grandparent-super-visa/eligibility.html

To be eligible for a super visa, you must:
  • be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
She will likely have to submit a normal visit visa application.

Reactions: YVR123

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

-flight itenary ?
You mother is not eligible for a supervisa until you are a PR. She can apply for a visitor visa with written authorization to travel

sunyyy

Nov 14, 2018

desi_me_rollin

Jun 1, 2017
Even if she is a grand parent to a Canadian citizen ?
Then she is eligible but I am guessing you are talking about your child born here who is now a Canadian Citizen? Unfortunately your child may not qualify to host her grandparent since they do not work, have a salary etc etc. In case some how your child is working and all that, then he/she can submit an application.

Reactions: YVR123

beforecanada2014

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Visa Office......
accra
LANDED..........
15th Dec 2016
Application submitted: Jan 8th
Biometrics requested: Jan 10th
Biometric completed (At Nepal): 15th Feb
Mail sent to IRCC for faster processing: Mar 7th
Medicals Requested: Mar 16th
Medicals Done in Mumbai: Mar 22nd
Medicals Passed: Mar 31st
Passport Request: April 6th
Can you share your reason for requesting IRCC to process your application faster on March 7 ?
It appears that request fast tracked your application....Congrats once again

Megs65

Apr 14, 2021
My parents super visa process was done on march 2020.Also did the medical but after that havent got any response from ircc. Dont know why

mapleleafland

Star Member
Mar 13, 2014
My parents super visa process was done on march 2020.Also did the medical but after that havent got any response from ircc. Dont know why

Did you write "Other" or SuperVisa - Parent and grandparent in Imm5257 application? Can some one please response to my query. Thank you

mapleleafland

Star Member
Mar 13, 2014
I think they wrote supervisa. What should be written ? Thanks for responsing.
Thanks for responding. Please see this post where I have pasted the link from the IRCC website where the instructions to write other in the visitor visa application are displayed. This is what makes me so confused.

"Other" as a Response in Purpose of travel in Super Visa application | Canada Immigration Forum (canadavisa.com)

Is there anyone here who have submitted super visa application after February 21, 2021. Can they share what they have written. Here is the link for the instructions on Gov of Canada website Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and visitors to Canada: Visitor visa applications - Canada.ca

Last edited: