+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Other" as a Response in Purpose of travel in Super Visa application

mapleleafland

Star Member
Mar 13, 2014
Has anyone submitted the super visa with a response in the purpose of travel as Other with the COVID-19 in the description on form IMM5257e recently? Are these accepted as the correct option for super visa ? Has anyone has got any progress (biometric request etc) after submitting the super visa application with this? When I tried submitting the super visa form with Other as an option in my IMM5257, I was unable to upload the IMM5257 PDF, until I changed it back to the "super visa" as an option for the purpose of travel in my online application. Has anyone experienced the same?

Here is the page where the instructions are written. Does this apply to a super visa as well? Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and visitors to Canada: Visitor visa applications - Canada.ca

G Deep

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Hi,

Did you find the solution to the above query? I am facing the same dilemma. I am a Canadian PR and I want to apply Super Visa for my mother, who is in India currently.

On IRCC website, it states "If you’re eligible to travel to Canada at this time, you need to tell us, so we can prioritize the processing of your application. "

I did not understand how should we tell the IRCC that my mother is eligible to travel, so that her application processing can be prioritized?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

Did you find the solution to the above query? I am facing the same dilemma. I am a Canadian PR and I want to apply Super Visa for my mother, who is in India currently.

On IRCC website, it states "If you’re eligible to travel to Canada at this time, you need to tell us, so we can prioritize the processing of your application. "

I did not understand how should we tell the IRCC that my mother is eligible to travel, so that her application processing can be prioritized?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
She still needs to apply for a supervisa and if she hasn't done biometrics in the past she will need to wait until doing them is possible in India or until she can travel to the UAE or Nepal to do them.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#authorization

Reactions: G Deep

G Deep

Star Member
May 15, 2019
She still needs to apply for a supervisa and if she hasn't done biometrics in the past she will need to wait until doing them is possible in India or until she can travel to the UAE or Nepal to do them.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#authorization
Thanks for the prompt reply. She has not done biometrics, so we will need to wait till the VAC centers open in India.

However, my main concern is how should we tell IRCC that she is eligible to travel (since I am a PR here) so that her application is prioritized? On the IRCC website, it's mentioned that in form 5257, we should mention "purpose of visit" as "Other" and mention "COVID-19" in the description box. Is this required or I should simply put "Super Visa" in the Purpose of Visit field?

The snapshot from IRCC website for reference:

How to apply for a visitor visa
If you’re eligible to travel to Canada at this time, you need to tell us, so we can prioritize the processing of your application.

We’re prioritizing applications for non-discretionary travel during this time. You also must meet all regular visitor visa eligibility and admissibility requirements.

Step 2: Fill out the form
When answering the question on the application form about the purpose of travel, enter the following information exactly as written to make sure your application is prioritized:

• For question 1 a) purpose of travel, choose “other” from the drop-down menu.
  • For question 1 b) description field, write “COVID-19” exactly like this (you must use capital letters).

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for the prompt reply. She has not done biometrics, so we will need to wait till the VAC centers open in India.

However, my main concern is how should we tell IRCC that she is eligible to travel (since I am a PR here) so that her application is prioritized? On the IRCC website, it's mentioned that in form 5257, we should mention "purpose of visit" as "Other" and mention "COVID-19" in the description box. Is this required or I should simply put "Super Visa" in the Purpose of Visit field?

The snapshot from IRCC website for reference:

How to apply for a visitor visa
If you’re eligible to travel to Canada at this time, you need to tell us, so we can prioritize the processing of your application.

We’re prioritizing applications for non-discretionary travel during this time. You also must meet all regular visitor visa eligibility and admissibility requirements.

Step 2: Fill out the form
When answering the question on the application form about the purpose of travel, enter the following information exactly as written to make sure your application is prioritized:

• For question 1 a) purpose of travel, choose “other” from the drop-down menu.
  • For question 1 b) description field, write “COVID-19” exactly like this (you must use capital letters).
Honestly there is no rush because visitors have not been able to do biometrics in India for over a year. You need VACs to open and for them to accept applicants who want to visit Canada. Many have traveled to Dubai or Nepal when it was possible this year.

Reactions: G Deep

G Deep

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Honestly there is no rush because visitors have not been able to do biometrics in India for over a year. You need VACs to open and for them to accept applicants who want to visit Canada. Many have traveled to Dubai or Nepal when it was possible this year.
Yeah agree, the process will take some time. Thanks.

G Deep

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Just a follow-up query on my mother's Super Visa application-

Since we need to mention the duration of the trip in the Invitation letter or Purpose of travel letter, I was thinking to mention the length of the visit as 7 months from September-21 to March-22. Is that a reasonable duration to provide?

I read somewhere that if we give a duration of over 9 months, there are chances that the Super Visa might be rejected. So, just wanted to check if there is a optimum duration period that might increase the chances of Visa approval?

Reactions: johncall

johncall

Sep 10, 2020
Hello Friends,

Can I show the proof of funds for Super Visa for my parents in the form of Stocks, RRSP, TFSA, and some funds in a bank checking account?

Or only the funds in the bank account will be considered as the proof of funds for Super Visa?

Also, Recently from Canada, I travelled to my home country. Before submitting the super visa application for my parents, should I wait until I am physically present in Canada again or I can submit the super visa application while I am in my home country temporarily?
Parents are off course in the home country.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Friends,

Can I show the proof of funds for Super Visa for my parents in the form of Stocks, RRSP, TFSA, and some funds in a bank checking account?

Or only the funds in the bank account will be considered as the proof of funds for Super Visa?

Also, Recently from Canada, I travelled to my home country. Before submitting the super visa application for my parents, should I wait until I am physically present in Canada again or I can submit the super visa application while I am in my home country temporarily?
Parents are off course in the home country.
Duplicate post