+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa 2021

georgekuttym

May 10, 2018
Please help
My mom’s supervisa got PPR today, but she’s in Canada right now on her visit visa.
We applied on June 06, 2022 while she was in India. Now she came to Canada 2 days ago.
If anyone has similar situations before please let me know, much appreciated!

Reactions: asaeed100

ryvinson

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Please help
My mom’s supervisa got PPR today, but she’s in Canada right now on her visit visa.
We applied on June 06, 2022 while she was in India. Now she came to Canada 2 days ago.
If anyone has similar situations before please let me know, much appreciated!
Contact VFS Canada for guidance.

HS07

Sep 28, 2021
Hello everyone,
My dad came on super visa first time yesterday. He landed at Toronto POE . The officer stamped and wrote July 8, 2023 on it. I believe the entry is only for one year. Why didn't he get 5 years entry?
Please leave your suggestions what should I do?
Regards,

nadsmomin

Jan 3, 2022
Hello everyone,
My dad came on super visa first time yesterday. He landed at Toronto POE . The officer stamped and wrote July 8, 2023 on it. I believe the entry is only for one year. Why didn't he get 5 years entry?
Please leave your suggestions what should I do?
Regards,
You can always ask to extend your stay, but the super visa does not guarantee that it will be for two years. Here is the email response from the IRCC;

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. As discussed, you will find below complementary information to our conversation:

Super visa - Length of stay - Less than 2 years on initial entry
The parent and grandparent super visa can allow eligible parents and grandparents to remain in Canada for an authorized period of up to two years from their initial entry into the country.
However, if you did not get a Visitor Record when you arrived in Canada, and there is:
  • A stamp in your passport and a handwritten date:
    • it is important you leave the country on or before that date.
  • A stamp in your passport, but no handwritten date, or
  • No stamp in your passport:
    • it is important you leave the country two years from the date of your initial entry.
To obtain a Visitor record or to extend your stay in Canada as a visitor:
  • You can apply by mail or online before the expiry date of your current status,
    • we recommend reading the instruction guide first, it will assist you to fill out the form and it will give you the address where to mail it.
  • You are authorized to stay in Canada until a decision is made.

himu2016

Dec 17, 2015
Hello Experts,

I am looking to apply for Super Visa for my in laws but they are currently in Canada with us on a Visitor Visa. Can I apply for Super Visa now ? or do they have to be out of Canada physically (in my home country) while applying??

I heard from some of the immigration consultants and my friends that they have to be physically present in my home country while applying.

If this is the case then what is the reason behind it ?

Memejkl

Feb 26, 2022
Hello, I'm applying for my mother in-law Super Visa and I have a few questions:

1. National Identity Document: What people normally add in here? The passport or the ID of her country of Citizenship (Venezuela)?
2. Invitation: Should be only my husband or do I have to add myself there are I would like to use also my employment information as more supporting documents?
3. Dates for Visit: We would like her to come ASAP, but unsure what dates should I include in here, August or September? I know that it should be more that 6 months.
4. Super Visa or Multiples Entry Visa: A friend got approved, but they stamp a Multiple Entry Visa in the passport, and apparently the visa has to be extended at the 6 months. Someone with similar situation?
5. Parliament Member Letter: Lot of people has advise me to use this letter in the supporting documents. Has anyone got this? If so, can you explain the experience and what this letter should say?

Thank you in advance for your help and answers!

onkarsharan

Apr 21, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-07-2017
Doc's Request.
30-07-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
22-07-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
01-05.2018
Hey Guys,
I applied for my parent's SuperVisa on 24th May 2021.
Received BIL in a week, and submitted the same.
Medicals submitted upfront.

Until March 2022, no update.
15th April: Medicals Passed for both (just before 1 year).
20th April: Medicals Passed no longer shows on both applications.

30 inquiries until now, no single valuable update from the sloths at IRCC.

May 20th: I approached my local MP, and they called IRCC on my behalf, the office told that Medicals have been passed and criminality check is done. Our local MP asked us to connect if we don't hear in 1 month.

June 20th: 1 month goes by and nothing happens (as usual). Our local MP wrote a letter and sent it to IRCC, I submitted the same on my behlf.

I'm disheartened and I have no idea what to do anymore. I don't want to apply on another visa portal and bla bla because my parents are old and I cannot ask them to run again to gather all documentation.

The lazy bums at IRCC doesn't care! No updates and nothing! And then I see most of the applications getting approved in 6 months.

WHAT SHOULD I DO???

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
Hey Guys,
I applied for my parent's SuperVisa on 24th May 2021.
Received BIL in a week, and submitted the same.
Medicals submitted upfront.

Until March 2022, no update.
15th April: Medicals Passed for both (just before 1 year).
20th April: Medicals Passed no longer shows on both applications.

30 inquiries until now, no single valuable update from the sloths at IRCC.

May 20th: I approached my local MP, and they called IRCC on my behalf, the office told that Medicals have been passed and criminality check is done. Our local MP asked us to connect if we don't hear in 1 month.

June 20th: 1 month goes by and nothing happens (as usual). Our local MP wrote a letter and sent it to IRCC, I submitted the same on my behlf.

I'm disheartened and I have no idea what to do anymore. I don't want to apply on another visa portal and bla bla because my parents are old and I cannot ask them to run again to gather all documentation.

The lazy bums at IRCC doesn't care! No updates and nothing! And then I see most of the applications getting approved in 6 months.

WHAT SHOULD I DO???
Don't be disheartened Man. I applied on 26th Feb and no update yet if that comforts you a bit. :)