+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa 2021

foxygrandpa

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
Were you earning an income (rental income and Uber eats while receiving any form of Covid benefit)? if so you may not have qualified for the amount you received and may be clawed back on your 2022 income tax.
Hello there
From what I know, they take a detailed look at your finances using your NOA and other pay slips. The issue with your situation, and I am not judging, is that you are kind of a financial liability for the government since you are living at government housing and have a kind of job aligned with a contractor job that is rather unstable and unpredictable. The big factor for these visa situations is that the government wants to make sure that when you bring your parents that you can fully fund their expenditure in addition to yours. In other words you have to have a healthy financial portfolio. My bitter and sad experience with government is that they don’t want you to rely on them for anything. So I would be very cautious applying on the basis that they will deny your request on not meeting the LICO requirement. So save yourself that $200 please.

J4i6

Nov 8, 2017
Application submitted May 6, 2022
Biometric Completed May 11
Medical request and eligibility reviewing
started July 15
Medical passed July 26
When I can expect PPR? How long it takes usually?

Hymerista

Aug 2, 2019
started July 15
Medical passed July 26
Don't hold your breath .... I applied from UK 2 days before you. Still nothing! I don't believe I'll ever get one with the current processing issues. Its downright cruel and inhumane.

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
By the way just for all the new applicants, LICO requirements for 2022 have been published so be mindful as the amount has increased.

https://ibb.co/9W75XBG

Note - This does not affect existing applications.

Rsingh401

Dec 1, 2021
started July 15
Medical passed July 26
Applied on april 4 same status as you and waiting and its my second application

manisp

Star Member
May 18, 2022
what about the medical is it passed for you?
No. We submitted upfront medical and it is not updated yet.
The status has been same from the day we submitted the application.
Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • April 11, 2022 Completed.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

msingh199

Nov 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not sure if some one in the same boat. I applied on 28th July and I came to know that medical insurance must be paid in full. I purchased the monthly plan. No idea what should I do. Can we purchase in full and upload via portal again?
Parents alrelady got finger print request. Thoughts?

Last edited:

sahilsidhu26

Aug 2, 2022
Please help
My mom’s supervisa got PPR today, but she’s in Canada right now on her visit visa.
We applied on June 06, 2022 while she was in India. Now she came to Canada 2 days ago.
If anyone has similar situations before please let me know, much appreciated!
you can contact ircc to make exception, my friend did that and they sent passport here in Canada for visa stamping.
btw did u apply using new ircc portal or old gc key portal?

Aman026

Dec 14, 2018
Not sure if some one in the same boat. I applied on 28th July and I came to know that medical insurance must be paid in full. I purchased the monthly plan. No idea what should I do. Can we purchase in full and upload via portal again?
Parents alrelady got finger print request. Thoughts?
Same happened to me..
I also Purchased monthly insurance plan & applied on 15th of July .Biometric completed on 22nd apply.

Shahid12

Nov 9, 2019
Please help
My mom’s supervisa got PPR today, but she’s in Canada right now on her visit visa.
We applied on June 06, 2022 while she was in India. Now she came to Canada 2 days ago.
If anyone has similar situations before please let me know, much appreciated!
When you got PPR