+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa 2021

Yesha Dave

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
you need to apply extension 30 days ahead for further stay. Ideally the officer at port should have stamped for 2 years , but looks like it was stamped for 1 year only..if visa expiry is April end , then quickly go and apply for extension. They can be here on implied status till IRCC reverts. They might ask for medical exam but am sure they will extend...
Thank you for your reply. There is no stamp/date for 2 years on the passport. It just has the stamp of the day they entered. Their visa is going to expire on April 23rd, so I'll apply for an extension today.

Yesha Dave

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi Folks! My parents came here last week on their super-visa. But their visa is going to expire this April end.
I've heard from one of the lawyers that they can stay for 2 years from the day they entered Canada even the visa is expiring early. Is this true? Does anyone here have such experience?
Thanks in advance!

Hi Guys, Just an update on the question I raise if anybody is in a similar situation.

Here is the link: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=442

Must I leave Canada by the valid until date on my visitor visa?
No. The date on the visitor visa is the date by which you must arrive in Canada.
How long you can stay will be decided when you enter Canada.
Length of stay decided by a border services officer
If you see a border services officer at the port of entry, they will tell you how long you can stay in Canada in 1 of these ways:
  • If the officer stamps your passport and writes a date under that stamp
    • You must leave Canada by that date
  • If the officer stamps your passport and gives you a visitor record
    • You must leave Canada by the date under “Valid until” on that visitor record.
  • If the officer stamps your passport without writing a date under that stamp or giving you a visitor record
    • You can stay in Canada for 6 months.
If you have a super visa
If you enter Canada on a super visa and the border services officer puts a stamp without a date in your passport, you can stay for 2 years.

civiluv24

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-11-2016
Doc's Request.
26-01-2017
Nomination.....
10-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-06-2017
IELTS Request
Submitted with application to CIC
File Transfer...
17-07-2017
Med's Request
07-08-2018
Med's Done....
10-08-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
27-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-Sep-2018
LANDED..........
31-Oct-2018
Thank you for your reply. There is no stamp/date for 2 years on the passport. It just has the stamp of the day they entered. Their visa is going to expire on April 23rd, so I'll apply for an extension today.
Okay then please apply for extension.. All the best

civiluv24

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-11-2016
Doc's Request.
26-01-2017
Nomination.....
10-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-06-2017
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
17-07-2017
Med's Request
07-08-2018
Med's Done....
10-08-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
27-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-Sep-2018
LANDED..........
31-Oct-2018
Hi Guys, Just an update on the question I raise if anybody is in a similar situation.

Here is the link: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=442

Must I leave Canada by the valid until date on my visitor visa?
No. The date on the visitor visa is the date by which you must arrive in Canada.
How long you can stay will be decided when you enter Canada.
Length of stay decided by a border services officer
If you see a border services officer at the port of entry, they will tell you how long you can stay in Canada in 1 of these ways:
  • If the officer stamps your passport and writes a date under that stamp
    • You must leave Canada by that date
  • If the officer stamps your passport and gives you a visitor record
    • You must leave Canada by the date under “Valid until” on that visitor record.
  • If the officer stamps your passport without writing a date under that stamp or giving you a visitor record
    • You can stay in Canada for 6 months.
If you have a super visa
If you enter Canada on a super visa and the border services officer puts a stamp without a date in your passport, you can stay for 2 years.

Wow if border officer did not stamp and you your parents have passport validity , then your parents are good to stay.

Which visa your saying is expiring then?

Yesha Dave

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Wow if border officer did not stamp and you your parents have passport validity , then your parents are good to stay.

Which visa your saying is expiring then?
They have a super visa - the border officer put the stamp (of arrival) but no date under the stamp, so as per CIC they can stay for 2 years.

civiluv24

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-11-2016
Doc's Request.
26-01-2017
Nomination.....
10-02-2017
AOR Received.
21-06-2017
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
17-07-2017
Med's Request
07-08-2018
Med's Done....
10-08-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
27-08-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-Sep-2018
LANDED..........
31-Oct-2018
They have a super visa - the border officer put the stamp (of arrival) but no date under the stamp, so as per CIC they can stay for 2 years.
Yes they can stay for 2 years then..

Reactions: Yesha Dave

Ritesh1000

Jul 29, 2018
Applied second time on New portal but they cancelled my old application and updated new one in progress for eligibility review and Medical updated for March 14. But the situation for the old application was exactly the same. Don't understand now what to do. Any suggestions or what to expect or any step needs to take.
Finally Got the passport request just now. 2nd application on New portal worked for me too. Thanks everyone for sharing your timelines.

Reactions: nyiable and mandy.c

adgrys

Star Member
Feb 16, 2022
Finally Got the passport request just now. 2nd application on New portal worked for me too. Thanks everyone for sharing your timelines.
Congratulations. When did u apply for the first time? were both applications made in new portal?

Ritesh1000

Jul 29, 2018
Congratulations. When did u apply for the first time? were both applications made in new portal?
First Application on November 2020 via Gc Key without upfront Medical. No update on this file. On December 2021, I applied through New portal with upfront Medical and they started review eligibility since then nothing happen. On March 9th I applied again from New portal and they cancelled my old application and just today got Passport request.

jana23

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
For the question, «Is someone else giving you money for your stay in Canada? » is that referring to someone other than the inviting child from Canada or it includes the child? If yes, it says we need to provide proof. In my situation, I’m writing in my invitation letter that I will take care of all expenses (airfare, food, etc). So I’m not sure if I should answer yes or no to the above question, No one else is giving money to parents. Is the letter itself the proof or what else can be done?

mandy.c

Sep 3, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
02-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
01-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
Thanks for the update, Ritesh. I’m on a similar boat for my parents. 1st application on GC Key in March 2021, 2nd application on new portal in Dec 2021. 3rd application on new portal on 15 March 2022. Hope it follows a similar trend as yours and we get it soon too!

mandy.c

Sep 3, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
02-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
01-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
For the question, «Is someone else giving you money for your stay in Canada? » is that referring to someone other than the inviting child from Canada or it includes the child? If yes, it says we need to provide proof. In my situation, I’m writing in my invitation letter that I will take care of all expenses (airfare, food, etc). So I’m not sure if I should answer yes or no to the above question, No one else is giving money to parents. Is the letter itself the proof or what else can be done?
I went with “yes”, since I (child) am covering my parents’ expenses.

Ritesh1000

Jul 29, 2018
Thanks for the update, Ritesh. I’m on a similar boat for my parents. 1st application on GC Key in March 2021, 2nd application on new portal in Dec 2021. 3rd application on new portal on 15 March 2022. Hope it follows a similar trend as yours and we get it soon too!
I am sure you will get this in upcoming week. I also applied 3rd time by advising by some folks in this group and it really worked. And also, answer for some one asked earlier for application applied from which country - India (New Delhi)

Reactions: mandy.c