+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa 2021

astacom

Star Member
Feb 3, 2018
Hi everyone, maybe this question has already been answered before.. If we apply for our parent supervisa, do we submit them separately or as one application for both of them?

PT1997

Aug 9, 2021
Hi everyone, I was applying for my parent's super visa. I am a little confused about the medical insurance requirement. Any idea how to go about it? where to buy it from? Thanks!

mandy.c

Sep 3, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
02-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
01-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
I applied in GC Mar 2021 from India, Bio done in April 2021 and no update at all afterwards. Reapplied in portal on Feb 11, today Feb 18 got passport request. New portal only need few documents its mainly proof of insurance, last year NOA and proof of funds from india, rest is copy of passport and 1-2 simple things. You do need to pay again. GC key application will automatically drop in few days and you may or may not get refund. Hope it helps and good luck
Congrats!! Did you use the same e-medical sheets from the old application?

mandy.c

Sep 3, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
02-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
01-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2017
Hi Mandy thanks for your help. I applied on portal on Feb 11 and got passport request today. Hope you will receive it soon or may be apply again. I have a friend who applied twice on portal as first one had no update for 4 months, second time it came in 3 days
Thank you. Yes, I may have to reapply for a third time. Congrats on your parents’ approval :)

mindraider

Aug 11, 2017
Visa Office......
AbuDhabi
App. Filed.......
Feb 10 2017
Hi everyone, quick question. I applied for my mother for a super visa and she got it thankfully, now she is coming to visit me for 10 days. Do I let the insurance know to start her plan? And after the leaves does the insurance stop the coverage or pause it?

Pawan R Brar

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Thank you. Yes, I may have to reapply for a third time. Congrats on your parents’ approval :)
Considering the same to apply for 3rd time 1st gc key application sitting for 6 months
2nd new portal 3 months already
Now planning for 3rd one.
although thinking if they would refund the application fee afterward?

Pawan R Brar

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Hi everyone, quick question. I applied for my mother for a super visa and she got it thankfully, now she is coming to visit me for 10 days. Do I let the insurance know to start her plan? And after the leaves does the insurance stop the coverage or pause it?
Once she leave make sure she keep the boarding pass so that you can cancel/ pause/ refund the supervisa insurance you already paid for, As far as i know.
also yes you should get it started as per arrival date

Mizchini

Feb 17, 2022
Hello, a few questions came up (while creating an application on the new IRCC portal) any advice on on how to reply would be appreciated..

* the question about national document, do we enter passport info again or enter Aadhar card info(there is no date of issue for Aadhar card tho) or do we click ‘No’..?

* I’m a stay at home mum, so in the GC key application; my husband is my co-signer on the letter of invitation , provided his T4’s and employment info etc..
in the new IRCC portal application, there is a question that asks ‘who is inviting you’..I know my name should be mentioned as I am sponsor and Rep.. there is a follow up question that asks ‘is there anyone else inviting you’ should I enter my husbands name and info as he is the co-signer on the letter of invitation and his T4/ NOA is provided for proof of income ?

* How much money do you have for your stay ?
Is someone providing you the money for your stay?

My father will be bringing some of his own money, what amount should he mention? shouldn’t that reflect what’s in his bank account ?

Besides in my letter of invitation I mentioned that I will take care of any expenses/finances..
So do we type ‘yes’ to the question someone will be providing money for my stay OR should we say No to that question and enter an amount that is available in his bank account ?

* proof of funds - is that where my husband and I submit our Canadian bank statements?

Where does my father submit his bank statements?

The letter of invitation, and bank statements submitted on gc key were as of Oct 2021, can I upload them again? Or do I have to get more recent ones as of Jan 2022?

I apologize for my many questions, I just need to make sure my father gets his visa without any hiccup, so he can stay with me for sometime (it will help us grieve better knowing we are together as we just lost a family member)

saaios

Dec 15, 2018
Anybody here waiting for their parents supervisa application to process since march 2020? its been way past the normal processing time. Not sure how to proceed.

Adrian 553

Jan 14, 2022
My sister in Canada is applying for a super visa for my mother via the new portal does she have to show proof of funds, like bank statement etc? if yes, whats the minimum amount she can show on her statement? my sister in Canada has a household that includes she and her daughter (few months old)

usrinivasanu

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
My sister in Canada is applying for a super visa for my mother via the new portal does she have to show proof of funds, like bank statement etc? if yes, whats the minimum amount she can show on her statement? my sister in Canada has a household that includes she and her daughter (few months old)
Typically for super visa, they will look at your sister's earnings. Notice of assessment, T4, Pay statements and Employment letter will speak to that. On top of it it is a good idea to show some bank balance. In my case I did show 15K.

Sprule

Jun 21, 2017
Timelines for my mother SuperVisa
Mode: GC Key
Application Submission: Nov, 1st 2021
Biometric Given: Dec, 8th 2021

CIC Processing Times as of today 71 days, which already passed from the day I assumed she had given her Biometric.
Anyone in same boat? or advise if we reapply through portal?