+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa 2021

_wanderer

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
If my parents are visiting Canada under super visa (PG-1), do they need to have return tickets booked???
Saw some comments stating visitor visa holders need to show return tickets before boarding the flights.

qwertas

Dec 16, 2018
Hi, Just sharing my timeline to make things clears for others. It's just my experience not to demotivate. I applied for my Parents through GC key on 1st November 2020 and since then no update on file. I applied through New portal on 23 December 2022 and this time only progress till now is Medical passed and Eligibility in progress. Really don't understand now what to do. Raised Multiple webform but nothing worked. Any suggestions or if someone can share timeline, that really helps and makes us motivated.
IRCC processing doesn't have any logic from my point of view.
I applied for my parent at the end of Jan 2022 and received a PPR last week but you're still waiting. Why did they process our application before yours - I have no idea and see no logic in it.

vipinait

Star Member
Aug 16, 2016
You only applied at the end of December and 2 weeks were essentially vacation. Be patient and don’t send anymore webforms unless your application is taking much longer than others (3-4+ months)
Does sending multiple webforms negatively affect the visa application processing? I submitted application on 9th Dec, biometric on 29th Dec and medical on 8th Jan. I sent multiple webforms to add medical report, but none of them work and every time I got the standard reply.

j.pallavi16

Feb 11, 2022
Hi, thanks to those who responded to my earlier questions. For context, I had initially applied for my parents' supervisa last year using GCKey but there has been no progress on that. Therefore, I am now re-applying using the new IRCC portal. However, I'm noticing that none of the forms required in the old GCKey portal are required to be submitted in the new portal.

I just want to confirm that this is correct and that I'm not missing anything?

The new portal does ask for pretty much the same information, just not in way of various forms that the old GCkey portal did. I'd appreciate it if someone can confirm that this is correct, so I can confidently submit this application without worry. Thanks in advance!

Mizchini

Feb 17, 2022
Hello newbie here, first of all congrats to those who received visas ! I am in the same boat as those waiting. I submitted a supervisa application for my dad on Nov 11,2021 with upfront Medicals. Biometrics we’re done in Dec and that is the only update, no update about Medicals. It’s been over 3months now and the IRCC contact centre has nothing to say other than wait/ submit webform!
I can see many have reapplied on the new IRCC portal and have had success. So I was hoping to get some advice,
*do I have to submit newer documents like recent bank statements, payslips, recent employment letter, newer letter of invitation ? Or since I need to need to link the old application to new application, will those documents from the previous application automatically be transferred to the new application and suffice?
* do I need to pay the feeagain for the application in the new portal, will the fees from
The GC key portal be transferred or refunded?
* is the application on the GC key portal automatically withdrawn after visa is approved or will it be deleted and focus is on the one in new portal?

any other information you can provide is much appreciated.. Thanks in advance

_wanderer

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
If my parents are visiting Canada under super visa (PG-1), do they need to have return tickets booked???
Saw some comments stating visitor visa holders need to show return tickets before boarding the flights.
Can someone pls answer this?

They are travelling next week. So an answer will be greatly appreciated :)

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi everyone,I applied my in laws supervisa on Nov 11, 2021 and I didn’t get any result on that even medical was not updated.Then I decided to apply again I applied on Feb 5th and medical passed on 11Feb, approval 12 Feb and they withdrawn my previous application.
Congrats on this. Did you somewhere mentioned your old application number for reference when you have applied again on Feb 5th?

Reactions: Ramannav

akajro

Jan 23, 2015
Hi People,

I applied for my in laws supervisa in Nov 2020, no reply since, then I applied it again on Dec 20th 2021 through new portal, with updated medicals and Biometrics were already been done, Today I got an update Review of medical results - February 16, 2022: You passed the medical exam. What's the next step, how long would it take for PPR request.

Mizchini

Feb 17, 2022
IRCC processing doesn't have any logic from my point of view.
I applied for my parent at the end of Jan 2022 and received a PPR last week but you're still waiting. Why did they process our application before yours - I have no idea and see no logic in it.
congrats .. did you apply on the new IRCC portal ?

PP05

Jul 5, 2017
Hi All,

My mom-in-law's application was approved and they requested for her passport to be sent for stamping. They sent an automated email saying that they have received her passport on Feb-10, 2021, but no updates after that. Is anyone else in the same boat? Its been a week and no updates from IRCC. We dont know what to do?
Country - India
Passport was sent through Mumbai VAC to Delhi VAC and is not with IRCC (as of Feb-10, 2022).

Please suggest.