+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

(Super Delay) Work Permit Extension (inland) Timelines Here...

SuperDCan

Jan 15, 2019
Hi All

Apologies in advance as I have really no knowledge on Work Permits and extension just asking for someone. My cousin work permit (PGWP) is expiring on Feb 04, 2019. She was unable to apply due to some unseen circumstances can she apply now ? is there any dead line to file the work permit extension application.

She was initially issued only 1.5 WP because of her passport expiry.

Appreciate your help in advance

Thanks
All the details for WP extension is mentioned here.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend.html
Bottom line : Apply before your WP expiry date -Even if it expires you can work on implied status but if go out of the country you will loose work rights Worst case : If the work permit is expired even then one can be apply up to 90 days as restoration of status in Canada. But you loose work rights.

Better apply the WP extension as early as possible so that after 4th Feb your cousin can work under implied status

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
All the details for WP extension is mentioned here.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend.html
Bottom line : Apply before your WP expiry date -Even if it expires you can work on implied status but if go out of the country you will loose work rights Worst case : If the work permit is expired even then one can be apply up to 90 days as restoration of status in Canada. But you loose work rights.

Better apply the WP extension as early as possible so that after 4th Feb your cousin can work under implied status
Thanks for your answer.

Just for clarification once she applied work permit she suppose to apply for restoration status separately? or once applied she don't need to apply restoration status ?

Thanks again

SuperDCan

Jan 15, 2019
Thanks for your answer.

Just for clarification once she applied work permit she suppose to apply for restoration status separately? or once applied she don't need to apply restoration status ?

Thanks again
If she applies before WP expiry date no need for the restoration application. It is only applicable is WP is expired and there is no in progress application for WP extension.
Details here:

Restoration is only applicable if:
you are still in Canada and:

• your permit expired before you applied for
    • a new work permit
    • a study permit
    • to stay in Canada as a visitor
  • you didn’t respect the conditions of your permit

SuperDCan

Jan 15, 2019
If she applies before WP expiry date no need for the restoration application. It is only applicable is WP is expired and there is no in progress application for WP extension.
Details here:

• a new work permit
    • a study permit
If you need further clarification do call CIC Agent

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Details here:

• a new work permit
    • a study permit
Thanks

I tried to search online but couldnt find right way to apply for extension. Do you know by chance can I apply online for extension or only I need to file paper based application. What is the right form to be filled out ?

Thanks for your help

S

Prince_11

Jan 6, 2018
British Columbia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
Is anyone waiting from Nov 23rd around 2018?. i saw People are getting their BOWP extensions even they applied after me. I called CiC and they said my application is in the queue of printing and it been 10 days already.

I also notice a week before website was showing they are working on application applied on November 18th and this week they changed it back to Nov 11th. I don't know what's going on there. few of my friends got their extension they applied in dec 5th around. I been 109 days for me and hasn't see anything so far.

any suggestion or just keep waiting. thank you in advance.

Prince_11

Jan 6, 2018
British Columbia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
Is anyone waiting from Nov 23rd around 2018?. i saw People are getting their BOWP extensions even they applied after me. I called CiC and they said my application is in the queue of printing and it been 10 days already.

I also notice a week before website was showing they are working on application applied on November 18th and this week they changed it back to Nov 11th. I don't know what's going on there. few of my friends got their extension they applied in dec 5th around. I been 109 days for me and hasn't see anything so far.

any suggestion or just keep waiting. thank you in advance.
116 days today no updates. i send webform and they are saying they are still working on the application. it is stressful.

nilesh29

Jun 13, 2018
What's the latest on this? I've got my work permit amendment application pending. Submitted on Jan 2, 2019. Today's the 84th day according to IRCC's processing times. Has anyone got a decision within this timeframe?

navkhurmi

Mar 27, 2019
Surrey
Category........
Visa Office......
Surrey
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi I applied for bowp under new employer on 24 dec it’s showing file in under proses what to do

Prince_11

Jan 6, 2018
British Columbia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
What's the latest on this? I've got my work permit amendment application pending. Submitted on Jan 2, 2019. Today's the 84th day according to IRCC's processing times. Has anyone got a decision within this timeframe?
Waiting from nov 23rd no updates . 125 days