+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SUCCESS LINKING APPLICATION

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Thanks, tried the space trick too and it didn't work, continued reading the thread and followed your post and it worked! Well I think...
I thought it said "no application has been found" again after I clicked on Search, and I was kind of disappointed and didn't pay attention to what button I pressed but on the next page I found my application linked!

However, when I go into the details and click on "View submitted application", the "Supporting Documents", "Optional Documents", and "Fees" are all empty. Anybody knows if this is normal?
Yes. Until they need something it will be blank. You'll get an email when something is needed

ahha07

Oct 25, 2018
Hi,
I'm the sponsor and I'm trying to link my spouse through GCKey and I have been unsuccessful so far... For the applicant section, should I put my information (sponsor) or my wife's information (principal applicant)? Thanks

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Hi,
I'm the sponsor and I'm trying to link my spouse through GCKey and I have been unsuccessful so far... For the applicant section, should I put my information (sponsor) or my wife's information (principal applicant)? Thanks
The principle applicant information

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
Hi,
Try this :
Hey Everyone
I've been trying for ages to link my application and I finally did it!!!!! THIS IS HOW

(1) Go to this below listed link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
(2) Click on continue to Gckey
(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
(5) Then select category and subcategory that you applied for.
(6) Then select Application Number and Family name
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form. PUT YOUR FAMILY NAME IS THIS FORMAT - Smith (ensuring the first letter is capitalized) THEN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE. Then fill in Application number and AGAIN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fillCITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH, DO NOT FILL IN ANY PASSPORT INFORMATION. AGAIN WRITE ON THE SAME FORMAT (CAPITALISED FIRST LETTER OF YOUR CITY) AND PUT A SPACE AFTERWARDS
(9) Select Province and town you intend to live in (as on your IMM0008) and select current marital Status.
(10) Finally select 2 as the number of family members AND AGAIN ADD A SPACE AT THE END.
(11) Once you fill all information, Click on Search for my application
(12) Your application will be found and can be linked.
(13) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

GOOD LUCK LINKING!!

michegem25

Sep 23, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
August 18, 2018
Doc's Request.
December 12, 2018
AOR Received.
November 16, 2018
File Transfer...
November 26, 2018
Med's Request
November 22, 2018
Med's Done....
March 21, 2019
Thanks, tried the space trick too and it didn't work, continued reading the thread and followed your post and it worked! Well I think...
I thought it said "no application has been found" again after I clicked on Search, and I was kind of disappointed and didn't pay attention to what button I pressed but on the next page I found my application linked!

However, when I go into the details and click on "View submitted application", the "Supporting Documents", "Optional Documents", and "Fees" are all empty. Anybody knows if this is normal?
Sorry for the late response but I’m glad my post has helped! Mine was also blank the moment I was able to link my application but I realized its usefulness when they asked for additional documents. It is very convenient since they don’t have to send the requests through mail and you can also submit/upload their requested docs in your online account.

APassi

Mar 16, 2019
Hey Everyone
I've been trying for ages to link my application and I finally did it!!!!! THIS IS HOW

(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form. PUT YOUR FAMILY NAME IS THIS FORMAT - Smith (ensuring the first letter is capitalized) THEN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE. Then fill in Application number and AGAIN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH, DO NOT FILL IN ANY PASSPORT INFORMATION. AGAIN WRITE ON THE SAME FORMAT (CAPITALISED FIRST LETTER OF YOUR CITY) AND PUT A SPACE AFTERWARDS
(9) Select Province and town you intend to live in (as on your IMM0008) and select current marital Status.
(10) Finally select 2 as the number of family members AND AGAIN ADD A SPACE AT THE END.

GOOD LUCK LINKING!!
This worked for me! Just linked my wife's application after multiple days of attempts. Thank you for sharing.

hetaljariwala

Apr 11, 2019
I fixed my post-graduation work permit issue by complaining to CIC, they replied back after a week that they have fixed the technical issue and it worked!!!

imjeolmi

Nov 25, 2018
Thank you so much for this!
We couldn't figure out what we inputted wrong before.. this was so helpful.

Josephclaud

May 16, 2019
Hey guys, I'm trying to link my application and it's not working out. How did you guys do it? Please help out a brother. TIA.

May 24, 2019
Try this :
Hey Everyone

(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fillCITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH, DO NOT FILL IN ANY PASSPORT INFORMATION. AGAIN WRITE ON THE SAME FORMAT (CAPITALISED FIRST LETTER OF YOUR CITY) AND PUT A SPACE AFTERWARDS

GOOD LUCK LINKING!!

I followed these instructions today (although I used passport info instead of city and country of birth) and was able to link my account on the very first try. Most of my options were drop down menus, but for the Application number and Family Name, I did put in the extra space after.

Thank you so much, I had been stressing over getting this done, and very happy that it worked on the first try!

Reactions: shalenabennie

VicNik

Jul 3, 2019
I followed these instructions today (although I used passport info instead of city and country of birth) and was able to link my account on the very first try. Most of my options were drop down menus, but for the Application number and Family Name, I did put in the extra space after.

Thank you so much, I had been stressing over getting this done, and very happy that it worked on the first try!
I cannot enter to my account. Could you please tell me which Application number did you enter? Thank you

ifrahzehra

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
Hey Everyone

(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH, DO NOT FILL IN ANY PASSPORT INFORMATION. AGAIN WRITE ON THE SAME FORMAT (CAPITALISED FIRST LETTER OF YOUR CITY) AND PUT A SPACE AFTERWARDS

GOOD LUCK LINKING!!

It worked for me ... thank you so much I was linking my family sponsorship application and worked for me.
If you follow the exact same way it works fro sure,
thank you so much

azteker

Nov 17, 2016
Adding a space after Application number will cause an error(appication number is wrong), does this method still work now?