+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SUCCESS LINKING APPLICATION

marpou

Star Member
Mar 12, 2018
Northern Manitoba
So, I'm having a problem where in my application, under where I plan to live, I put in "Other" as the city/town I plan on living in, because the town I currently live in (and probably will be living in) was not on the list. When trying to link the application online, "other" is not an option. Does that mean I will never actually be able to link my paper application to my online account?

Qwijebo

Mar 13, 2018
NONSENSE! shame on the website for not updating it. Nothing works, spacebar has no effect, everything I have all info is correct, I guess they want us to send it manually. This is absolutely rediculous. Only in Canada does this happen. To hell with linking my application!

marpou

Star Member
Mar 12, 2018
Northern Manitoba
I actually managed to link my application after all! Under city/town, if whatever city/town you wrote you plan to live in is not listed, select the province name followed by NES. I selected Manitoba as the province, and Manitoba NES as the city/town and suddenly the system was able to find and link my application!

I'd urge anyone having problems with linking the application to call the CIC call centre - they were super helpful to me! Tip: call before you use all your daily attempts and have your computer at hand - then they can help you as you go.

Reactions: GerNatUKRes

GerNatUKRes

Jan 23, 2015
NONSENSE! shame on the website for not updating it. Nothing works, spacebar has no effect, everything I have all info is correct, I guess they want us to send it manually. This is absolutely rediculous. Only in Canada does this happen. To hell with linking my application!
Call CIC before trying all daily attempts is good advice. And it will highlight to them that the system is not functioning correctly.

I also recommend writing each variation down in detail that you try.

I managed on the second day to link my account and it was due to putting "single" though I am married (assume the system registered me as single when I first created the CIC account).
It is understandable that it is frustrating to put in all info correct but the system is programmed to ask for specifics other than what would be right.
I put "2" (include the principle applicant).
I left DOB blank.

Reactions: Faithgly27

kashifaziz

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
Hi! A very noobish question here.

For my spouse who happens to be the principal applicant, I have to create a new GC-Key? Or can I link it with my own GC-Key? I myself landed as a PR 7 months back and I still have my GC-Key.

chelseam

Star Member
May 20, 2018
Hey Everyone
I've been trying for ages to link my application and I finally did it!!!!! THIS IS HOW

(1) Go to this below listed link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
(2) Click on continue to Gckey
(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
(5) Then select category and subcategory that you applied for.
(6) Then select Application Number and Family name
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form. PUT YOUR FAMILY NAME IS THIS FORMAT - Smith (ensuring the first letter is capitalized) THEN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE. Then fill in Application number and AGAIN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH, DO NOT FILL IN ANY PASSPORT INFORMATION. AGAIN WRITE ON THE SAME FORMAT (CAPITALISED FIRST LETTER OF YOUR CITY) AND PUT A SPACE AFTERWARDS
(9) Select Province and town you intend to live in (as on your IMM0008) and select current marital Status.
(10) Finally select 2 as the number of family members AND AGAIN ADD A SPACE AT THE END.
(11) Once you fill all information, Click on Search for my application
(12) Your application will be found and can be linked.
(13) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

GOOD LUCK LINKING!!
WOW, THIS WORKED!!! After 2 weeks of not working. Finally!!! Thanks sooo much!

I did exactly as above, except for two differences:

3 as number at bottom, because my husband has one dependent.

My husband has two last names, so entered both, each one starting with a capital letter.

Good luck everyone. I know how frustrating it is! Especially when you've been asked to send documents via gckey!

Reactions: qhadeer

headingforcanada101

Nov 14, 2017
App. Filed.......
11-05-2018
AOR Received.
14-06-2018
I tried everything listed here and it still won't let me link. I tried to call multiple numbers and I can't reach anyone.

This is so frustrating.

IR0NMAN

Mar 2, 2018
Category........
FAM
Hey Everyone
I've been trying for ages to link my application and I finally did it!!!!! THIS IS HOW

(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form. PUT YOUR FAMILY NAME IS THIS FORMAT - Smith (ensuring the first letter is capitalized) THEN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE. Then fill in Application number and AGAIN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH, DO NOT FILL IN ANY PASSPORT INFORMATION. AGAIN WRITE ON THE SAME FORMAT (CAPITALISED FIRST LETTER OF YOUR CITY) AND PUT A SPACE AFTERWARDS
(9) Select Province and town you intend to live in (as on your IMM0008) and select current marital Status.
(10) Finally select 2 as the number of family members AND AGAIN ADD A SPACE AT THE END.

GOOD LUCK LINKING!!

THIS REALLY WORKS.

THANK YOU SO MUCH...

Canucks and Hawks

May 1, 2018
Hey Guys.

Nothing was working so we used
Principal applicant’s UCI and Application Number.
Passport number with issue date and expiry date.
Number of applicants 2.
And it worked! Hurray!

Not sure why the other way wasn’t working with surname and city of birth maybe capitalized vs non-capitalized, etc. Who knows? Lol. Phew.

Got locked out yesterday for 24 hours and was about to get locked out again but it worked! :)

Harveydent

Jul 10, 2018
I also linked my application successfully but in the fees section of my submitted application i see blank 'empty' ..... I paid my fees offline at VFS canada centre, is tgis normal or there should be any message in the fees tab?

rdnsb

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Hey Everyone

GOOD LUCK LINKING!!

BANG! BANG!! BANG!!!

Right on target.

wow.

First attempt. I got my spouse application linked.

Thank you.

karachi-pakistan

Apr 12, 2016
Edmonton, AB, CA
Hey Everyone

GOOD LUCK LINKING!!
After trying for 3 days at my own and thinking to call CIC, I thought of first googling and glad to have found this. It totally worked for me, thanks alot :)

rajeshkande2146

Star Member
Sep 20, 2018
I actually managed to link my application after all! Under city/town, if whatever city/town you wrote you plan to live in is not listed, select the province name followed by NES. I selected Manitoba as the province, and Manitoba NES as the city/town and suddenly the system was able to find and link my application!

I'd urge anyone having problems with linking the application to call the CIC call centre - they were super helpful to me! Tip: call before you use all your daily attempts and have your computer at hand - then they can help you as you go.
Hi sir

can you pleasee provide CIC contact number where i can call from india

thank you

Jessica_D

Star Member
Jan 9, 2018
Winnipeg
Hey Everyone

GOOD LUCK LINKING!!

This worked for me too! Thanks so much! :D

michegem25

Sep 23, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
August 18, 2018
Doc's Request.
December 12, 2018
AOR Received.
November 16, 2018
File Transfer...
November 26, 2018
Med's Request
November 22, 2018
Med's Done....
March 21, 2019
After almost 20 attempts, I’m glad that finally, I was able to link my application to the GCkey account I created! Adding a space trick didn’t work for me. It’s important that you have a copy of the IMM0008 form for reference. Because I sponsored my spouse, I selected Permanent Residence as the category->then Family Class(Spouse) for the subcategory->then I selected Application number and Family name for the details I will be providing (include the F for the application number and the Family Name should be the Applicant’s Last Name exactly as it is as how you typed it in the form cause it’s case sensitive, in my case it was all caps e.g. SMITH) ->For Applicant’s Personal info, I selected Passport then filled up passport number, date issued and expiry date, again exactly the same as it is on the form or in his passport ->Select the province and city/town the applicant intend to live in from the drop-down menu and it should match the details in the form->current marital status should be Married and lastly, number of family numbers I typed in was 2 (that includes me/the sponsor and my husband/principal applicant) unless you have kids or you have dependents included in the application NOTE: I didn’t add any space at the end of each detail in fields without drop-down menu. Don’t forget to hit the search button once your finished filling up the fields.

I was surprised when the message said “an application has been found” instead of the upsetting “no application has been found”.

Best of luck to everyone and I hope this would help others who are still having trouble linking their application.

Last edited:
Reactions: andygps and qhadeer